Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WaHoo! Today is my birthday! Maybe I should buy an app? Moog 15 Anyone ;)

edited September 2016 in General App Discussion

EDIT BY SEBASTIAN: That picture was a bit nsfw. More like nsfl.

Once again have gratefully returned mostly unscathed to the mothership. And now I am marking passage of the day I squeezed out of my very first tight spot, flopped out into this world gasping for my first breath of curious freedom.

This birth began an over 5-decade-long wild odyssey, stumbling intuitively toward a destiny that's cryptic meaning I've yet to fully decipher.

If the Great Spirit wills it, I hope to continue my story and wandering quest, while continuing to send out creative dispatches along the trail.

I raise my glass in celebration of my birthday, life, love, passion, art, the journey, and destiny.

Salud!

Comments

• Ewwww! can't read with that there!

• Oh and Happy Birthday!

• Happy birthday

• Happy birthday. It was mine yesterday, and I'm trying to decide on the same thing. I've got the Moog (you're in for a treat, one of the best synth apps going), so I'm fence sitting on Phonem

• edited August 2016

@MonzoPro said:
    Happy birthday. It was mine yesterday, and I'm trying to decide on the same thing. I've got the Moog (you're in for a treat, one of the best synth apps going), so I'm fence sitting on Phonem

Thanks, and happy belated to you!

I never got Mitosynth because I was waiting for a sale that never came. Now it's been updated and might be cool for the soundscape sound design soundtrackish stuff I want to do. Just read you can use your own samples as well, and it's half the money. But Moog 15 is awfully temping. Not enough credit for both sadly.

• Happy Birthday, Mine was on the 14th. Got a $15 iTunes gift card, trying to figure out how to spend. I am also thinking about Mitosynth.

• @skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Happy birthday. It was mine yesterday, and I'm trying to decide on the same thing. I've got the Moog (you're in for a treat, one of the best synth apps going), so I'm fence sitting on Phonem

I never got Mitosynth because I was waiting for a sale that never came. Now it's been updated and might be cool for the soundscape sound design soundtrackish stuff I want to do. Just read you can use your own samples as well, and it's half the money. But Moog 15 is awfully temping. Not enough credit for both sadly.

Thanks!

Ooh now that's a tricky one. My personal preference would be the Moog, but Mitosynth is a lovely thing too. I tend to use the Moog as an all-rounder 'go to' synth (superb for fat basses), but Mitosynth is better for evolving pad type stuff. Get one now and the other when you get more cash!

• Happy birthday! You won't be disappointed with the Moog.

• Gah! Where is the eye bleach!!? Happy Birthday though. I'd go with Model 15 if you like the modular patching type stuff.

• edited August 2016

You won't regret it! It's universal too so in using it on iPhone with AB AUM and inf looper! Beautiful synth a must have in my book. Got a rely nice free patch pack downloaded from the soundtestroom but I don't know if it's still available.

@gmslayton said:
    Happy Birthday, Mine was on the 14th. Got a $15 iTunes gift card, trying to figure out how to spend. I am also thinking about Mitosynth.

• Happy bday but July Leos are best ;)

• Judging from the picture, it looks like your mom could have used some Pitocin, and an epidural.

• @skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yes, if your into sound design, and synth sculpting, I highly recommend. you can modulated almost every parameters it's fantastic. one of my top 5 favorite synths

• Happy Birthday. Hate the initial pic lol

• Happy birthday lions, should save some money to get your manes trimmed, then get a synth.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Judging from the picture, it looks like your mom could have used some Pitocin, and an epidural.

I actually think she looks rather Zen.

And Skip: If I remember my AB Forums schims correctly, shouldn't the Model 15 be the last synth you buy? Or was that vacation actually a kind of Cultural Revolution re-education camp! But I joke.
    And actually I would prefer you picked up Nave and told me whether to get it.
    Happy birthday, older man.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    Judging from the picture, it looks like your mom could have used some Pitocin, and an epidural.

I actually think she looks rather Zen.

And Skip: If I remember my AB Forums schims correctly, shouldn't the Model 15 be the last synth you buy? Or was that vacation actually a kind of Cultural Revolution re-education camp! But I joke.
    And actually I would prefer you picked up Nave and told me whether to get it.
    Happy birthday, older man.

