Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So, i just got cyclop and effectrix on computer and..

edited August 2016 in General App Discussion

wow. If you are after some dirty bass synth that can go completely crazy if you want to, cyclop is it. Effectrix is also really nice fx that can go where, well somewhere that no one even knows. If someone doesent know what it is, its basically a step sequencer for multiple effects.

Anyone else totally in love with cyclop or effectrix? On ipad ofc, cuz ipad forums.

And as a bonus question, the desktop and ipad versions are identical, right? Or do they use some different audio engines, or is the ipad version lacking in some features?

Comments

• Yeah love Cyclops, but have found Effectrix to be a bit buggy now and again.

• edited August 2016

Effectrix is identical as far as I can tell, I don't have PC cyclops.

prays for Looperator on iOS

• edited August 2016

talking about audio engines: I have Turnado ... and if there wasn't some miracle Effectrix uses the same engine - not my cup of tea, too average, undefined sound.
    But I have paid for it... and had a careful listen...
    According to (my) experience with multiplatform vendors I wouldn't expect more in PC/Mac versions. Such developers keep their math simple to have it portable and don't exploit particular features of a(ny) platform.
    For my part I prefer the effects of Holderness, Kymatica, Apesoft, Amazing Noises...
    But as usual with matters of taste: if YOU are happy with it, enjoy it

cheers, Tom

• edited August 2016

@Telefunky said:
    talking about audio engines: I have Turnado ... and if there wasn't some miracle Effectrix uses the same engine - not my cup of tea, too average, undefined sound.
    But I have paid for it... and had a careful listen...
    According to (my) experience with multiplatform vendors I wouldn't expect more in PC/Mac versions. Such developers keep their math simple to have it portable and don't exploit particular features of a(ny) platform.
    For my part I prefer the effects of Holderness, Kymatica, Apesoft, Amazing Noises...
    But as usual with matters of taste: if YOU are happy with it, enjoy it

cheers, Tom

Yea im not too much into turnado either but its cool for some stuff, have it on my ipad and computer. I bet if you test the effectrix, youll soon notice that the effects you get out of it are not your typical effects. Its not meant to be a chorus, or delay or reverb, its meant for you to be able to put multiple effects here and there on the step sequencer. Thats something that would be incredibly tedious to accomplish with anything else i have came across. Ofc you could automate the effects on/off every 32th of a beat, but thats pretty much a hassle as well. Maybe ill come across with something i like even more for the same stuff one day. Are there some other step sequencing multi effects?

cheers, Tom ;)

• edited August 2016

Yeah I have turnado and I find it very boring sounding, yet on the flip side their WOW filter is absolutely awesome.. Love it. Haven't bought effectrix because of the fact that I'm guessing it's basically the same audio engine from turnado

• edited August 2016

@ToMess said:
    ... Thats something that would be incredibly tedious to accomplish with anything else i have came across. Ofc you could automate the effects on/off every 32th of a beat, but thats pretty much a hassle as well.

not really (imho), it' s rather fun:

ALL sounds you hear are from the same dry Telecaster track and Apefilter + Reverb
    The track was running in a loop, some filter automation, some tweaks by hand.
    When it sounded cool, I hit record, later moved the best parts to Audioshare and transferred them to the DAW on PC for final cutting and arrangement, a quick job.

That one isn't the greatest sound quality, but the first 30 seconds were generated from nothing but 3 or 4 short sine tones processed by Sonicworx on a Mac G4 Cube under OS 9

here's a link to the app, it could have happend 15 years ago...
    http://www.audiomac.net/audiomac_archived/rev_prosoniq_swstudio20.html
    sorry for the ot, but sometimes I can't resist to mention the roots

cheers, Tom

• I do dig Effectrix a lot. My initial impression from the presets (as I realised seems to be the case with most 'creative' fx apps) was lukewarm but I dig it so much now I will likely get it on PC when it is next on sale. I also hope SugarBytes brings over the Looperator, it is pretty awesome. Fun and quick!

• @ToMess said:
    wow. If you are after some dirty bass synth that can go completely crazy if you want to, cyclop is it. Effectrix is also really nice fx that can go where, well somewhere that no one even knows. If someone doesent know what it is, its basically a step sequencer for multiple effects.

Anyone else totally in love with cyclop or effectrix? On ipad ofc, cuz ipad forums.

And as a bonus question, the desktop and ipad versions are identical, right? Or do they use some different audio engines, or is the ipad version lacking in some features?

Cyclop is definitely an evil beast. Have you discovered the built in video game? And the miniature version of Effectrix it has included in the FX page?

• Turnado, Effektrix, Cyclop are absolute essentials for me, I absolutely love what they're doing to my sounds (especially when I'm not looking...). Cheers, twobeers

• @animal said:
    Turnado, Effektrix, Cyclop are absolute essentials for me, I absolutely love what they're doing to my sounds (especially when I'm not looking...). Cheers, twobeers

What about WOW? So underrated :(

• Yes, Wow also, but it's easy to "overdrive" it, thus completely destroy any drone running. I am still learning to use it in a conclusive (to me) way. I'm trying...

• edited August 2016

I find WOW a bit harsh, but Turnado is boss. I tried Cyclop on PC before getting the IOS version, and they sound and work the same as far as I can see.

The novelty of the harsh, wobbly Cyclop bass sounds have worn off for me a bit, but I still regularly use it as a synth, particularly in multi synth MIDI setups.

• As far as I can tell Egoist is the same on both iPad and Mac.

• edited August 2016

@mkell424 said:
    As far as I can tell Egoist is the same on both iPad and Mac.

With the Egoist VST you used to be able to load sessions from iPad, but as of the last iPad update you cannot. Really hoping they update the VST as I sure miss that.

• Cyclop sounds great but I think the iOS port is too one on one. Most elements on the UI are just too tiny to work easy. Maybe works okay on the large iPad Pro... no experience or example movies seen with that combination.

• I don't have a problem on my Air 2 with the tiny buttons on Cyclop, as much as I do on Turnado, and SB's worst offender Thesys. I think they should spend a bit of time testing usability on iOS devices though, Thesys is unusable for me.

• @mannix said:
    Cyclop sounds great but I think the iOS port is too one on one. Most elements on the UI are just too tiny to work easy. Maybe works okay on the large iPad Pro... no experience or example movies seen with that combination.

Yah, I like a few of the sounds and would like to manipulate them but the buttons are way too small. I never use it, a shame.