Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Am I expecting too much?

BenBen
edited July 2013 in General App Discussion

I recently bought an Alesis io dock. Have an ipad3, 64GB with the most recent update. Whenever I use Galileo, Magellan or Sampletank I get a lot of hanging notes. XLR and 1/4 inch inputs seem too work well, the only problem appears to be with midi.

I've re-installed all of those apps, tried them in different AB slots and tried launching in different orders. Also run only one app at a time.I've tried the Griffin dock which had it's problems crashing and the Focusrite which had no midi. Both direct outs didn't send a hot enough signal for my taste.

So, finally the question is: will I have to live with the quirks? I'm new to this world and I'm not sure if my expectations are too high. Anyone have a similar experience with the Alesis or the apps I mentioned. Thanks for reading. I appreciate all comments/suggestions.

Comments

• I should add that the reason I'm posting this question here is that I use these apps/equipment exclusively with audiobus. Can anyone help?

• Did you try resetting your ipad? Press home and power button simultaneously. Make sure no other apps are running in background by double clicking home button and long pressing apps to shut them down. It also helps to be in airplane mode. Check your gains also.

• Yeah...I don't have any problems with those apps typically, so it's not an Audiobus issue. Definitely try what @mgmg4871 recommended and let us know if that solved it. The only other concern I would have is that there have been reports of some oddities with iPad3. I'm using a 4 and a 2, so I can't confirm any of those issues. I'm sure you don't want to hear that it might be the iPad....and I hope that isn't the case!

• Definetly try what @mgmg4871 said. I know you said your iPad is up to date but make sure you IO Dock is as well.

Here is a link that may help with getting the best performance from your dock. It's outdated but its worth watching if you own an IO Dock.

http://www.noterepeat.com/articles/how-to/37-alesis-io-dock-getting-the-best-performance-and-signal-possible

• Thanks everyone. I'm going try out your suggestions this weekend. Of course I'm nervous when it comes to resetting. Are we sure that there is no loss of data? Also to mgmg: are you referring to the volume controls on the individual keyboards within the apps?