Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Infinite Looper Synch Start with Gadget in Audiobus

How can I get Inf Looper or Aleph to sync start with Gadget guys? I have a really nice groove going in Gadget but now I wanna record a longer Saxophone track in Inf Looper. But even with LINK enabled on both Inf Looper won't sync start the recording process. Please help. Thanks!

Comments

• Ya got me there ...

Normally when I want to start things along with Gadget, I load them both into Audiobus and use its global transport. But, it doesn't seem that IL implements the AB global transport controls.

One way that might work would be to load gadget as an IAA into ModStep if you have it. If you turn off link and enable MIDI sync to external clock in Gadget, it will respond to ModStep's transport. Next load up IL as an IAA in another track in Modstep. Set up a pattern in the IL track with a single note, and set the pattern to play only once. Midi learn that note in IL for Toggle Play. Even if that did what you want, its probably way more trouble than its worth.

I'm a little surprised that IL doesn't implement AudioBus' global transport.

• wimwim
    edited November 2016

If you have iM1 / Darwin, there are some good Sax sounds in there. If the sax part is more than 16 bars then you would need to do more than one pass, but other than that, Gadget isn't bad at all for live recording.

Another option might be to export your MIDI tracks from Gadget, import them into IL and point them at Gadget rather than having Gadget play back on its own.

• Thanks wim. Forgot to mention I was doing all of this on the iPhone. I love the ability to loop in Gadget specially for drums but when I was doing my Saxophone part I really wish I had a linear recorder. I tried Beatmaker but lost more hair and inspiration trying to figure it out so I deleted it.

I really like Darwin's SAX sounds but chose Sampletank's instead as it had a bit more realism. I was playing it at the same time I was listening to smooth jazz on pandora and wow it sounded identical to the one being played by the pros.

I have Modstep but wanna be able to work on iPhone for ease of composing and transfer to iPad later that's why I was hoping Beatmaker would be easier to use but turned out to be so complicated. Most likely my fault but if I could figure out Modstep Beatmaker should have been a breeze. Oh well, hope IL gets sync start with Audiobus soon.

• what i do is to do everything that gadget will be doing, along with incremental changes throughout the song and then export to cubasis, auria or live to add live parts or longer parts. splitting drums to do this properly is key to me because once i am out of gadget i am out and need everything separate to mix

• I see. It's just that the Sax part that I'm doing is longer than 8 bars. It's a smooth Jazz song I'm putting together and while I might be able to just duplicate the scene there's no way to have Gadget start recording one one scene and the jump automatically to the other one and continue recording. Unless I'm missing something.

• @SecretBaseDesign, how difficult would it be to add linear midi tracks in Aleph or IL? This would truly put these apps over the top. To be able to do both midi looping and linear midi recording. Any chance of it ever being added to your wish list?

• I'm hoping to have MIDI stop/start in an upcoming release. I'll think about having a linear MIDI track (might just make the loops have a one-shot option -- so that they'd play only once if a section is looping). There's a lot of good stuff on the horizon, just need to get to the end of the semester so that I can start jamming on the code full time!

• Awesome!!! And a lot of fresh coffee! :)