Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lightning to USB 3 multiple MIDI devices – haQ attaQ 155

The new lightning to USB 3 camera adapter is awesome! Not only does it allow the usage of multiple MIDI devices, it also makes our mobile rigs truly portable.

Hardware and apps used in this video: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, Waldorf Nave, Arturia iSpark, AudioShare, Audiobus Teenage Engineering OP-1, IK Multimedia iRig Pads

The Plexgear USB hub used in this video is no longer available for purchase. But you can easily find similar products if you look for USB powered hubs. Also, the portable USB battery is a Linocell Powerbank 15000 mAh.

lightning #usb3 #cck #MIDI #tutorial #haqattaq

Comments

• Good one, thanks for sharing ! :)

• Looks good! Could you power an interface as well? I have an Air 1 and SE.

• So far I've powered in the same session: ipad pro, iconnectmidi2+, fastrack pro and edirol pcr300. Everything was super fine

• So far it's been quite fun but I did notice that the new USB3 CCK delivers less power to a USB-Hub than the regular CCK?!

With the old CCK i could easily connect iRig Keys and iRig Pads / Akai MPK Mini Mk 2 and for audio use iRig Mic HD / Behringer UCA-202 with an unpowered USB3-Hub at the same time but with the new USB3 CCK the USB3-Hub freaks out and blinks 'not enough power' while it still works perfectly with the old CCK but drains the battery...

So obviously the iPad Air 2 has enough juice to drive all the devices but the USB3 CCK doesn't pass thru as much power to the USB3-Hub as the previous CCK did.

Maybe I should get a HUB with less ports to avoid the temptation of connecting everything at once :)

• @jakoB_haQ
    Did you tried if the USB3 CCK work standalone with the OP-1?

• I have an OP-1 and I'm waiting for an iPad Air2,
    I'd like to know if this adaptor will work in order to use the OP-1 as a controller for the iPad or viceversa.
    I mean without additional hardware.
    Thanks!