Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

musicIO 50% off but…

…what exactly can this app do that I cannot do already? Is there anything unique about this app that is not accomplishable in some other easy way? Is the damn thing worth buying if I wish to use my iPad with a DAW on my PC? Can’t I already use my iPad with a DAW on my PC easily without this app?

I’ve read through the descriptions and all, but I'm still confused as what the point of buying it would be. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/musicio-audio-midi-over-usb/id966003016?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=8

Obliged,
The Pup

Comments

• It lets you pass midi and audio to and from your daw via the Lightning cable without needing an interface or having the audio go via 2 sets of dac conversions.

• Is there any advantage to MusicIO over Studiomux? Perhaps in terms of stability or latency...although I notice MusicIO lacks Studiomux's IAA sync and Link capabilities, I'm wondering if there are things it does better.

• Well thank you both for that, I already have studiomux and midimux, and I was just not sure. I guess even for 50% off there is not much point for me at least.

• If you are on Windows there is no point buying it at all. They dropped Windows support .

• I own both. Go for studiomux

• Looks like they are not really devoloping it any more. Version 1.5 since more than a year. Studiomux instead latest update 02/16 and also going more forward with the iOS apps. So its also the choice for me atm. Much more possibilities.

• We'll have an update out in a few days -- it's been approved by Apple, but we're holding the release until something else gets approved. My guess is it should all be out by the end of the coming week. Our last update, 1.52, came out at the end of March -- so about three months ago, not more than a year.

Things work fine on Windows for modern DAWs, but we're focusing more on the Mac side of things. We were getting way too many Windows tech support requests for ancient DAWs, running on sketchy underpowered machines; just too much hassle to deal with.

• edited July 2016

LOL! I can just imagine it... 'I bought this app, but it doesn't work with Cubase VST 3.5, what should I do?' :D

• edited July 2016

I much appreciate your commentary Mr. SecretBaseDesign! I use the latest version of Sonar and a modern i7 machine with SSD's etc. however I understand your rationale. I have purchased other SecretBaseDesign products such as Infinite Looper, Sidecar 1.3 and Live Guitar so all is not in vain.

• edited July 2016

@SBD, I was talking about the Mac version. Its still 1.5, same the plugs, but since January 2016. Sorry for the wrong date.

• @pichi said:
    LOL! I can just imagine it... 'I bought this app, but it doesn't work with Cubase VST 3.5, what should I do?' :D

You would be terrified to know how close to reality that is. Except it's more along the lines of "I got a cracked version of Cubase 3.5 from the torrent sites, and....." Windows support has had a steady stream of face-palm moments.

For most of the modern hardware and DAWs I've looked at, things work reasonably well. MS is pushing everyone to upgrade to Windows 10; the nag messages are getting more complex and cryptic, and I'm guessing everyone will be at 10 this time next year, whether they want it or not. So far, 10 has been working for me, and we might spin up support for Windows again, but try to make it clear that we can't help debug an ASIO driver for Vista, and a cracked version of Ableton.

• Is there anything I need to know about how to drive musicIO from Logic Pro X (latest) from my MacBook Pro into my iPad 2 via 30-pin USB to propel a synth from a LPX midi track and get back the audio from the iPad 2 into LPX? Documentation, or a hoot etc?

• I had timing issues with Music IO on the latest version of Reaper under Windows, this is on a core i5 connected to an Air 2. I had to give up in the end after fiddling with every conceivable latency setting.

I'm still curious whether Studiomux would fare better with my setup, but not necessarily willing to throw more money at the problem only to end up with the same result.