Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

They shoot...I score!

edited June 2013 in Creations

Here is my first attempt at a filmscore (without the aid of a video/audio synch on my iPad!)
It is my submission for the iPad Musician (a facebook group) Thor competition (still not bought it!). The aim is to compose a new soundtrack to the opening to the film Contact using IOS sounds.
I recorded this in Cubasis on my iPad2 using Alchemy Mobile, Nave, and a little bit of Sunrizer via Audiobus, whilst watching the muted video on my PC!

Cubasis on the iPad can't import videos (yet) so I downloaded the competition video onto my PC (with RealPlayer free), converted it to wmv format (with Freemake Video Converter) and opened it in Windows Live Movie Maker. I also converted the video to mp3 (with the Freemake program) and then cropped the little girls voice from the end of the mp3 in Audacity). Using Dropbox I copied the mp3 to Audioshare on my iPad and then opened it in Cubasis to add it to my track and add the delay (i had to guess where to add it on the timeline!)

Then I opened the full track in Audio Mastering on the iPad and exported the Mastered track to Audioshare and then via Dropbox to my PC, where I imported it into the Live Movie Maker project with the muted video. I had to add a blank title and end credits to give me enough space to slide the audio track so the girls mouth was in synch with my sample.

Comments

• I really liked that @AlterEgo_uk I have a soft spot for all things space I suppose thats why I bought Jordan Rudess SpaceWiz this video reminds me of it,if I were to try and improve it I would add orchestral stabs whenever a planet entered the shot or a major scene change happened,to put me on the edge of my seat,Other wise Well Done.

• Some kind of punctuation, even just a subtle 'whoosh' as objects are passed would help to bind score to image. Otherwise, very pleasant.

• @paulb ....Whoosh...rumble....crackle...... My submission.. :)

@alterego_uk Love this thread's title! :)

• Spooky - great job, complete with wooshes and a couple of laugh out loud moments!

• Haha...it's all fun and games till some "beams" there eye out

• Ha..cheers guys. If you fancy seeing some other submissions from group members have a peek here.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ipadmusician/.

• I hear some Alchemy Mobile?

I liked it, but agree that it needs more to "fit" with the picture. Works like it is, but almost sounds like someone took any ambient piece and played it behind the movie, instead of scroring TO it.