Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KORG Gladstone Gadget Full Guide - haQ attaQ 158

KORG Gladstone Gadget Full Guide! In this episode I am going through all of the functions inside the new Gladstone gadget.

KORG #Gadget #Gladstone #Guide

Comments

• Even though we have alot of super duper drum apps like Patterning & Ruismaker (and ten more) Gladstone have something that is so charming and imediate that I think Gladstone is the best sounding drumapp on iOS...

The liveplaying on the pads feels very responsive and very livealike...

I really recommend Gladstone to every Gadget fan!

Oh and, thank's Jakob for this episode about Gladstone...

• Do the drums sounds have multi level velocity switching?

• Thanks, Jakob, I hadn't spotted the freq/gain switch until you pointed it out!

• Thanks for focusing on Gladstone, Jakob. While it's sad to see no solo/mute on the pads ala London (for exporting stems more easily), it looks and sounds good for creating a fast acoustic stereo drum track without leaving Gadget :sunglasses:

• Good acoustic drums is something I've wanted in Gadget. The ability to automate every setting for each pad is really nice.

Info is scarce, and your guide is a help. Thanks, Jacob!

• Anyone know?

@Telstar5 said:
    Do the drums sounds have multi level velocity switching?

• Same question. Is there multi sampling going on?

I presume so - otherwise it's kind of just a few drum kits in Gadget v

• Kick ass as always Jacob, episode 158. Man I've watched a lot of them.

• No multi sampling-not feasible with their model. There is a workaround mentioned in the video, though it is more laborious.

• @Telstar5 @Tones4Christ @Matt_Fletcher_2000 Check the video from 1:58 and forward. ;)

• Is it 'Analogue' or 'Acoustic' who cares it sounds good and I love the energy in the videos :D

• Some of the basses in Madrid clearly have two velocity layers, I can't see why this would not be possible with other gadgets.

• @PhilW said:
    Some of the basses in Madrid clearly have two velocity layers, I can't see why this would not be possible with other gadgets.

Some instruments in Module/Glasgow are also 'velocity-layered' in addition to layered sounds (Piano+Pad etc).
    As the CPU/RAM capacity increase I feel these features will get added at some point.

The feature that got my eye the most in madrid was the fact that the on-screen keyboard could be expanded to include 'vertical velocity'. The only thing sadly missing in Madrid (for now) is the ability to slide between notes or a 'fret-view' in addition to the 'keyboard-view'. (I like playing stringed instruments onscreen 'Garageband Style').

Over all It's a pretty solid Gadget update even if the 'patch switching' sometimes makes some crackling noises (noticed this in Madrid, London, and Glasgow so far).

• @jakoB_haQ said:
    @Telstar5 @Tones4Christ @Matt_Fletcher_2000 Check the video from 1:58 and forward. ;)

Thanks @jakoB_haQ - another great video.

I'm still in two minds as to get this or not. Do you think the drums would be any good for Drum n Bass stuff?

• @Samu said:

@PhilW said:

>
    The feature that got my eye the most in madrid was the fact that the on-screen keyboard could be expanded to include 'vertical velocity'. The only thing sadly missing in Madrid (for now) is the ability to slide between notes or a 'fret-view' in addition to the 'keyboard-view'. (I like playing stringed instruments onscreen 'Garageband Style').

Yeah, that's a big miss for the Fretless Bass presets. Hope that KORG can find a way to tweak that.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@jakoB_haQ said:
    @Telstar5 @Tones4Christ @Matt_Fletcher_2000 Check the video from 1:58 and forward. ;)

I'm still in two minds as to get this or not. Do you think the drums would be any good for Drum n Bass stuff?

Yes!

• @pierre said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

Yes!

Ha... fair enough. Good metal snares and the like? Might be nice with a bit of the new decimator effect applied.

It's another £8 and ive been a bit heavy in the app store lately.

But i'm obviously going to get it :)

@pierre said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

Yes!

Ha... fair enough. Good metal snares and the like? Might be nice with a bit of the new decimator effect applied.

Can't wait to hear your impressions.

• Really nice! Only thing im trying to os convince myself that i will use Gadget more if i get this gadget. But, with it being a closed up garden almost Garageband style, keeps me away. Dont get me wrong, i like gadget but i guess i might try it again.

• edited July 2016

@Halftone said:

@pierre said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

Yes!

Thanks.

I just bought it. Obviously :). Need a chance to have a play though.

Much as I do actually like Phil Colins, I don't really want my music to sound like his. So I'm going to explore the outer edges of the 110 or so samples I counted in Gladstone and make some kits that might be better for drum and bass, trip hop, dub, jazzy or downtempo type stuff.

I'll try and put out a 'demo' when I have something.

@Halftone said:

@pierre said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

Yes!

Thanks.

Much as I do actually like Phil Colins, I don't really want my music to sound like his. So I'm going to explore the outer edges of the 110 or so samples I counted in Gladstone and make some kits that might be better for drum and bass, trip hop, dub, jazzy or downtempo type stuff.

yes please! i'm not interested in drum and bass, but trip-hop/downtempo definitely. I'll probably end up getting it Gladstone too after your demo if it works out.

@Halftone said:

@pierre said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

Yes!

Thanks.

Looking forward to it....

• @Halftone said:

@Halftone said:

@pierre said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

Yes!

Thanks.

yes please! i'm not interested in drum and bass, but trip-hop/downtempo definitely. I'll probably end up getting it Gladstone too after your demo if it works out.

I put something up in a thread. Drum and Bass though.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Halftone said:

@pierre said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

Yes!

Thanks.

Looking forward to it....

Cheers.

@Halftone said:

@Halftone said:

@pierre said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

Yes!

Thanks.

I put something up in a thread. Drum and Bass though.

i just checked it out!