Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad for iOS // v3.0 - Now in Full Colour

Hey Chaps,
New version of Launchpad for iOS - Version 3.0 available today.
You can find out more here: http://blocs.cc/launchpad

Comments

• edited August 2016

A couple of new videos available also:

New Colour features

Performance with Launchpad Pro

• We'll have to say, having the colours does make it easier to see for myself :)

• @Launchpadforios

Completely off topic, but I have an idea for synth app that uses your sample packs as Osc sources similar to Wavetables. Crazy idea time lol

• edited August 2016

This really does make performance easier with the app and controller, much easier to know what is going on in a performance.

Cheers guys :)

Now, stop trying to tempt me with the Launchpad pro vids :p hehe

• @AndyPlankton said:
    This really does make performance easier with the app and controller, much easier to know what is going on in a performance.

Cheers guys :)

Now, stop trying to tempt me with the Launchpad pro vids :p hehe

And you could have a matching Power Plug on the new XXXL :p

• edited August 2016

Thanks...J'abandonne, on ne parle vraiment pas la même langue c'est clair...

• @Launchpadforios - just updated the app; and I like the colors, should be a big help for my old eyes.

• Great, for live performers. Not much, for those of us who have been asking and asking and asking for _ages _that you;

Arrange for the sharing of samples packs between Launchpad and Blocs Wave
    Add the ability to change key per individual bank in Blocs Wave.
    Reverse samples.

Are any of these things even on the road map?

• @Launchpadforios too bad I am color blind and can't enjoy the new update. hehe Actually they are distinct enough that I can tell them apart. Thanks for the update.

• So... The FX are IAP. I don't know if I purchased them or not? When I bring them up, they are there for me to use. Stutter, phaser...and so on. I go to the store and the price for each is there as well to purchase.

If they show up and are there for me to use, I have them? Am I missing something?

@gmslayton I am also color blind. :) But, I can tell the different colors. Just today at work, I was told that we are getting new "green" capped cleaning wipes. I said, we already have green capped ones. I was informed that in fact they are gray,, and always have been. lol......

• edited August 2016

@High5denied said:
    If they show up and are there for me to use, I have them? Am I missing something?

You can use the FX in a limited manner without paying anything. If you want the full functionality you have to pay the IAP.

• @High5denied said:
    So... The FX are IAP. I don't know if I purchased them or not? When I bring them up, they are there for me to use. Stutter, phaser...and so on. I go to the store and the price for each is there as well to purchase.

FX are included with the base app, if you purchase them you get the added ability to select which tracks get the FX applied as opposed to all tracks, and also have the ability to tweak the FX parameters.
    There is also a flanger FX which is only via IAP I believe.

• got it thanks!

• @Nkersov said:
    Great, for live performers. Not much, for those of us who have been asking and asking and asking for _ages _that you;

Reverse samples.

Don't forget...

Separate audio outs per track.

:-)

• @ecamburn said:

@Nkersov said:
    Great, for live performers. Not much, for those of us who have been asking and asking and asking for _ages _that you;

Reverse samples.

Don't forget...

Separate audio outs per track.

:-)

I'd add sample import for the iphone version, and (if possible) having a way to control the app using the launchkey/launchpad hardware controllers without having to have the app open in the foreground first. Having to switch to/foreground the app on the ipad to launch clips kinda limits the usefulness of having clip launchers on the midi controller IMO. A workaround if this is an unavoidable IOS problem would be to add audiobus remote triggers... anyhow, thanks for the update (especially Link in the last version)!

• @Launchpadforios

If loading from scratch, is there any way to reload your fx purchases without loading the packs bought? I know you can delete the packs afterwards, but at nearly 4gb of samples, it takes an age to download and delete all packs when I just want the app with the fx (until packs can have individual samples deleted)?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Launchpadforios

If loading from scratch, is there any way to reload your fx purchases without loading the packs bought? I know you can delete the packs afterwards, but at nearly 4gb of samples, it takes an age to download and delete all packs when I just want the app with the fx (until packs can have individual samples deleted)?

Ok I've downloaded it all. Then deleted all the packs with vocals samples. Then deleted all the projects to make my own. Great down to 1.4gb.

