Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My new song, "Veludo"!

My new song, "Veludo". Enjoy the listening and have a nice week!

Dimitri.

Comments

• In this song, I recorded the rhythm guitars and the bass dry and apply Ampkit later as an effect through AudioBus, using the dry tracks as source and audio tracks created by AudioBus as destination. I had to correct the timing afterwards, because it recorded with a terrible latency - absolutely my fault: I had bounced all MIDI tracks to audio and set the buffer to 4096 to use Auria's plug-ins.

Talking about MIDI, I used FF Twin for all my synth sounds except the electric piano at end (which I made with Garageband iOS and then exported to Auria Pro). I programmed them in Lyra, though, since Twin's built-in controller is unusable for anything other than auditioning the sounds. The drums were made using DPP, except for the kick, for which I used a Lyra drum.

The theme and improvised lead guitar were recorded dry, and then I used OverloudTHM, after trying some Saturn patches. Overloud is underrated, but is good and not CPU-intensive. It lacks a guitar tuner, which I hope they fix in a future update.