Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pre Release Video Demo..MIDImorphosis by Secret Base Design..midi control for guitar or voice

Hi guys...this is a pre release demo of the new Secret Base Design app MIDImorphosis..the app is in review now so should be available very soon..the dev gave me kind permission to review this and show the video..it's gonna have a special intro price which is super cheap for an app like this..I found it great fun to play with and gave me more control than Midi Guitar which is also way more expensive..although I use a guitar for this demo you can also use your voice so if you are a fairly good singer or can at least sing in tune you can control your synths with your voice too. Hope you enjoy this...

Comments

• Yep.
    Getting that.
    Thanks Doug.

And the 'Blair witch project' intro...nice touch.:)

• I thought he'd been drinking...

• He got da shakes! Or had a seizure

• If that were the case @PaulB,I think we'd have heard Doug singing.

• OK OK OK look its new wave film making...its really hard to look at the camera and the screen atvthe same time...honest..

• I only wish you'd kept the cigarettes in Doug.

Those first few vids were classics.

Change nothing.

Uniform is dull.

• Thanks for the share Doug. I'll be looking for that one.

• Thanks for doing the demo, Doug! The app is waiting for the kind folks at Apple to take a look; assuming nothing freaks them out, it'll release on the 25th. The app is actually a complete rebuild of our Audio MIDI Connect (we're changing the name to try to be easier to find in iTunes searches). It's been rewritten from the ground up to be faster and track better, with polyphony, Audiobus, and a few other things rolled in. Here's an AMC video from a year ago, done by one of the users

AMC is currently $5. DO NOT BUY RIGHT NOW. We're going to drop the price over the weekend, when the app updates.

If you've got an app buying itch, pick up the free version of Spectral Eye. This app was a tool we built while working on MIDImorphosis, and everyone seems to love it. It might help keep you occupied until the update comes out.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spectral-eye/id546934084?mt=8

• Thanks for the heads up on that @SecretBaseDesign. Can't wait on this to drop!

• So Audio MIDI Connect will become MIDImorphosis and current AMC owners will be able to upgrade? Or is it a different app?

• Same app -- if you have Audio MIDI Connect, you'll get the new version for free (and if you bought AMC, they money helped with the development of MIDImorphosis, so thank you very much!).

• edited July 2013

@SecretBaseDesign will it support a pitch bend output option so that it can track performances exactly and allow for vibrato? If not, I urge you to put that on the list of future features, at least for mono mode, but if you can pull that off with polyphony, even better! In the latter case you'll need to use midi channel hopping for the different voices in order to pitch bend them independently.

• @sonosaurus -- the app build that's waiting for review has pitch bend tracking turned off; the development version has it, but it's not as stable as I'd like. I should have it nailed down in the next month or two.

For polyphonic, channel hopping is how I'm planning on doing it. The multiple pitch detection works best with intervals -- 4ths and 5ths that you'd normally play on guitar, and that's also the most common situation where you'd want to bend one of the two notes. (Like a disturbance in the Force, I can feel Rob Fielding thinking about the shortcomings of MIDI!).

Playing of full chords with pitch bending is a lot more sketchy; I've got some ideas I want to try, I don't have a good solution yet.

• First really cool app but can I just say that I love when "opposing" developers openly collaborate and share ideas/tips with each other and don't fear them as the competition and keep everything to themselves. Props to all of you!

@Sonosaurus @SecretBaseDesign @Rhism @dreamless ... @somanyothersicantthinkof

• +1 to the devs on this forum!

• OK...this is Doug and Jo signing off for a week..going on holiday tomorow for one week off peace from the kids..we have two teenage girls..16 and 17....so ya know right...lets hope they dont have the passwords to the forum..lol...off course the iPads and the Microkey will be coming with us and we may...although we are going to Wales and the valleys...have internet...have fun..love you all..Doug and Joanne..

• Ooh, Wales. My favourite place.

• Really regretting buying MIDI Guitar right about now.

• You don't like it?

• It's a good app, but if this does as good or better and costs less that stings a bit.

• Sounds like your life is likely to be full of regrets if that's how you feel about progress. Something better and cheaper will always come along eventually, look at recording technology now compared to the mid 70s. Regretting what you bought when it was the best option just because it gets superceded down the line is kind of pointless. As long as it did what you wanted at the time, it was a good purchase. Just be happy you now get the chance of a cheap upgrade.