Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 9.3.5 Security Update

Knowing the intense hand wringing that any iOS update brings around here, I thought I'd mention that iOS 9.3.5 has released. It's a critical security update to address flaws that can be used to completely take over a phone. From all I can tell, it's only a security update. No feature updates or other fixes. So maybe not much to worry about hopefully. :#

Very interesting (if you're a geek) article about it here: Apple Fixes Zero-Day Flaws Used to Target Activist

Comments

• And the device is only 'compromised' after visiting a 'bad' web-site to which the link has been sent via sms or e-mail. So if one is 'sensibly carefull' when clicking around unknown links there should be no problems.

I'm also wondering if iOS9.3.5 will be the last update for my 1st gen iPad Mini as it will not get iOS10 support :(

• @Samu said:
    And the device is only 'compromised' after visiting a 'bad' web-site to which the link has been sent via sms or e-mail. So if one is 'sensibly carefull' when clicking around unknown links there should be no problems.

I'm also wondering if iOS9.3.5 will be the last update for my 1st gen iPad Mini as it will not get iOS10 support :(

I'm updating my 4S! Now that is something. I have been using it in low power mode, so it seems to do ok on 9.3

• Do these in between security updates generally come free of issues with apps working properly? Is it only the big updates (like 10) that we have to worry about?

• @db909 said:
    Do these in between security updates generally come free of issues with apps working properly? Is it only the big updates (like 10) that we have to worry about?

personal experience - I've never had a problem

• @db909 said:
    Do these in between security updates generally come free of issues with apps working properly? Is it only the big updates (like 10) that we have to worry about?

I've updated my Air2 and so far no issues that were not there before.

• edited August 2016

Do it, the security fixes never broke anything on the music side of things. It's fine, nothing bad happening here. :)

• Just updated, Alchemy still works.