Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Ruismaker templates. :)

• And the 'loop recording' is finally glitch-free!! :)

(Before I had an issue where a small portion of the beginning of the next 'loop' was at the end of the recording causing a click. Apparently it was a small buffer miss-alignment or something like that, but I'm happy it works perfectly now!!!).

Well done ModStep team! :)
    (As for the colours I hope to see 'bright' theme in addition to the current 'dark' theme for the next release).

• It seems to load faster now and more responsive

• I'm far from a 'ModStep Template Guru' but it sure would be nice to have templates for Roland iOS SoundCanvas and Korg iM1(iM1 partly because the iM1 lacks the built-in sequencer that was present on the original M1).

• Tried it and had 4 tracks of IAA going, no crashes. Seems much stable-er.

• Yes, finding IAA and AU both much more stable in ModStep now.....
    Nice work peeps :)

• Any of you guys have an air 1 plus ruismaker. I have an issue I'd like someone to test. Insert 5 instances of ruismaker. Modulate at least 5 parameters per device. Please report back your findings:)

• @Dchild said:
    Any of you guys have an air 1 plus ruismaker. I have an issue I'd like someone to test. Insert 5 instances of ruismaker. Modulate at least 5 parameters per device. Please report back your findings:)

Forgot to mention, test at different buffer sizes. 256, 512, 1024

• Ruismaker Templates are great - the Random parameter on X,Y is really fun.

• @Dchild said:

@Dchild said:
    Any of you guys have an air 1 plus ruismaker. I have an issue I'd like someone to test. Insert 5 instances of ruismaker. Modulate at least 5 parameters per device. Please report back your findings:)

Forgot to mention, test at different buffer sizes. 256, 512, 1024

only have an Air2. but could you describe what happens ?

• Hey guys, we have some goodie give-away (codes) on our facebook site:

https://www.facebook.com/modstepapp/

Enjoy!

• This is intense..

• The Templates Page is the final frontier for me in Modstep. I would love to see a Haq or Modstep tutorial.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    The Templates Page is the final frontier for me in Modstep. I would love to see a Haq or Modstep tutorial.

Hilarious, that's like the only part I understand.

• Tried 3 times giving up now lol

• @Ocsprey said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    The Templates Page is the final frontier for me in Modstep. I would love to see a Haq or Modstep tutorial.

Ha.
    Do you come from a midi background?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Bing bing bing...

• ModSTEP is quite easy to understand if there is a will to understand the way it was meant to be used...

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Ocsprey said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Ha.
    Do you come from a midi background?

I'm from Midi-Earth... No, one of my backgrounds is cybersecurity tho and I'm a big fan of flow-based programming - mostly I just think it's fun trying to unravel it, and see what I can get to talk to one another :)

• Keep an eye on the Ruismaker Facebook page if you're interested in a Modstep promocode... I'll be giving away a handful any moment now.

B)

• @brambos said:
    Keep an eye on the Ruismaker Facebook page if you're interested in a Modstep promocode... I'll be giving away a handful any moment now.

B)

I tried for 3 hours earlier :(

• edited September 2016

I'm still having problems with loading project on Modstep with AU-X plugin PPG Phonem playing back on wrong preset. Also, I've noticed a new bug where sounds don't playback once project is loaded.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@brambos said:
    Keep an eye on the Ruismaker Facebook page if you're interested in a Modstep promocode... I'll be giving away a handful any moment now.

B)

I tried for 3 hours earlier :(

I got one :D Thanks so muchly. Been trying on the Modstep site for 3 hours earlier to win :p

• @Samu said:
    ModSTEP is quite easy to understand if there is a will to understand the way it was meant to be used...

Yah it just requires a dedicated chunk of time but once it clicks it really sticks and makes sense. I found it funny how I was more or less baffled for about the first two hours and then it seemed like a light bulb/gong went off and everything fell into place within five minutes.

• edited September 2016

Edit... sorted

• Same here but now I'm finding that I'm really a timeline type of composer rather than looper. The more I use Cubasis the more it fits perfectly to my workflow. I still love looping though. :)

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:
    ModSTEP is quite easy to understand if there is a will to understand the way it was meant to be used...

Yah it just requires a dedicated chunk of time but once it clicks it really sticks and makes sense. I found it funny how I was more or less baffled for about the first two hours and then it seemed like a light bulb/gong went off and everything fell into place within five minutes.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Same here but now I'm finding that I'm really a timeline type of composer rather than looper. The more I use Cubasis the more it fits perfectly to my workflow. I still love looping though. :)

A 'combination' of both would be nice for both Gadget and Cubasis...
    Wonder if Ableton will ever release an iOS DAW with built-in Simpler or something similar :D
    Time-Line for ModSTEP feels like it's far away since it's mostly for live-looping/scene-triggering.

• yah, everything I do in Modstep (or ipad for that matter) ends up on a timeline DAW eventually. It is just another ingredient.

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Same here but now I'm finding that I'm really a timeline type of composer rather than looper. The more I use Cubasis the more it fits perfectly to my workflow. I still love looping though. :)

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

• Sweet. I loaded a couple of projects that had caused everything to crash and burn in the past, and they ran without any problems. Gonna try some real stress testing this evening, but looks like a stellar update so far. Thanks!!