Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis Midi Editor Note Range for Drumkits

Hi
Anyone know if there is a way to extend the visible note range in the Midi Editor in Cubasis 2 so that I can edit drum sounds played from a midi keyboard on keys higher the E2? All I seem to have visible is a range from E0 to E2 which means I can't edit (i.e. move, remove or tweak the velocity) of cymbals and stuff that I played as say F#2. Although the sounds play back using Cubasis kits I can't see those higher notes in the midi roll!

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2016

You can pinch-zoom vertically, as well as scroll using two fingers. You can also increase the size of the window by dragging vertically at the upper-left hand corner of the window.

• Thanks, @wim but what I meant was is there a way to scroll the piano keyboard in the midi editor to see higher notes that are triggering drum sounds but don't appear to be able to be edited?
    For example there are cymbals I recorded by playing F#2 on my midi keyboard but I can't get the keyboard at the side of the midi editor to scroll to see above E2 it seems to have a fixed editable note range less than the triggerable note range.

Any ideas @LFS ?

• I have the same problem

• Since I cannot access midi drum notes higher than E2 in the midi piano roll editor in Cubasis I decided to export the midi to Auria and get it to play the drum sounds which are mapped better than the kit I was using in Cubasis. My aim was to mix down the midi to audio (wav) in Auria and re-import it into Cubasis. I mixed it down to a WAV but where is the file? How can I export it to Cubasis?? I still can't fathom Auria at all!

• Odd. I really don't understand this at all. I can edit notes all the way up to C7 in the Cubasis piano roll? Sorry, I must be missing something here.

• Ahh ... Now I get it. The limitation is when you have the instrument set to a micro sonic drum instrument. Maybe try switching the instrument to "None" or to a keyboard instrument temporarily, then switch it back after editing.

• Thank, @wim Yes I eventually tried that. Switching to piano to edit the high notes and then back. It works but would be better to be able to edit high notes of microsonic drums directly or have them not trigger sounds beyond their editable range!
    Cheers!

• I'm having this issue and frankly it's f###ing annoying. I know one could can say my nose is up Auria's backside but little shit like this just doesn't occur... believe me, Auria has it's bugs & irritants but since I've had Cubasis 2 (bought on the last sale) I keep getting into areas like this that shouldn't be an issue on even the most rudimentary DAW, especially one that had the MIDI crowd locked up until Auria Pro dropped.

I'll import a nice MIDI drum groove just as a building block and if it has stuff going on above E2 then prepare to change the voice set to something that will show the entire keyboard (the fix in above post).

But if you want to try other drum elements in that groove? Forget it in Cubasis 2, after two or three bac & forths to piano, back again, hit a drum "No, not that one", back to piano, oops don't accidentally set an errant note....

Go to Another MIDI editor or use another drum app for grooves. Pity because the kits in Cubasis aren't bad & the self contained natures of DAWs is half the attraction...