Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy News?

I bought Loopy in a rush of other apps when I first got into making music on the iPad. (Coincided with discovering a bunch of itunes gift cards about 8 months ago.)

Compared with Gadget, Cubasis, Navichord, Samplr, various synths, Loopy seemed like small potatoes. It was kind of inscrutable, and it seemed limited. It made no sound. Blocs Wave came out shortly thereafter, and that seemed much more promising. Months would pass and I almost never opened Loopy.

But last night its charms opened up to me. (That sounded weird.) I mean, there were odd Audiobus quirks. (Why no sound from Sunrizer or Elastic Drums? Do they need to be in different channels? Oh, now working. What?) And it's frustrating I can't duck the volume on the duff note in an otherwise perfect synth loop.

But the ability to build up a track so quickly? To fly in different melodies? Layer in different sounds and then not feel bad about tossing the ones that suck? What other app allows this? I don't have this flow with Blocs Wave, which make me feel like I'm eating in a trendy restaurant we're all supposed to LOVE, but it's really just another diner with an expensive burger on an artisanal brioche bun....

tl;dr: Loopy is a great tool. It could be mind-blowing with an update. So when does Loopy Masterpiece come out?

Comments

• @ExAsperis99 Loopy masterpiece will have midi though. it wont be as simple as LoopyHD.

• edited June 2016

I believe I am ready for the challenge.

(Also, I'm relying on you and the rest of the geniuses on the board to tell me what to do. )

• I'm definitely looking forward to it too :)

• And it's frustrating I can't duck the volume on the duff note in an otherwise perfect synth loop.

With the inclusion of MIDI, this is precisely one of the use cases Loopy Masterpiece is aiming to solve for. Also, Infinite Looper will allow you to do that today. I haven't really sorted out a solid workflow with the two but keep imagining using IL to capture MIDI synths and Loopy to capture any audio (vocals, gtr, etc), all synced up.

• @syrupcore said:

And it's frustrating I can't duck the volume on the duff note in an otherwise perfect synth loop.

With the inclusion of MIDI, this is precisely one of the use cases Loopy Masterpiece is aiming to solve for. Also, Infinite Looper will allow you to do that today. I haven't really sorted out a solid workflow with the two but keep imagining using IL to capture MIDI synths and Loopy to capture any audio (vocals, gtr, etc), all synced up.

What crazy hybrid beast would that be? Like an audio Liger.

I'm hoping there's a midi option, but it would be nice to be able to fiddle with the waveform of the loops a bit. But this very basic desire must be a tricky problem to solve, otherwise Blocs, Loopy and Samplr would have heard our pleas by now.

Most pertinent question remains. LOOPY MASTERPIECE — WHEN?

• edited June 2016

Michael recently said "not shorter than a month away, not longer than 4 months away". Let's hope!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@syrupcore said:

And it's frustrating I can't duck the volume on the duff note in an otherwise perfect synth loop.

What crazy hybrid beast would that be? Like an audio Liger.

+1 for Audio Liger being the name of an app.

• edited July 2016

From what I've seen/hazily recall, think there is a wave form editor built into Loopy Masterpiece Liger.

• Hey guys =) Yeah, "soonish" is what I'm saying right now. I'll be starting the blogs again soon, for the closing stretch.

Something I did want to make clear, while we're talking about it, is that this'll be a somewhat incremental process. I've got a 1.0 plan which isn't the all-singing-all-dancing-wishlistathon, but a solid foundation from which to continue working. v1.0 is aiming to tackle the 90% of use cases: robust and flexible audio looping with a variety of powerful extras. I just want to get it out and in your hands. The final 10% will come afterwards, and will bring the other things, including MIDI looping; I'll also be guided by the user community along that route, and I'll keep blogging and such along the way.

• @Michael : And I will be there to bug you and try to have you implement stuff for the beat boy inside of me... but you already know that.
    Can't wait to try Loopy ME... I have strong faith in you Michael, you're the man.
    Peace.

PS : I have a dream, that one day, Michael will work for Korg and make a LoopyCity Gadget... What a wonderful world it would be :-b

• @Michael said:
    Hey guys =) Yeah, "soonish" is what I'm saying right now. I'll be starting the blogs again soon, for the closing stretch.

Something I did want to make clear, while we're talking about it, is that this'll be a somewhat incremental process. I've got a 1.0 plan which isn't the all-singing-all-dancing-wishlistathon, but a solid foundation from which to continue working. v1.0 is aiming to tackle the 90% of use cases: robust and flexible audio looping with a variety of powerful extras. I just want to get it out and in your hands. The final 10% will come afterwards, and will bring the other things, including MIDI looping; I'll also be guided by the user community along that route, and I'll keep blogging and such along the way.

Bring it! :*

• @Michael said:
    Hey guys =) Yeah, "soonish" is what I'm saying right now. I'll be starting the blogs again soon, for the closing stretch.

I look forward to it. Just please let LINK be in 1.0 :)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    I look forward to it. Just please let LINK be in 1.0 :)

Of course!

• @ElGregoLoco said:
    @Michael : And I will be there to bug you and try to have you implement stuff for the beat boy inside of me... but you already know that.
    Can't wait to try Loopy ME... I have strong faith in you Michael, you're the man.

Please do!! =)

• @Michael Just remember to send Jimmy Fallon a promo code upon Loopy ME's release!

• @Seangarland said:
    @Michael Just remember to send Jimmy Fallon a promo code upon Loopy ME's release!

Tell me about it =)

• Looks like I joined the forum at a good time!
    Happy 4th!

• @Gnarly said:
    Looks like I joined the forum at a good time!
    Happy 4th!

It's always a good time. Welcome. Hold on to your wallet....