That whole Moog 15 thing was completely misunderstood. I was trying to figure out as a non-musician if $30 was a good investment. Decided it was more for those with music skills and passed. I made a little fun of the initial hysteria, then another user named Nathan made some somewhat offensive comments regarding price ping that somehow got attributed to me. Not to rehash, but I never had a problem with the pricing. Was just trying to see if the product would be useful for a user like myself.

I mention it here because I thing Moog 15 is a beautifully designed interface and I was considering it for a birthday splurge, however, the fact Mitosynth is universal and can import my own samples, has me leaning more toward it right now. :)

Also, I rather like the image too. I worked labor and delivery as a medic/corpsman in the U.S. Navy for 4 years, so I'm not so skittish about raw childbirth images. Besides, it's the most basic, natural, common experience every single one of us share as humans. Pity the images of the experience are often regarded as "dirty".

Plus, it made me laugh in conjunction with my accompanying text regarding the "first tight spot" I had wriggled myself from. ;)

• I was completely kidding and 100% on your side in the Great Model 15 Schism of '16. Maybe it wasn't amusing for you!
    And ... are there many babies delivered in the Navy?

• Happy birthday old boy, it's actually my birthday too, but I'm so much younger than you that it's affects me much less. Anyway have fun with the Moog, I got offered a coffee grinder (makes a great noise actually, and fully analog because it's manual, and probably way older than both of us)
    Best wishes

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I was completely kidding and 100% on your side in the Great Model 15 Schism of '16. Maybe it wasn't amusing for you!

I know. Just wanted to take the opportunity to try and clarify. ;) And yes, there are women in the Navy who sometimes get pregnant. And, there are wives and daughters of active duty military. So yes, babies get delivered in the Navy. :)

• edited August 2016

@mtyas said:
    Happy birthday old boy, it's actually my birthday too, but I'm so much younger than you that it's affects me much less. Anyway have fun with the Moog, I got offered a coffee grinder (makes a great noise actually, and fully analog because it's manual, and probably way older than both of us)
    Best wishes

Splendid! Happy Birthday!!! Doesn't it suck having a birthday during the workweek?

Can't decide on the Moog. Might use my credit on Mitosynth, and just grab that current iTunes $100 for $85 deal with my own money.

• My coffee grinder is a Hario MSS-1B (was using it just a while ago, drinking the result now).

• Happy birthdays all :)

@skiphunt
    Model 15 is a thing of beauty, I fire it up and look at it a lot, oh, and it makes some great sounds too, and the control options are great, normal keys, ribbon, animoog keys, I don't own mitosynth so can't comment on that.

• Model 15 is universal too...

• Happy birthday, yesterday @skiphunt -- based loosely on my limited observations of what you do, I think if you want to have lots of fun and just that, then get model 15. If you want to make use of sounds from a new app, maybe Mito is the better choice for you? But I have a feeling you will enjoy either one.

• edited August 2016

@ExAsperis99 said:

Unfortunately, many Navy babies turn out to be Sub-human.

• @amarok said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Unfortunately, many Navy babies turn out to be Sub-human.

Good one. He's here all week folks, be sure to tip your waiters and bartenders. ;)

• @TozBourne said:
    Happy birthday, yesterday @skiphunt -- based loosely on my limited observations of what you do, I think if you want to have lots of fun and just that, then get model 15. If you want to make use of sounds from a new app, maybe Mito is the better choice for you? But I have a feeling you will enjoy either one.

I think I'll likely get more use out of Mitosynth. Moog 15 would just be a pleasure splurge I think. Most likely will get both, but maybe Mitosynth first since it'll also work with my current iPhone5. Moog needs at least a 5s and I bets that's pushin it.

Will get a new phone in the next few months but waiting to see what the 7 turns out to be. Likely just get an SE though.

• @skiphunt said:

Once again have gratefully returned mostly unscathed to the mothership. And now I am marking passage of the day I squeezed out of my very first tight spot, flopped out into this world gasping for my first breath of curious freedom.

This birth began an over 5-decade-long wild odyssey, stumbling intuitively toward a destiny that's cryptic meaning I've yet to fully decipher.

If the Great Spirit wills it, I hope to continue my story and wandering quest, while continuing to send out creative dispatches along the trail.

I raise my glass in celebration of my birthday, life, love, passion, art, the journey, and destiny.

Salud!

Have a great day Sir!
    That first spot was definitely a tight one... !!!
    :smiley: