Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget update test (FX and Kamata synth)

Just got the new Gadget update and bought the Kamata synth.

All the new FX are definitely the big news on this update IMO. Wow!!!

The delay is really nicely featured stereo delay. The decimator and multi-filter sound sweet, and the reverb seems a lot better than the aux one. I've still to explore the other effects.

Here's a demo of (in this order)

• The filter, delay and decimator on a very simple London kick-snare
  • Me modulating a quick Kamata bass patch by drawing all over the wave table as it plays. This is a great feature.
  • A Phoenix bass patch with some more messing with the delay FX settings on the drums (and a bit of Bilbao percussion)

Comments

• excellent stuff! i wasn't sure about the Kamata - but now i'm interested. can't wait to play with that delay. i'm hoping i'll have time to download and try tonight.

• This is super useful Matt - Thanks - Tests / examples like this immediately illustrate app nuts n' bolts in a wonderfully clear way.

• Please feel free to post more!

• @Proppa said:
    This is super useful Matt - Thanks - Tests / examples like this immediately illustrate app nuts n' bolts in a wonderfully clear way.

Cool. Glad you guys like it.

• Ok. Well since you ask, here's me trying out out some chords in Kanata and playing with the wave table and the ADSR as well as a couple of filters and decimator in the insert FX.

There's the new Gadget delay and reverb at the end of the chain - sounding pretty decent I think.

Sorry... It's a bit long and things jump when I swap insert effects.

I'm basically trying to see if Kanata can produce that nice digital quality a bit like the Korg Volca FM etc... (Although I know it's not an FM synth).

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Ok. Well since you ask, here's me trying out out some chords in Kanata and playing with the wave table and the ADSR as well as a couple of filters and decimator in the insert FX.

There's the new Gadget delay and reverb at the end of the chain - sounding pretty decent I think.

Sorry... It's a bit long and things jump when I swap insert effects.

I'm basically trying to see if Kanata can produce that nice digital quality a bit like the Korg Volca FM etc... (Although I know it's not an FM synth).

Love this Matt! A lot. I'm sold on Kanata! That is a sweet sound you got there.

• Wow Matt, really good and inspiring work. Thank you for sharing

• Loving what's happening around 4:20" and around 6:00" as well.

Thanks again Mr Matt.

• @Proppa said:
    Loving what's happening around 4:20" and around 6:00" as well.

Thanks again Mr Matt.

You're most welcome. Its quite a cool addition

• Cool demo, now when will Korg add distortion?!?