Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Timelapse Video

First attempt at a time-lapse video. Recorded it with my iPhone using an app called ProCam. Music done in Samplr.

Comments

• How long was actual filming?

Why did you include the cars? :pensive:

• That was very cool, timelapse just looks great

• @RustiK I included the cars because that was just the angle of the shot and this was my first experiment. I plan on doing a few more tests. The filming was about 30 minutes or so. I was recording at 1080p @ 24 fps and the shot interval was 1 second.

@thesoundtestroom Thanks Doug. I got the app free a few days ago but it would be worth the $4.99 price tag now. I am a bit of a appshopper nut. I buy a lot of free apps even if I never use them because you never know.
    http://appshopper.com/photography/procam-2

• I love this, especially the reverse at the end with fade.

Clouds are a bit of magic that we get to experience every day.

• @Hmtx Thanks. The end reverse was a happy accident, not planned. I had recorded to much audio so instead of trimming the audio down, I just copied the clip and reversed it at 2x speed I think.

• It's very nice. (Although I'd say lose the cars in the foreground next time :)).

If you can get some people or traffic in the foreground moving at different speeds / occasionally stopping for a minute, etc you can get something really interesting to watch.

• Nice one!

Hope you don't mind me thread-jacking a bit but does anyone know of a time lapse app that will put the phone to sleep in between shots? Went camping this weekend and used the built-in photos app to capture a time-lapse of the lake. Was hoping to get a full 24 hours but the phone died after 3-5 hours because the photos app remains open/on.

• @syrupcore said:
    Nice one!

Hope you don't mind me thread-jacking a bit but does anyone know of a time lapse app that will put the phone to sleep in between shots? Went camping this weekend and used the built-in photos app to capture a time-lapse of the lake. Was hoping to get a full 24 hours but the phone died after 3-5 hours because the photos app remains open/on.

Would like to know an answer to this one....

• @syrupcore @JohnnyGoodyear So I havent tested it but the app I used is ProCam. In the settings it allows you to turn the screen brightness down during the time-lapse. Also, my phone was almost dead but I was using an external battery charger to keep it charged and it seemed to at least keep it charged, so that might be an option as well.

I might check the weather and on a clear night, I might try an over night shoot with the external battery to see if it works.

• @gmslayton said:
    @syrupcore @JohnnyGoodyear So I havent tested it but the app I used is ProCam. In the settings it allows you to turn the screen brightness down during the time-lapse. Also, my phone was almost dead but I was using an external battery charger to keep it charged and it seemed to at least keep it charged, so that might be an option as well.

I might check the weather and on a clear night, I might try an over night shoot with the external battery to see if it works.

Would like to hear/see how you get on....

• edited August 2016

Is the app called procam slow? I see a lot of apps called procam....something or other.
    can you give the exact name of the app?
    Any other suggestions for best timelapse app?
    Edit: oh I see the regular iPhone camera app has time lapse now. Does it not work well?

• @gmslayton said:
    @syrupcore @JohnnyGoodyear So I havent tested it but the app I used is ProCam. In the settings it allows you to turn the screen brightness down during the time-lapse. Also, my phone was almost dead but I was using an external battery charger to keep it charged and it seemed to at least keep it charged, so that might be an option as well.

Cheers. I used an external battery as well actually but it still chewed through it. I'll give ProCam a shot next time.

• ProCam 3 - Manual Camera and Photo / Video Editor by Samer Azzam
    https://appsto.re/us/zLCJR.i

• edited August 2016

@gmslayton said:
    ProCam 3 - Manual Camera and Photo / Video Editor by Samer Azzam
    https://appsto.re/us/zLCJR.i

+1. If you like to shoot manually (focus, shutter speed, ISO, white balance...), it's a great app. I've use it for stills pretty regularly for the last year or so. You can add ProCam photo and video icons to notification center (that thing you pull down from the top of the iOS screen) so it's as fast as using the native app. Even on first load, pretty much instant. Dunno why I didn't think to try it for time lapse.

• I use a Sony AS15 action cam for time lapse (which it calls “interval”, and annoyingly produces a whole pile of single frames which later need assembling). It can shoot until the battery dies, which is not all that long, a few hours. It appears to be off, but you can hear the fake shutter sound every interval if you pass by it (if you can’t, it has finished). I also have a small clockwork egg timer, upon which I stick the action cam with blu-tack, and this can give a very slow rotational sweep to the end result (very worth trying).

(Go straight to 4:14, ignore the preceding)

• @u0421793 how slow (long?) is your egg timer? I've always wanted to try that. They make dedicated devices for it now that some apps can interface with directly but that feels like cheating. And money.

• @gmslayton said:
    @RustiK I included the cars because that was just the angle of the shot and this was my first experiment. I plan on doing a few more tests. The filming was about 30 minutes or so. I was recording at 1080p @ 24 fps and the shot interval was 1 second.

@thesoundtestroom Thanks Doug. I got the app free a few days ago but it would be worth the $4.99 price tag now. I am a bit of a appshopper nut. I buy a lot of free apps even if I never use them because you never know.
    http://appshopper.com/photography/procam-2

I was just playing, I figured that was what was up

• edited August 2016

ProCam definitely has an option to turn off the screen for timelapses.

I tried it today. Works great.

And also found out its a bad idea to leave the phone on the dashboard of the car on a sunny afternoon. iOS forced a shutdown it got so hot :o

• @Htmx I did the exact same thing the day I got the App. I thought my phone was going to melt. I wonder if we could rig up some sort of box and flex pipe to route the AC to keep the phone cool?

• @gmslayton said:
    I did the exact same thing the day I got the App.

Haha, I mean, it's logical... Why would I leave a $600 device out in the grass when I can securely lock it in my car ... And cook it. Seriously, too hot to even touch. :bawling: :cold_sweat: