Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 10

Anyone using IOS10 beta yet ??
iam thinking about going for it, but anyone know if anything is completly broken right now ?

Comments

• I'm using it and it works fine for me. However I've not tested it with AB, as I'm mainly using Gadget.

• I'll wait for the 'non-beta' release of iOS10...
    As long as Gadget and Cubasis works I'll be fine :)

• I'm using it to test Audiobus 3 with it. So far it's absolutely fine.

• Works like a charm..

• Is iOS 10 bringing much to the table for music making?

• Does anyone know if Alchemy still works under iOS 10? Thanks in advance!

• edited August 2016

Using iOS10 beta on iPhone and iPad ...it's pretty stable

• The big iOS updates are sort of boring and uninteresting, but I don't know what I would prefer instead, like built-in ELIZA psychotherapy, a bubbly emoticonned psychologist telling me everything is ok and death wont be so bad, etc etc.

• Yesterday I installed the iOS 10 beta 6 on my spare iPad (Air2)...

Everything seems to be OK if we talking about music apps, stable and pretty solid...

But, yeah, there's a but, I thinks iOS 10 sucks if we talk about the GUI of iOS...
    Apple, there's almost ten years since version 1.0 and we still scroll thru boring pages with icons...

Apple earning 100s of billions the last couple of years, but, the OS department seems to be an small bunch of people that just fix a few bugs here and there (I probably is unfair here, but...).

We are a lot of customer who paid thousands of dollars every year to get the new iPad (last year 1500$ for iPad Pro 12.9"), but our iPads GUI are threaten as small iPhone screens...

But, I also in love with the whole iOS community, especially the music part of iOS - without competition!

Apple, bring us an OS that is up to date with the technology iPads holds...

• Does it still use a display screen and a touch digitizer?

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Yesterday I installed the iOS 10 beta 6 on my spare iPad (Air2)...

Everything seems to be OK if we talking about music apps, stable and pretty solid...

But, yeah, there's a but, I thinks iOS 10 sucks if we talk about the GUI of iOS...
    Apple, there's almost ten years since version 1.0 and we still scroll thru boring pages with icons...

Apple earning 100s of billions the last couple of years, but, the OS department seems to be an small bunch of people that just fix a few bugs here and there (I probably is unfair here, but...).

We are a lot of customer who paid thousands of dollars every year to get the new iPad (last year 1500$ for iPad Pro 12.9"), but our iPads GUI are threaten as small iPhone screens...

But, I also in love with the whole iOS community, especially the music part of iOS - without competition!

I would hate to see them spend any resources making the OS more like others. iOS works well for myself because it is simple and does not use iPad resources to keep extras running in the background. Widgets for this, menus for that. Please no. I personally would like the OS stripped down even further. I don't want news apps built in. I don't want talking searches. I just want the OS to have a small footprint, use little resources and be rock solid.

• Sometimes I think that OS developers make changes to keep themselves in a job rather than actually making things better...

• @PhilW said:
    Sometimes I think that OS developers make changes to keep themselves in a job rather than actually making things better...

Agree. I understand that features sell, but they also often make more problems than they are worth.

• that's why they do it - keeps the business going
    Apple already had a small footprint OS decades ago (and in fact you find a surprising amount of classic Mac heritage 'between the lines' in IOS)
    They changed this for a reason: customers stop buying when it works as intended
    (Apple's most painful financial experience from the 90s)
    They won't ever make that mistake again
    IOS only leaves us customers relatively unannoyed because Apple earns a sh*tload of cash from crap in the shop - they really don't make much from 'serious' production stuff...

• @PhilW said:
    Sometimes I think that OS developers make changes to keep themselves in a job rather than actually making things better...

>

Windows 10 is the proof. I wouldn't touch that with someone else's barge pole.

Not too sure about IOS 10, either, having no use for Siri, Apple News or Apple Music. What is there for me? Probably not much. Like those money grabbing sods at Amazon, Apple seem entirely focussed on squeezing every last cent from every customer, as opposed to focusing on innovation, development and fixing stuff that doesn't work. Al things which, done well, would sell themselves.

• Yep that's the truth, but I can still dream of iOS not trying to compete with the nightmare that is Android. That's why even though the constant bug fix releases annoy, I'm more than happy that iOS is what it is.

• When a version of iOS, has profiles that store various states of your settings, with extra settings like switch of fade animations etc, without a need to resort to hacks, that'll be a day to celebrate, until then wow :* iOS X.

• With regard to bugs, there's only one I've come across on iOS 10 beta -- Auria has lost its list of IAA apps, so you can't select any as generators or effects. Rim has been made aware of it on the Auria forum. All other IAA hosts I've tried have worked fine.

• And Auria Works Not with audiobus with ios 10

• iOS10 beta works well for me so far.

• edited August 2016

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

I would hate to see them spend any resources making the OS more like others. iOS works well for myself because it is simple and does not use iPad resources to keep extras running in the background. Widgets for this, menus for that. Please no. I personally would like the OS stripped down even further. I don't want news apps built in. I don't want talking searches. I just want the OS to have a small footprint, use little resources and be rock solid.

What I really mean is this:

I don't want my iPad act like my iPhone. Apple say that iPad Pro is an notebook replacer, but, it make me feel that I still have an magnified version of iPhone anno 2011...

An example is the preview of apps running when I doubletap on homebutton. Why scroll thru giant big screenshoots of apps on my 12.9" screen instead of let say eight screenshoots/previews in an grid?

Why haven't we still an alternative appchanger beside the fourfinger gesture? As an musicapp lover I don't wanna have this current method enable cause it interfere with any kind of music apps...
    Now I use Audiobus every time to act like an appswitcher... but, Audiobus demand an GUI to touch on, I wanna have some other invention from Apple to fast scroll/switch app...

Why is it so fuckin' fiddly still to arrange the folders and app icons 2016? Why can't we just longtap on an app and a menu popup that let us choose a "Move to folder..."?

There's a lot to adjust to the OS on our iPad, msny must agree to this?
    What they do with iPhones OS is another question, I only want our iPad to become more powerful...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

What I really mean is this:

I don't want my iPad act like my iPhone. Apple say that iPad Pro is an notebook replacer, but, it make me feel that I still have an magnified version of iPhone anno 2011...

An example is the preview of apps running when I doubletap on homebutton. Why scroll thru giant big screenshoots of apps on my 12.9" screen instead of let say eight screenshoots/previews in an grid?

Why haven't we still an alternative appchanger beside the fourfinger gesture? As an musicapp lover I don't wanna have this current method enable cause it interfere with an kind of mudic apps...
    Now I use Audiobus every time to act like an appswitcher... but, Audiobus demand an GUI to touch on, I wanna have some other invention from Apple to fast scroll/switch app...

Why is it so fuckin' fiddly still to arrange the folders and app icons 2016? Why can't we just longtap on an app and a menu popup the let us choose a "Move to folder..."?

There's a lot to adjust to the OS on our iPad, msny must agree to this?
    What they do with iPhones OS is another question, I only want our iPad to become more powerful...

Agree with this.

• @Nkersov said:

Windows 10 is the proof. I wouldn't touch that with someone else's barge pole.

Not too sure about IOS 10, either, having no use for Siri, Apple News or Apple Music. What is there for me? Probably not much. Like those money grabbing sods at Amazon, Apple seem entirely focussed on squeezing every last cent from every customer, as opposed to focusing on innovation, development and fixing stuff that doesn't work. Al things which, done well, would sell themselves.

I still don't get why people even consider something like Win10 on their devices...
    and I really regret that your last sentence is as wrong as can be.
    Stuff doesn't sell on quality anymore, but (unfortunately) just on hype and image

• I don't mind iOS 10 as much as I thought I would. But I haven't found it much of an improvement either - at least not on my current devices. Who knows, perhaps the new generation of iDevices will get more out of it?

But I rather see them stick with the current iOS design/paradigm and streamline it. I don't want new features, just a more optimised experience of what's there (or possibly even fewer features). Pages and folders with icons work fine for me. It's a mobile platform, not a desktop OS and I hope they will stick to this distinction.

• @brambos said:
    But I rather see them stick with the current iOS design/paradigm and streamline it. I don't want new features, just a more optimised experience of what's there (or possibly even fewer features). Pages and folders with icons work fine for me. It's a mobile platform, not a desktop OS and I hope they will stick to this distinction.

+1 billion

• @brambos said:
    I don't mind iOS 10 as much as I thought I would. But I haven't found it much of an improvement either - at least not on my current devices. Who knows, perhaps the new generation of iDevices will get more out of it?

agreed, but what will they talk about at their next keynote?

• @supadom said:
    agreed, but what will they talk about at their next keynote?

How they will turn iOS into the next big music creation platform with lots of developer support and a dedicated corner in the appstore for us.

• Hate those kind of guys with the right answer to any question... :D

• Aren't we probably only about 2 to 3 weeks away from iOS 10 being released? At this point I think I'm just going to wait but it's encouraging to hear that it's already working so well with the music stuff.

I also don't mind the simplistic nature of iOS. There is a lot of functionality "under the hood" although you wouldn't know it by looking at it because it looks rather plain and boring. I think Apple sees the home screens, and their devices in general, as nothing more than app launchpads. The apps themselves can pretty much be anything people want them to be. So instead of having home screens with all sorts of widgets, search bars, scoreboards, and whatnot you just have apps that can launch into sophisticated versions of all of those types of things and more.

Of course they now have a pretty sophisticated widget system themselves where the Spotlight screen used to be but it's not front and center. Apples approach is obviously not the approach for everybody but clearly it works for some people.

• I subscribe to Apple Music, and the improvement in the App is so much better...I'm listening to more new music as a result