Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Huge pricedrops of Final Touch and Bias Amp - Any Good?

edited August 2016 in General App Discussion

Today huge pricedrops of apps by Positive Grid. Final Touch is $2.99 and Bias Amp $ 4.99. Can anybody tell if these are worth a purchase?

Comments

• Bias amp is for building your own amps for bias fx. If you want to do that, its worth it. And if you need some straight forward mastering tool on ipad, final touch is worth it.

• Final Touch at that price is a steal!

• Bias Amp is worth it for the Bass Amp Sim alone its the only Amp sim that provides a bass amp with the core package that I'm aware of.

• Final Touch was a good introduction for me as to what's involved in mastering. It's a great tool on the way to a final mix, with a spectrum analyser, pre- and post-EQ, good compressor, ok reverb, and stereo imaging.

Definitely well worth US$2.99 (AU$4.49)!!!!

• Damn, I think I paid 20.00 for Final Touch. O well. I know Positive Grid are working on another Mastering type app. They mentioned it a while back, but that was it. So...I am wondering if it will be like JamUp is to Bias FX. JamUp is still a great app, sounds great. But........Bias FX is even more better IMO. :)

So, Final Touch will soon give way to ..................... Final FX: Mastering app. maybe????? Who knows........

• @hacked_to_pieces said:
    Bias Amp is worth it for the Bass Amp Sim alone its the only Amp sim that provides a bass amp with the core package that I'm aware of.

Interesting - I've somehow never used it for bass. Will have to try that out.

I've had BIAS for iPad for nearly 3 years. Recommended more if you have one of the newer iPads. I had an iPad2 and I never felt like it was happy on there. Also crashed a lot, and Positive Grid is juggling so many different apps now, it has to be challenge for them to adapt to changes in iOS and just keeping everything working.

I've heard pretty good things about Final Touch. I opted for Audio Mastering when it went on sale and have been happy enough with that.

• Final touch is an abandoned app. Crashes almost instantly in Cubasis. Smh I should've bought Audio Mastering by iMusicAlbum
    https://appsto.re/us/v3xlM.i instead

• They should turn Final Touch into an Auria plugin.

• @johnn said:
    Final touch is an abandoned app. Crashes almost instantly in Cubasis. Smh I should've bought Audio Mastering by iMusicAlbum

I use it, works well for me never had it crash. But.......How do you use it "in" cubasis? as an IAA? I guess I've never done that. I usually just port it into FT with audioshare or copy paste or with Auria other options.

I think Positive Grid is working on another Mastering app ATM. So, wouldn't surprise me if they didn't develop this anymore/ I hope they still update it though.

• @High5denied said:

@johnn said:
    Final touch is an abandoned app. Crashes almost instantly in Cubasis. Smh I should've bought Audio Mastering by iMusicAlbum

I use it, works well for me never had it crash. But.......How do you use it "in" cubasis? as an IAA? I guess I've never done that. I usually just port it into FT with audioshare or copy paste or with Auria other options.

I think Positive Grid is working on another Mastering app ATM. So, wouldn't surprise me if they didn't develop this anymore/ I hope they still update it though.

Yea, I tried to use it as an IAA. I believe that may be the problem. It's been awhile since they last updated it, they dropped the price to $3 I think.

• @u0421793 said:
    They should turn Final Touch into an Auria plugin.

Yea.. a free one

• Both apps are absolutetly worth it.

• @johnn said:

@u0421793 said:
    They should turn Final Touch into an Auria plugin.

Yea.. a free one

Wait...But that would utterly destroy FABFILTERS! ppl would change religions! It would cause pandemonium!

@AlexB said:
    Both apps are absolutetly worth it.

Yes I agree. It'd be nice if final touch worked as an IAA.

• Bias Amp is a fun app, if you like to muck around with amp bits for sounds. I have both Amp and FX, and I find FX much more useful, but FX does not work on the iPhone. Final Touch is a very good app, but I use Auria and the plugins there for mastering; I bought it on sale, just because.