Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Animoog

edited December 2012 in General App Discussion

Update supporting Audiobus is LIVE in the app store now!

Comments

• Says its there but no option to update yet (uk) :-(

• Its there now! :-) Shame I have to go to a party tonight.

• I have it and it's awesome. Audiobus menu shows up on the left side of the page. That was a little odd. Overall first impression is pretty awesome. Audiobus... what did we do without you?

• Just putting it through it’s paces now and will report back later. There's some pretty cool non Audiobus related stuff in the update too.

• Animooooooooooooooog. :D

No sign of Filtatron, I take it? They're really missing a trick there.

• The current version on the AppStore allows you to use the 4 track recorder without unlocking it via IAP. Happy days!

The really cool thing on Animoog's built in 4 track recorder is that you can set different loop lengths for each track making it really easy to set up crazy polyrhythmic stuff. You can of course do this via Loopy with Audiobus but its great that Moog have built this into the App.

Admittedly $5 bucks as an IAP for this single function is a tad cheeky and it seems to continue the trend Moog started with their midi pack of effectively charging for upgrades via IAP's but I love Moog so I'll let it pass... :)

• Yeah, I hear you. I don't really disagree with Moog's approach to be honest. I don't like being taxed all the time, but 5 bucks is not *that bad. We've gotten into this mindset where we feel like we should be able to buy an app once and get a lifetime of free updates. I work in the software business and I can tell you that's not a sustainable business model for us. I can't imagine where it would be for these app developers either. If they add great features and they spent money paying developers to add those features, I don't think they should be obligated to give that stuff away for free. Heck, at least three different times this week I've thought "I should really just mail Sebastian some more money for this awesomeness". ;-)

• Anybody get the Grateful Dead expansion pack? I will not be able to resist. If I had my iPad on me I'd buy it right now.

• Well its a pretty cool update lots of nice features and I am getting it to run on audiobus with loopy on my ipad2 which is pretty good, unfortunately can't use any effects without it glitching was kind of hoping to get this running along with audulus running some vocal effects just not quite there wish they would have added a reduce cpu option maybe reduce the number of voices, but hey you can't have everything. Maybe if I was running an ipad 4 I could have everything I want. Anyone else had any luck with Animoog+fx+loopy+ipad2 maybe I am missing something.

• It's an interesting performance test for sure. Particularly interesting putting it up against PPG Wave Generator in that regard. Which is more efficient, I wonder?

• Audulus is a little glitchy on it's own I've found (and I run a iPad3)

It is likely that loopy isn't recording the audio glitches (at least, this is what I've read and heard form others. It does a good job of correcting those mistakes into recordings.)

Not ideal, but you could record animoog into loopy, close animoog, route the loop back into Audiobus' input, open audulus, and add efx

• I've been able to get some great guitar sounds using Animoog, JamUp, and Funkbox midi plus playing via a Korg nano pad.

• Here's a link so Sebastien doesn't yell at us ; ) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/animoog/id471638724?mt=8

• @Paulinko, can you explainify that a little?

• Christmas is in the air. been having a blast using this with Loopy HD. man once beatmaker 2 is on the bus, it's over!

• Yeah, can't overstate that about Beatmaker 2. Really the only one I'm still waiting on.

• man,such a nice christmas time.It was never so much fun to look for new updates every day.It's like a musicians advent calendar :)

• @Boone51 I put JamUp into the effects slot and add Animoog plus FunkBox into the input slot. I can get a rhythm going in FunkBox and have it play Animoog with midi, I can then use a Korg Nano pad connected via the camera connection kit to play the Animoog (the xy pad and hold buttons, flange, and roll come in handy) with the guitar tones. I also play the Animoog directly with the other hand so after all of this I can get several octaves of sound going at once. The hardware midi controllers are very useful for testing and setting up the controls in JamUp so you don't blast your ears switching between the input apps and JamUp, you stay in JamUp play the other app via midi and adjust the controls so the output in JamUp is adjusted for your input apps output and the settings for your pedals in JamUp.

• Once Cubasis goes into the Bus thats it..we will have such a powerful set up..

• Animoog is on sale again!!

This time I won't miss out!

• I own the iPhone version. Although I hate to have to buy an app twice, looks like I have no choice since it looks like the iPad version is the only one that's going to support AB.

• I'm the opposite. If I like an app too much and it's non universal I'll buy it for my iPhone.

I'm sure most people here have animoog but I figured I'd post up about it