Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ROTOR is here!

ROTOR - Tangible Modular Music Synth by Reactable Systems SL
https://appsto.re/us/d0dncb.i

Taking the plunge....

Comments

• Courage!
    (And report back!)

• Sounds too good to not at least have a dabble :)

• cool, ten bucks is a great intro price. I'd bite too, but I don't really understand the app. So, I'll need to wait until I can figure it out. :)

• Yeah what is it lol

• From the way it reads it is anything you want it to be LOL

My first project is to try and make it, make me go WOW. And then get me lost for a few hours, after which my face aches through smiling too much.

I'll let you know tomorrow how that goes......I guess I'll need a WOW-o-meter and an Ache-o-meter.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    From the way it reads it is anything you want it to be LOL

My first project is to try and make it, make me go WOW. And then get me lost for a few hours, after which my face aches through smiling too much.

I'll let you know tomorrow how that goes......I guess I'll need a WOW-o-meter and an Ache-o-meter.

Is it a bit like a cross between TC-11 and Jasuto

• @AndyPlankton said:

Is it a bit like a cross between TC-11 and Jasuto ?

• Its a sexy and creative way to play loops and synthesized sounds while adjusting parameters in a "performance" type feel.

All while not being constrained with the traditional axis of music arrangement

Besides that, I don' t have a clue.

I will buy it fuck it.

• @RustiK said:
    Its a sexy and creative way to play loops and synthesized sounds while adjusting parameters in a "performance" type feel.

All while not being constrained with the traditional axis of music arrangement

Besides that, I don' t have a clue.

I will buy it fuck it.

That's what I did LOL

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Is it a bit like a cross between TC-11 and Jasuto ?

I've never used either of those so I don't know....Still at work so can't play yet.....

I have been quietly watching this since they first announced it.

• Make sure it has Audiocopy Audiopaste

Their other app DOESNT!

I forgot.

I will wait and see if it has import options. If not, I may pass.

• OK. Pleasure trip? Performance-focused only? Confusing as fuck? Needs a video? Better than a bubble bath of lovely coursing around the dendrites of my unknown creative self?

• Soundfonts support...mmmm...interesting..

• I left a message on their FB page and invited them to join the discussion here.

• Reactable was one of the first music apps I bought, never got on with it unfortunately.

• All I've managed to make it do so far is play the demos.....
    It is not very intuitive so far, but I have only really messed for about 10 minutes

Found the wave player, cannot figure out how to get a sample or loop in.

....have to get back to work, must put iPad down, must stop...MUST STOP

• @MonzoPro said:
    Reactable was one of the first music apps I bought, never got on with it unfortunately.

Same here. Good for a bit of fiddling.

I wonder if it requires the aforementioned tangible pucks to operate fully.

• @AndyPlankton said:

A 1979 Kate Bush, dipped in honey?

• @MonzoPro said:
    Reactable was one of the first music apps I bought, never got on with it unfortunately.

>

The demos aren't really convincing. One was out of focus. Wary this could be the next Skram.

• @Nkersov said:

@AndyPlankton said:

A 1979 Kate Bush, dipped in honey?

Well there's the WOW I was looking for :D

• What's the difference between this and Reactable? Looks very similar...

• I'm gonna wait, and see how everyone gets on with "the optional ROTOR controllers, which can be purchased separately", according to the website.

• @Carnbot said:
    What's the difference between this and Reactable? Looks very similar...

This is what I want to know--I use Reachable Mobile for mangling loops from time to time, especially now that it supports Link. But it's not entirely clear what is added to the mix in this new app.

• @supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

That's three of us....

• @RustiK said:
    I will buy it fuck it.

Make sure you don't hurt yourself if you are trying the mini jack input :*

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

That's three of us....

Doesn't need the pucks

@RustiK said:
    Make sure it has Audiocopy Audiopaste

Their other app DOESNT!

I forgot.

I will wait and see if it has import options. If not, I may pass.

(The first one did have ACP, but it was hard to find...)

It is a bit like Jasuto (and SunVox). I liked and used the first iteration, this one in the first few minutes seems to be a big update of the first, rather than a departure. I've had the first one since iPad 1, I don't really mind throwing them the additional 10 bucks, will report further after work...

• @Littlewoodg said:

I don't really mind throwing them the additional 10 bucks, will report further after work...

Will def. look out for your thoughts/reaction...

• edited October 2016

I was really thinking of pulling the trigger on this, but it looks almost identical to their other Reactable app, only with support for their optional pucks. There's mostly advertising hyperbole without any real demos to go with it.

And lastly, they're going overboard with that "INTRODUCTORY 50% OFF" line. I've been noticing a trend with devs saying their "intro pricing" is for "a limited time", and then a month or so later, they quietly drop the "intro pricing" line and the "intro price" is really the actual price full price. Or, they quietly drop the price even more.

I understand they're trying to maximize profit right out of the gate, but when they don't actually raise the price up after whatever the intro period is, the trust factor takes a big hit.

Going to wait for reports from the early adopters on this one.

• edited October 2016

First impression (yes I'm in it when I should be working, couldn't keep away)

The modulations possible, and the workflow, is vastly improved over the first one...

Nice tool tip screen up at the top, deep contextual help function also. This is a big step for this application, which is quite deep and definitely had some 'splaining to do

• @Littlewoodg said:
    First impression (yes I'm in it when I should be working, couldn't keep away)

The modulations possible, and the workflow, is vastly improved over the first one...nice tool tip screen up at the top, deep contextual help function also.

Basically you're not blown away