Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video..PPG Phonem, The BIG Soundtest, Demo for the iPad

Hello everybody, here is a BIG soundtest demo for Mr Palms epic Phonem, I do love vocal synthesis so this is perfect for me, and luckily it comes with loads of very cool presets to play with, because I imagine programming this would be a touch on the had side.

Comments

• Also if anyone here is a Patron to thesoundtestroom on Patreon as promised I have posted my very first Patreon Exclusive, it covers a load more sound demos for Phonem and a quick listen to The Delic Cafe project in Cubasis
    https://www.patreon.com/thesoundtestroom

• I'm really intrested in this synth. can you import your own wave files to use the wavetable?

• Makes lovely sounds and to be honest can be dabbled with programming without much work. No need to understand everything, just getting to grips with a few areas gets lots of results.

• Some very cool sounds!

• @eross said:
    I'm really intrested in this synth. can you import your own wave files to use the wavetable?

You create a wavetable with up to 64 waves in the app itself, either by manipulating some basic waves or imported Wavetables. You can import from the other PPG apps.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@eross said:
    I'm really intrested in this synth. can you import your own wave files to use the wavetable?

You create a wavetable with up to 64 waves in the app itself, either by manipulating some basic waves or imported Wavetables. You can import from the other PPG apps.

so do they have to come from a ppg app, or can you import from audioshare or audiocopy, any .wav file?

• Lovely sounds,nut still trying to make it sing.

• @eross said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@eross said:

so do they have to come from a ppg app, or can you import from audioshare or audiocopy, any .wav file?

No you can't just load wav files that I can see in Phonem. You will need to create Wavetables with other software and import them. WaveGenerator has quite a lot of ability to create interesting Wavetables, much more than Phonem.

There is PC software available for making generating Wavetables from wav files, but there is already so much you could do in the PPG apps first before you need to go to that trouble.

• This is the video I've been waiting for. I'm guessing I'll be buying this by the end...

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@eross said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@eross said:

No you can't just load wav files that I can see in Phonem. You will need to create Wavetables with other software and import them. WaveGenerator has quite a lot of ability to create interesting Wavetables, much more than Phonem.

There is PC software available for making generating Wavetables from wav files, but there is already so much you could do in the PPG apps first before you need to go to that trouble.

awesome. thanks

• @eross said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@eross said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@eross said:

awesome. thanks

Actually saying that Phonem has enough scope for manipulation to be getting on with, unless you are a crazy wavetable addict lol

• I've yet to get Phonem but I suppose it's possible to use it for other stuff that 'Speech' considering it's got support for wave-tables/samples too. So technically it should be possible to use 'drum samples' and create beats and other rythmical stuff. Mitosynth is keeping me busy right now :)

• @Samu said:
    I've yet to get Phonem but I suppose it's possible to use it for other stuff that 'Speech' considering it's got support for wave-tables/samples too. So technically it should be possible to use 'drum samples' and create beats and other rythmical stuff. Mitosynth is keeping me busy right now :)

Just listening to Doug's vid, but it seems pretty good as a synth too - very unique and full sounding - great for pads.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:
    I've yet to get Phonem but I suppose it's possible to use it for other stuff that 'Speech' considering it's got support for wave-tables/samples too. So technically it should be possible to use 'drum samples' and create beats and other rythmical stuff. Mitosynth is keeping me busy right now :)

Just listening to Doug's vid, but it seems pretty good as a synth too - very unique and full sounding - great for pads.

It's a great synth. I copied the preset list and deleted all the speech ones from it day one. FX! Pads! Leads! O whatever you want, it does so much and is such fun playing with the envelopes and Wavetables and excitation and.....well you get the point

• edited August 2016

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

You're costing me money here..... :wink:

• @MonzoPro said:

It does sound good and being an AU-X the 'temptation' of getting Phonem is there.
    We have so many new apps to look forward to so I'll hold off for a while...

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

It does sound good and being an AU-X the 'temptation' of getting Phonem is there.

oooo what apps do we have to look forward to?
    I have $25 iTunes credit, and am debating on Phonem, but if there are others coming I might save my money for those?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

You're costing me money here..... :wink:

I've got forty quid's worth of birthday iStore vouchers burning a hole in me wallet...this one's a goer for sure...

I've spent the last few days setting up a 'proper' rig for the iPad/laptop/MS20/guitar through a mixer so I can take the whole thing out and play live with a new band I'm in. As a result I've been straying onto the Native Instruments website and other OSX/Logic type plugins. Makes your eyes water that site.

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Which apps? I'm very tempted by this one as it sounds unique, and doesn't replicate anything else I have, but if there's better stuff on the horizon...

• @eross said:

I have $25 iTunes credit, and am debating on Phonem, but if there are others coming I might save my money for those?

Beatmaker 3 for sure as they promised an annoucement before the end of August.
    I'm also saving some in case Cubasis 2.0 brings new IAPs and I have a 'backlog' of apps to get too...

And we never know when Korg will surprise us with new Gadgets or Apps :D
    My iTunes Credit balance is ~$85 at the moment...

• @Samu said:

Surprised they haven't iOS'd the Mono/Poly yet, as it's already been ported over as a plug-in.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

Surprised they haven't iOS'd the Mono/Poly yet, as it's already been ported over as a plug-in.

Considering how nice the iOS version of iM1 is compared to the desktop version I can only image what they could do with Wavestation and Mono/Poly.

To kick it up a notch Korg could release 'iHD-1'(Kronos HD-1 Engine) which would technically merge iM1 & Wavestation and also allow sampling and usage of user-samples in wave-sequences and so on... :)

• @Samu said:

@eross said:

I'm also saving some in case Cubasis 2.0 brings new IAPs and I have a 'backlog' of apps to get too...

Beatmaker 3 , sweet! I haven't heard any news on that for while. I gotta feeling that may be a game changer.

• I'm looking forward BM3

• BeatHawk and Fruityloops Mobile are also due for a 'free' update in near future...
    I have to say that I'm really looking forward to Cubasis 2.0!

• I hope FL gets a bit closer to the desktop version and I hope it drops soon

• @eross said:

@Samu said:

@eross said:

Beatmaker 3 , sweet! I haven't heard any news on that for while. I gotta feeling that may be a game changer.

They promised to announce information on BM3 by Aug.31. They didn't say that they were releasing BM3 by the end of August. For all we know they could announce that BM3 will be released by the end of the year.

From their social media page: "INTUA BeatMaker We're officially releasing some information about BM3 the 31st of August."

While the wait for BM3 has been long, at least Intua has kept BM2 current with regular updates and fixes.