Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wordsworth and Dickinson and IOS music

Here are two tracks from an album I'm working on of famous poems "set" to music. These two particular tracks were entirely made using IOS apps on an Ipad Air 2. The first, "At Last To Be Identified (Emily Dickinson)," was all Garage Band (with a Korg Microkey37 keyboard and a CAD U37 USB mic as inputs). The second, "A Slumber Did My Spirit Seal (William Wordsworth)," was created with the following apps and hardware: Nave, Animoog, Magellan, Thor, iSymphonic, AUM, Audioshare, Audiobus, Garageband, Midiplus AKM322 keyboard, CAD U37 USB mic. Hope you like the tracks.

Comments

• Hey, where is everybody? Nice job on this! Very creative. Especially like the vocal FX on A Slumber.

• I love the composition and music production but found the vocal production a little hard to listen to. The second one was improved by the vocal manipulations, very cool musical textures indeed and much more fitting vocal production.

• Thanks for sharing. Both poets are special to me. I studied abroad at Cambridge for a year - spent a good 2 weeks in the Lakes District - at the time Wordsworth inspired me the most - now for many years it's been Blake. About 2 years ago I did a grad seminar on Dickinson - her styles; life and writing - are the oblique type of literary fodder I'm drawn to. Great sounds - look forward to hearing the rest.

• @scadet @OscarSouth @Ocsprey, Thanks for the comments, compliments, and critiques. I realize now that I left out an important app in the list of apps I used for "A Slumber." The vocal manipulations were achieved through VoxSyn--an app I highly recommend for its ease of use and for its versatile, high-quality results.