Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vocal Harmony apps and TC-Helicon

I'm curious why TC-Helicon haven't released an app that will add harmony to your voice. They are the leader in this technology with their hardware but so far have not delivered with software apps. They have a number of voice apps that will double, add effects, loop etc but none of them add harmony. Perhaps they are worried about sales of their hardware? I've tried the Harmony Voice app (not from TC-Helicon) and while it is promising it is impossible to control and has a very confusing interface (why don't they just have sliders to control the amount of harmony?). C'mon TC get your act together before someone else grabs this market.

Comments

• Don't the hardware versions need a guitar signal in order to determine the chords being payed? I think the problem with auto harmony is knowing the key the song is in, which might be why they haven't done it yet.

• They accept midi input to determine the correct notes. Even the Harmony Voice app does this - but not very well. TC-Helicon does seem to be concentrating their efforts on guitar input for their latest hardware products where it "listens" for the notes rather than rely on midi input.

• I guess that the digital harmony thing still makes more sense in a live setting, which is why the pedals exist. The sound quality is still a bit iffy for actual recordings - all of the existing harmony apps all sound a bit rubbish.