Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synth Apps: LOW CPU "juice"

Looking to kind of categorize my synth apps in regard to the juice it takes to run them. I am doing this as I prioritize apps based on specific needs versus general when I am working on the IPAD.

I like to do 1 take / live recording, so I generally like to have EVERYTHING going, all parts moving.

This however, is sometimes limited by the size and efficiency of the apps I choose.

What apps are the most efficient?

Which apps do you find necessary even though they are an energy hog?

Sidenote: I feel that after the last update my IPAD is handling a lot with out issue( knocks on head)

Thanks for your feedback!

Comments

• Sunrizer, Magellan, Turnado, Samplr, Tone Stack. Basically all of the apps I use for live looping as I've tested different configurations and boiled t down to these 5.

• @supadom said:
    Sunrizer, Magellan, Turnado, Samplr, Tone Stack. Basically all of the apps I use for live looping as I've tested different configurations and boiled t down to these 5.

Sunrizer and Magellan

You use custom banks(sounds)?

Samplr(of course) - excited about update

I am just interested in Magellan really. I love the app, but, always struggled to make it work for me.

Sunrizer I use for keys/organs/bass/leads/pad yada yada - love it for classic house and deep alternative electronic music.

Thanks for your input

• edited May 2016

@RustiK
    FM, Phase Distortion, and physical modeling synths are typically low juice, so Dxi, Phase84, Strng, Anckorage SpringSound, the IceGear stuff (Mersenne, Laplace, Lorentz) are worth looking at/testing...also the iPhone Argon is pretty low impact if you can use a mono synth in your plan..

• The older the better in this case.

• Speaking of Sunrizer, since it hasn't received an update in almost two years, is it working okay in iOS 9.x? Any problems in AUM or AB?

• @overorange said:
    Speaking of Sunrizer, since it hasn't received an update in almost two years, is it working okay in iOS 9.x? Any problems in AUM or AB?

None at all for me

• Of course I forgot to mention that I only use it as a vocal effect unit. ;)

@overorange it just works!

• @overorange said:
    Speaking of Sunrizer, since it hasn't received an update in almost two years, is it working okay in iOS 9.x? Any problems in AUM or AB?

No issues for me

• @mschenkel.it said:
    The older the better in this case.

I agree.

Sidenote:
    I am astounded at how things like Alchemy still works perfect.

• Any more suggestions here ? All iceworks apps is a big thumbs up iam looking for all the low cpu synths so i can build a big workspace in modstep and just play around with loads and loads of sounds