Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Galileo Live

Last week we did a short tour with a swedish singer, Monica Robertson, and Richard Mann from Nashville (Son of Carl Mann who had a huge hit with Mona Lisa in 1959)

I played keys on most of his songs, and for some I needed an organ. Since I don't want to take out a new mortgage on my house to buy a Nord :D I went for my old iPad, put it in my Behringer iStudio and hooked it up to my old Korg 707. Worked like a charm!

I'm in love with the sound of this app! Sounds really great in stereo. That leslie...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XIirkGqFiBI

Comments

• Definitely my go to organ app, very flexible, and I just cannot get the same sound from any of the others.

• All apps from the developer Yonac is great and sounds amazing!

• Yep, if you want a good organ sound, one that really "breathes ', Galileo is definitely the one. and I was brought up playing Hammonds.

• Cool. Thanks for sharing.
    Curious what the rest of the band thought of using an iPad. ?

• @PhilW said:
    Yep, if you want a good organ sound, one that really "breathes ', Galileo is definitely the one. and I was brought up playing Hammonds.

I couldn't think of how to describe it, but you nailed it with 'breathes' :)

• @Carlsson said:
    Last week we did a short tour with a swedish singer, Monica Robertson, and Richard Mann from Nashville (Son of Carl Mann who had a huge hit with Mona Lisa in 1959)

I played keys on most of his songs, and for some I needed an organ. Since I don't want to take out a new mortgage on my house to buy a Nord :D I went for my old iPad, put it in my Behringer iStudio and hooked it up to my old Korg 707. Worked like a charm!

I'm in love with the sound of this app! Sounds really great in stereo. That leslie...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XIirkGqFiBI

That sounds amazing live! I use Galileo constantly and am always amazed of how great it sounds. I am curious @Carlsson, I noticed that organ sound is really clean. Did you make a preset yourself or did you choose one of the available presets in the app itself? Would it be possible for you to share it?

• Ha! Recently someone asked "What's the best Organ app?" over on the iPad Musician FB page and within a few hours there were like two dozen comments unanimously saying "Galileo!"

Very nice sound @Carlsson, thanks for sharing! I heard a nice swell when the Leslie kicked in. I'm guessing that's another advantage of using an iPad live - no need to rely on the sound guy for controlling your own dynamics :wink:

• @Grobles87 said:
    That sounds amazing live! I use Galileo constantly and am always amazed of how great it sounds. I am curious @Carlsson, I noticed that organ sound is really clean. Did you make a preset yourself or did you choose one of the available presets in the app itself? Would it be possible for you to share it?

I used the "Pale of Shade" preset, and just increased the gain a little bit.

• Really nice!