Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KORG Gadget Bilbao vs Abu Dhabi - haQ VLog 104

KORG Gadget Bilbao vs Abu Dhabi? After publishing my Bilbao sample chopping tutorial, I've been asked; "why didn't you just do this using Abu Dhabi?". In this vlog I am answering that question while comparing these two KORG Gadget siblings.

KORGgadet #Bilbao #versus #AbuDhabi #haqattaq

Comments

• Any longer, when I have a sample, I open up a track of Bilbao and a track of Abu Dhabi and drop the sample in each to see how it best works in a track. Oft times, I end up with a whack sound in one or the other track to layer with the more recognizable sound in the other track.

• brilliant finish, made me laugh, thx for that

• Bilbao is definitely the most versatile of the two.
    But I like using Abu Dhabi to cut up melodies / basslines, this way I create stuff I'd never come up with playing the keyboard.

• Been interested in this topic for a while. Having bought Abu Dhabi and never used Bilbao.

• The end of the video made my day, I could almost hear a beat behind the abu dhabi bilbao, bilbao abudhabi 'rap'...

• Nice video. I've used Bilabo a lot but Abu Dabi not so much. I'm going to spend some time with it this weekend.

• Thanks for this

• I'd like to use Bilbao more often, but I find the UI control knobs very frustating to work with.
    I.e. choosing FX for a selected pad ( sample ) is a nightmare.

• @Samu said:
    The end of the video made my day, I could almost hear a beat behind the abu dhabi bilbao, bilbao abudhabi 'rap'...

I almost missed the end, but for your comment!

• @Tommygun said:
    I'd like to use Bilbao more often, but I find the UI control knobs very frustating to work with.
    I.e. choosing FX for a selected pad ( sample ) is a nightmare.

The knob movement is basically broken in the default Linear mode. It works better if you change it to Rotary in settings.
    You can also change FX by tapping on the FX type on the display to select from a list.

• @Mark B said:

The knob movement is basically broken in the default Linear mode. It works better if you change it to Rotary in settings.
    You can also change FX by tapping on the FX type on the display to select from a list.

Thanks for the info, really missed that. ;)

• Glad ya'll liked the video. I'll be hitting up Abu Dabi soon. Try to show what i find so usefull with it! :)

• Hi there, I am looking for an app that allows me to take a drum loop (wav) import it, slice in pieces and put them together in a new way which I can sequence the way I want and I can export in a newly sequenced drum loop wave file into audio share or something.

I know that Jakob did a video with Bilbao that can do this, but its inside Gadget and everything. I bought Reslice but I am unable to put the slices together in a rhythmic way with the arpeggiator (a bit disappointed, although it can pretty good slice and export the slices to audio share).
    So maybe bilbao and abudabi are the only solutions for this!? Which one is to recommend?

I would appreciate any help and insight into this. Thanks a lot!

• edited December 2017

@david_2017 said:
    Hi there, I am looking for an app that allows me to take a drum loop (wav) import it, slice in pieces and put them together in a new way which I can sequence the way I want and I can export in a newly sequenced drum loop wave file into audio share or something.

I know that Jakob did a video with Bilbao that can do this, but its inside Gadget and everything. I bought Reslice but I am unable to put the slices together in a rhythmic way with the arpeggiator (a bit disappointed, although it can pretty good slice and export the slices to audio share).
    So maybe bilbao and abudabi are the only solutions for this!? Which one is to recommend?

I would appreciate any help and insight into this. Thanks a lot!

Ok so there are multiple apps that does similar things and I'd recommend that you check out SECTOR by Kymatica if you want something really intricate that can be used as a stand alone unit. I think you'll really like this one!

There is also SAMPLR but it's getting old and it doesent look like it's going to be updated any time soon.

Also check out Glitchbreaks. It might not be what you're looking for but still an interesting app if you like doing glitchy crazy stuff with samples.

If your using Gadget then Abu Dhabi is your best bet to do rhythmical arp stuff with samples. However, Abu Dhabi has a 10 second limit on samples. And moving slice points can be somewhat of a chore. But when you have it set up it's so straight forward to actually get results.

• @jakoB_haQ said:

If your using Gadget then Abu Dhabi is your best bet to do rhythmical arp stuff with samples. However, Abu Dhabi has a 10 second limit on samples. And moving slice points can be somewhat of a chore. But when you have it set up it's so straight forward to actually get results.

@u0421793 said:
    (Quickly squirrels away a link to my WFTKnobs sector video) >:)

Hey Jakob, thanks for catching me up here. I actually have sector. The video down here was amazing. really explained it well and shows me how bad one can understand the apps you own :)

Samplr would be an instabuy, when there would be some proof of life... maybe some day? It looks awesome though.

Ok based on your recommendation I would go with Abudabi then, since I can sequence the isolated pieces in the "piano roll", right? I think 10 secs are quite a long time for a sample. At least it seems to me so.
    Thanks for your insight!