Then all of a sudden, the app starts downloading all the packs again ARRRRRRRRGH!

It keeps doing it when I've deleted them.

App deleted for now!

• Apologies for winging here. Just one of those moments lol

Good continued work on the apps @Launchpadforios

• edited August 2016

Judging by what has gone before, I believe that both Blocs Wave and Launchpad will continue to improve in positive ways. The new paint job is already more useful than I'd first thought, and the other little refinements help too.

• edited August 2016

• edited August 2016

Look weird on the iPad Pro 12.9, all the interface just zoomed and blown up to fit the screen, I know it's was the same with the version before this one but now I noticed more for some reason, looks low quality comparing with the iPad Pro 9.7

• Crashy update.

• So would it be possible to delete the factory loops, import my own stems and trigger them in synch to my hardware with this app? In effect replacing ableton live?

• no, ableton has panning.

• edited August 2016

@jbvdb said:
    So would it be possible to delete the factory loops, import my own stems and trigger them in synch to my hardware with this app? In effect replacing ableton live?

Not really an ableton replacement as ableton is capable of so much more, this app does not have MIDI loops for instance.

BUT

You can use it to trigger your own audio loops, you could sync to hardware, however if you want your hardware to be the master clock then you would need to use MIDI Link Sync to turn your hardware clock into Link, if you are happy to let Launchpad be the clock then the MIDI Clock Sync Output IAP will be needed.

You currently cannot delete the factory supplied loops, but with the Audio Import IAP you can import your own loops (in iPad at least)

As @Kobomoto says there is no panning within the app, meaning you would have to have your samples 'pre-panned' before importing.

I am very happily using this app alongside Novation Circuit and Blocs Wave.

• edited August 2016

@AndyPlankton said:

@jbvdb said:
    So would it be possible to delete the factory loops, import my own stems and trigger them in synch to my hardware with this app? In effect replacing ableton live?

Not really an ableton replacement as ableton is capable of so much more, this app does not have MIDI loops for instance.

BUT

You can use it to trigger your own audio loops, you could sync to hardware, however if you want your hardware to be the master clock then you would need to use MIDI Link Sync to turn your hardware clock into Link, if you are happy to let Launchpad be the clock then the MIDI Clock Sync Output IAP will be needed.

You currently cannot delete the factory supplied loops, but with the Audio Import IAP you can import your own loops (in iPad at least)

As @Kobomoto says there is no panning within the app, meaning you would have to have your samples 'pre-panned' before importing.

Cool thanks
    Obviously it wouldn't fully replace a daw but as a substitute for playing stems or loops live into my octatrack it would seem cool I think.
    All the videos show the launchpad pro connected by usb, but I use a interface on my iPad, can you still launch the clips via midi?

• edited August 2016

@jbvdb said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@jbvdb said:

BUT

Cool thanks
    Obviously it wouldn't fully replace a daw but as a substitute for playing stems or loops live into my octatrack it would seem cool I think.

Yes it would do that fine, just remember audio import is only available on iPad and not on iPhone.

EDIT: Just noticed your question re MIDI - I think currently it will only work with a Launch controller. I use both LP MKII and LaunchControl XL with it, but both connected via USB and USB hub, I also have other controllers connected but they do not control the app, you do need a decent quality hub though. I use a Belkin HUB with no troubles.

• I don't have either Launchpad or Blocs , but from videos I've seen ...

would it not be better to have Blocs functionality within Launchpad ?

so each Launchpad "clip" was a Bloc . So launchpad grid was overview performance , but each clip could be edited/played like a bloc .

• @Wally said:
    I don't have either Launchpad or Blocs , but from videos I've seen ...

so each Launchpad "clip" was a Bloc . So launchpad grid was overview performance , but each clip could be edited/played like a bloc .

I believe the two apps are based on the same audio engine, but that engine is optimised differently for the two apps to get the best performance from each, this would not be possible if they were a single app.
    You can run both apps together if you wish, and moving loops between the two is relatively simple.

• edited August 2016

@Wally said:

Great idea. I'm sure Novation will be watching, and if possible incorporating some aspect of this into the maybe pile.