Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BASSalicious is Now LIVE!

BASSalicious is now available for iPad. It has all of the features as the desktop version and it features the new AudioUnits Version 3. The app is absolutely FREE. You can use one oscillator with all of the synthesis features. You cannot save or load presets. After you purchase the In-App, then you get access to all of the other presets and oscillators. We also support sharing of presets between the AUv3 and the app, so any presets you make are shared across both formats.

Click Here for Link

Currently the App is on sale for $9.99 until June 20th, 2016. After this, the price will be $19.99. It comes with over 60 synth bass presets, with more oscillators and presets to come with IAP.

We have not officially release it until Monday, but I've gotten a ton of messages about it so wanted you guys to try it first.

PS: AudioBus is on the way: We jut have to figure out how to integrate it with JUCE. This is not so simple :neutral:

Comments

• Thanks for the heads ups. :)

• ^^
    +1 downloaded, will give it a blast later this evening, have been waiting to try this since you posted the preview vids :)

• Congratulations!!!

• @sirdavidabraham said:
    Congratulations!!!

Thanks man....I have to say personally that the iPad's D/A converters are slightly warmer than that of the desktop. There is some sort of built in color on the iPad's that make this one sound richer and warmer. It's the same for all of the other apps as well. The iPad adds some extra color to the sound. It's subtle but noticeable.

• Just had a little play with it. Very, very, Nice indeed. I was using Step Poly Arp to trigger it. I noticed a little crackle in the Saw sound(just to let you know. IPad 1, latest IOS....... ;) ). Just an idea/suggestion for the future. Maybe I good idea to add Ableton Link too when you get to update to Audio Bus, also, maybe a way to record a loop bass riff inside the app? Is there a list of Preset, when you purchase the full version? Couldn't see it.......... But this is a very cool Basstation, with a lot of potential. Once things get off the ground, maybe turn the app to an AU unit?........... Don't want much, do I ?....... Lol....... :p

• @studs1966 said:
    Just had a little play with it. Very, very, Nice indeed. I was using Step Poly Arp to trigger it. I noticed a little crackle in the Saw sound(just to let you know. IPad 1, latest IOS....... ;) ). Just an idea/suggestion for the future. Maybe I good idea to add Ableton Link too when you get to update to Audio Bus, also, maybe a way to record a loop bass riff inside the app? Is there a list of Preset, when you purchase the full version? Couldn't see it.......... But this is a very cool Basstation, with a lot of potential. Once things get off the ground, maybe turn the app to an AU unit?........... Don't want much, do I ?....... Lol....... :p

It already supports AU :). I'll do a video on how that all works soon .....So AUv3 Supports pretty much allows all of your Arp triggering, and Ableton support, because you can load the plugin inside of the host as if it were like a DAW (See screenshots).

and yes you are going to hear crackling, because the iPad 1 is just not powerful enough. In fact, I'm surprised that it even played. We recommend iPad 4th Generation or higher.

• Great stuff. Sorry,(typing mistake)I mean I have iPad Air 1, with latest IOS.......... Definatlely like this.......... 90's sound, yes!......... Ummmmm, would there be a TB303 somewhere in there?....... Cough!......

• @GospelMusicians ,

Bassalicious is absolutely fantastic and awesome.

Guys, this app is amazing. I have on 4 channels AUM fuguing it.

Each AU units on its own crazy if you have 4 oscillators. Not joking, love it.

100% sure to unlock it.

• Oh you shouldn't hear any crackling on the iPad Air at all. Make sure your Buffer is set correctly and if you have the PWM all the way up/down, then it crates PWM edge effect which can sound like crackling...

We test all of our apps on the lowest possible configuration, i.e. iPad 4th Generation.

• I totally agree @Kaikoo2. Just tried this in AUM, & Modstep. WOW!....... :o .......... Insta buy for the unlock.

• I am loving it. Not too strong, not too harsh and wild, some sweet, some warming, and full of energy.

• Just sync this up in AUM. Poly step Arp(linked) to control BASSaliscoius. Then opened Patterning. All synced up, and Aciding it up in Acid Heaven. Jakob(TSTR), is going to going to to nuts with this one! :# ........ The filters so strong, that your Ear Wax, is going blow thru you nose........

