Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Seek Beats update

Play / stop button for pads view

Still no play / stop button for rnd or perf view though.

Comments

• sweet, I'm sure play/stop is on the way for other views as well, this was an old request

• Nice. Great feedback from the dev.

• edited September 2016

Great addition. Would also love to see in perf view...
    I would also love:
    -Midi start/stop controlable (yes even if IAA/Link does work , I need to control the stop and relaunch sometimes for this app only...)
    -midi to select patterns, and midi control for the randomiser,
    -and a bug fix for the midi input that not kept while you unload/reload the app

And this would be all good for me :)

• Did he ever put AudioCopy/Paste back in? I thought at one point it had it, but then I was unable to find it and see no reference to it in the description.

I know most people ignore ACP as an outdated iOS relic, but as the freeze track bugs being worked out in Cubasis underscore, rhythm apps require precise timing and clipping of loops, and for a certain approach to workflow, being able to create loops and fills in 1, 2, or 4-bar increments is vital. Some of the newer apps like Elastic Drums have embraced this, though it's never quite as easy to execute as I'd like.

• @StormJH1 said:
    Did he ever put AudioCopy/Paste back in? I thought at one point it had it, but then I was unable to find it and see no reference to it in the description.

I know most people ignore ACP as an outdated iOS relic, but as the freeze track bugs being worked out in Cubasis underscore, rhythm apps require precise timing and clipping of loops, and for a certain approach to workflow, being able to create loops and fills in 1, 2, or 4-bar increments is vital. Some of the newer apps like Elastic Drums have embraced this, though it's never quite as easy to execute as I'd like.

You mentioned in another post, that you still use ACP, and I said I do to. And....I happen to like using it. What the hell is wrong with me!! lol......

• Yeah I think every sound generating app should have audio copy. Preferably with fixed recording length and start on input. I always look out for audio copy/paste before even thinking about Audiobus or anything else. It's the bare minimum for any music app in my opinion.

• Amen! I use Audiocopy
    all
    the
    time
    in Figure with Gadget. I'd LOVE to drop Seekbeats ideas into Gadget.

• @db909 said:
    Yeah I think every sound generating app should have audio copy. Preferably with fixed recording length and start on input. I always look out for audio copy/paste before even thinking about Audiobus or anything else. It's the bare minimum for any music app in my opinion.

I'd say 'Open In...' should be the minimum import and export requirement since that would let us send a file directly to the app instead of having to 'save' the file inside AudioCopy.app.(It's a total waste of time & space to always save a copy when all we need to do is to quickly send one file from one app to another).

And well, it makes more sense to support standard iOS features rather than rely on 3rd party SDKs the need to be kept updated by all developers to avoid issues.

Once Korg Gadget gets an option to rename the imported/pasted files I'll delete AudioCopy.app for good...

• Yep to 'Open in...' for everything ever. Though I really only care about it in sound generating apps that generate loops for the reasons the good Mr. @StormJH1 articulated.

• if hell is freezing over, then I'd like to go ahead and lend my support to the ACP movement!

• Open in is one truly good thing going on iOS. All apps should support it.

• edited September 2016

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Open in is one truly good thing going on iOS. All apps should support it.

Hallelujah !

• @syrupcore said:
    Yep to 'Open in...' for everything ever. Though I really only care about it in sound generating apps that generate loops for the reasons the good Mr. @StormJH1 articulated.

Amen. And yes, AudioShare can cover this and even created loops with BPM-relative snap lengths. But it's an extra step that just wouldn't be necessary if the rhythm app itself bounced loops and supported "Open In".

Apps like MoDrum that aren't necessarily my favorite sounding apps get more because they support this feature ably.

• @StormJH1 said:

@syrupcore said:
    Yep to 'Open in...' for everything ever. Though I really only care about it in sound generating apps that generate loops for the reasons the good Mr. @StormJH1 articulated.

Amen. And yes, AudioShare can cover this and even created loops with BPM-relative snap lengths. But it's an extra step that just wouldn't be necessary if the rhythm app itself bounced loops and supported "Open In".

Apps like MoDrum that aren't necessarily my favorite sounding apps get more because they support this feature ably.

Right here, especially as regards preferred usage.