Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A good case for making music on iOS

Punch in at
44:44(44 min, 44 seconds)
Leo Laporte. Guy knows what he's talking about. It all iOS for me, for these reasons.
He's got la great tech show.

Comments

• linkage! embedment! hook up!

• I'm guessing you're talking about TWiT from last night, I'll look it up. I haven't watched him in a couple years.

• @Matthew: Yeah, you got it.. Someone on the phone w a virus.. He's saying how most people should just not even but Windows or even macs when Chromebooks and iPads will suffice nicely.

• edited August 2016

Ppl are so reluctant to new ways of doing things.
    I told my old man to get an iPad years ago.
    And what did he buy?
    A new windows 10 laptop he doesn't understand a thing about.
    I'm getting calls all the time "can you please come over and make this work". :#
    We both would be much happier if he just bought an iPad as I told him to.
    I left him one of my iPads to try out and I showed him stuff, but he didn't even touch it after I left the house. Instead he is calling hotlines for his windows stuff and doesn't understand what he is told to do.
    Arrrgh

• @lala said:
    Ppl are so reluctant to new ways of doing things.
    I told my old man to get an iPad years ago.
    And what did he buy?
    A new windows 10 laptop he doesn't understand a thing about.
    I'm getting calls all the time "can you please come over and make this work". :#
    We both would be much happier if he just bought an iPad as I told him to.
    I left him one of my iPads to try out and I showed him stuff, but he didn't even touch it after I left the house. Instead he is calling hotlines for his windows stuff and doesn't understand what he is told to do.
    Arrrgh

Haha. Keep trying. My mother and I had a similar thing going. I couldn't take it. Finallllllly convinced her to get an iPad and she's never been more digitally happy.

• edited August 2016

If you're making it it's a good case. Just got through with accidentally listening to "Pale Blues Eyes" by Lou and his friends and was wondering what he would do with this technology (back then) and the thing is the song makes the case. Not interested or impressed with what it's made on, only interested in it being made.

• edited August 2016

I can't imagine modern music history without him.
    Influenced everybody.
    Thx Andy.
    Technology alone does nothing, but it can make you jump through less hoops to go where you want to go. I'm very interested in this process. :smiley:
    Music is still made by the human infront of it. :)

• There are enough unique apps on iOS that make it more than worthwhile for making music. Anyone who denies iOS at this point simply doesn't know what they're talking about, or is just plain stubborn.

• edited August 2016

Just look at the market in the last two years.. Chromebooks were an anomaly.. Now they've exploded onto the scene.. The gap shortens.. I say stick w iOS.. Get into it despite its quirks and shortcomings.. Two years from now it will be a thing to behold..

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    If you're making it it's a good case. Just got through with accidentally listening to "Pale Blues Eyes" by Lou and his friends and was wondering what he would do with this technology (back then) and the thing is the song makes the case. Not interested or impressed with what it's made on, only interested in it being made.

He would have made Metal Machine Music 2 B)

• I wasn't an Android fanboy but my first smartphones from 2009 up were Android HTC models. I had friends & family who had iPhones but after futzing with them for a few minutes I felt they didn't offer the customizations and features that Android did. When iPads picked up steam I figured they were just big iPhones.

I can see how people can be resistant to believe iOS/iPads can truly be used in a professional music production...I did too for a long while. Even worse my dismissal was from straight here say, as I' d never tried any music production apps on iOS.

I've shared my story here before how my wife suprised me with an Air 2 last year. Once I got some apps & began experimenting I fell in love with the iOS format and never looked back. But I can remember how I first felt very dismissive towards working on a "tablet", so now I go and try to encourage naysayers, in a nice way, to try out some DAW's & synth apps.

I am fairly confident that as society and technology steers towards a universal "screen" for all entertainment, business etc. Musicians & producers will likely as well, in much larger numbers than we do now.

• edited August 2016

@pichi said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

^^ have you ever made it through metal machine music in one go? :D
    I didnt.
    lou about metal music machine years later: _ i was on smak, i remember nothing_ :D

this is the best interview ever
    what to say if you get asked a lot of nonsense :D

• @lala said:

@pichi said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

^^ have you ever made it through metal machine music in one go? :D
    I didnt.
    lou about metal music machine years later: _ i was on smak, i remember nothing_ :D

this is the best interview ever
    what to say if you get asked a lot of nonsense :D

Cool interview. Confounding those Aussie squares. I've never owned MMM. Only made it though a couple of tracks. Lou Reed taking the piss!