• Man, I can't believe you are running 4 instances at one time. Which iPad do you have? I never really pushed it that hard with four instances.

@studs1966 said:
    Just sync this up in AUM. Poly step Arp(linked) to control BASSaliscoius. Then opened Patterning. All synced up, and Aciding it up in Acid Heaven. Jakob(TSTR), is going to going to to nuts with this one! :# ........ The filters so strong, that your Ear Wax, is going blow thru you nose........

• edited June 2016

Damnit, I'm gonna have to upgrade to 9 soon. This thing sounded awesome in the vid. I usually do power pop-type stuff, but always use a synth bass.

• Think about this, it is a easily tweakable heaven, not like some other AU.

You know what my saying is. Not a joke.

• What advantages this app, or any dedicated bass synth for that matter, has over a really good general purpose synth app?

Other question: can it be used as a general purpose synth as well? Does it have a noise oscilator (so it can be used to synthesize e.g.: drum sounds)?

All the best!

• @GospelMusicians Looking forward to giving this a go. Sounds like it sounds great. Little bit concerned about your comment on AB. I know nothing's set in stone, but despite how 'tricky' it might be, do you imagine that, say, in three months this will be on board?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @GospelMusicians Looking forward to giving this a go. Sounds like it sounds great. Little bit concerned about your comment on AB. I know nothing's set in stone, but despite how 'tricky' it might be, do you imagine that, say, in three months this will be on board?

I can't say for now.....We have AudioBus in there already, but we are working on getting it working. I can't give you a date.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    Man, I can't believe you are running 4 instances at one time. Which iPad do you have? I never really pushed it that hard with four instances.

@studs1966 said:
    Just sync this up in AUM. Poly step Arp(linked) to control BASSaliscoius. Then opened Patterning. All synced up, and Aciding it up in Acid Heaven. Jakob(TSTR), is going to going to to nuts with this one! :# ........ The filters so strong, that your Ear Wax, is going blow thru you nose........

Air 1. 128gb latest IOS.

• I downloaded, tried the 1 oscillator, pulled the filter freq down a touch

That's all it took for me to buy :)

Can't wait to get the floor and walls shaking with this later, neighbours beware !!!!!

• @GospelMusicians said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @GospelMusicians Looking forward to giving this a go. Sounds like it sounds great. Little bit concerned about your comment on AB. I know nothing's set in stone, but despite how 'tricky' it might be, do you imagine that, say, in three months this will be on board?

I can't say for now.....We have AudioBus in there already, but we are working on getting it working. I can't give you a date.

Appreciate your honesty.

• Well it's a monophonic synth and I would say that our niche is our oscillators and filter. What we, at Gospel Musicians, pride ourselves on is the "sound" and a warmth. It's not that there isn't something else out there, but boy do we put a lot of attention on character and won't release anything if it doesn't have that sound....

@theconnactic said:
    What advantages this app, or any dedicated bass synth for that matter, has over a really good general purpose synth app?

Other question: can it be used as a general purpose synth as well? Does it have a noise oscilator (so it can be used to synthesize e.g.: drum sounds)?

All the best!

• Thank you for the answer! But does it have a noise oscilator? Can it be used as a general purpose synth, or the oscilators are hardcoded to lower octaves? All the best!

• @GospelMusicians said:
    Well it's a monophonic synth and I would say that our niche is our oscillators and filter. What we, at Gospel Musicians, pride ourselves on is the "sound" and a warmth. It's not that there isn't something else out there, but boy do we put a lot of attention on character and won't release anything if it doesn't have that sound....

@theconnactic said:
    What advantages this app, or any dedicated bass synth for that matter, has over a really good general purpose synth app?

All the best!

I trust you on AB. But more than anything I trust you on Neo-Soul so, purchase made.

• edited June 2016

Erm...am I missing something here. Why is AB a dealbreaker....? It is AU, load it in AUM and send to AB from there

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Erm...am I missing something here. Why is AB a dealbreaker....? It is AU, load it in AUM and send to AB from there

You beat me to it on that one. Lol. :)

• @studs1966 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

You beat me to it on that one. Lol. :)

Hot on both y'all's heals ;)

• edited June 2016

Because AB - > AUM is his

to the blues.

• @studs1966
    @eustressor

Great minds and all that :)