Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alina String Ensemble update, 50% off sale

Alina String Ensemble by insideout ltd.
https://appsto.re/tw/E3mW9.i

Update: Added midi in channel selection

Comments

• edited May 2016

Just bought it, valuable!

• Waiting channel selection update to have it today! nicely done!

• Nice one - Thank you @Kaikoo2

• @Proppa said:
    Nice one - Thank you @Kaikoo2

Welcome! I want it for long long time.... Not easy !

• Are there better string instruments for a similar price?

• edited May 2016

@Redo1 said:
    Are there better string instruments for a similar price?

I dunno!

Strng might be a choice for a similar price. Quite different taste. This one is synthesizer based. Strng is a physical model one.

Oh, there is one; the ZedSynth, is a very awesome one. Otherwise pick Laplace.

I personally prefer adding PianoVerb2 if I seriously want detail resonance on synth by Auria interface.i love PianoVerb2 much.

I will wait ISymphonic Orchestra next sale to pick classic strings.

• edited May 2016

I'm asking because I already own Strng and Laplace and...?

So thanks ;)

• @Redo1 said:

So thanks ;)

Someone might provide you better expertise?

Cheers

• edited May 2016

i cant get this to load in AUM via IAA

when loaded via audiobus the app makes no sound

air2 latest ios

edit: works after a reboot

• @wellingtonCres said:
    i cant get this to load in AUM via IAA

when loaded via audiobus the app makes no sound

air2 latest ios

That is weird for me on AUM IAA. I did not try Audiobus. My device iOS 9.31 Air2.

Must try again or email dev!

• wow this sounds glorious through ultraphaser! time machine set to 1976!

• Works fine for me in AUM and Audiobus. Sounds good and midi works nicely.

Only weirdness I've noticed is that The logo after download is this dumb-looking cartoon and not the icon on the buy page. When I load into AUM, it shows the dumb cartoon icon, but when I load into AB it shows the new icon instead.

• @Redo1 said:
    Are there better string instruments for a similar price?

This app is for people after a specific string sound, one found on a lot of '70s recordings and it does that very well. :smile:

• I'm normally not one to complain about the superficial....but that new icon..what

• @oat_phipps said:
    I'm normally not one to complain about the superficial....but that new icon..what

Still not as bad as the old Green Apefilter app icon. ;)

• @Redo1 said:

Totally different beast. Those two aim to mimic/model particular characteristics of an actual string being plucked (etc). Alina sounds like the classic analog 'string machines' from the 70s. No modeling whatsoever. Think detuned saw waves or Gary Numan/Tubeway Army.

I've had a few issues when using this app via IAA with stuck notes and hanging but I still love the shit out of it. By itself it sounds absurdly good. Adding any old phaser and a little delay and it sounds incredible. Combine it with Sunrizer and ZOMG.

• I really like the sounds with this.

• Filter out a little top end and this gives you all day long Eighties synth sound. Well worth the money :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Filter out a little top end and this gives you all day long Eighties synth sound. Well worth the money :)

Early 80s anyway, absolutely. The string machines were a lot more affordable than poly synths at the turn of the 80s. They were mostly out of production by then but the mid 70s models were available for a reasonable price on the used market. Once the Japanese polys came down in price (Juno-106, polysix, etc) they fell out a favor and seemed to have been completely abandoned as dated once digital took over.

• @syrupcore said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Filter out a little top end and this gives you all day long Eighties synth sound. Well worth the money :)

Early 80s anyway, absolutely. The string machines were a lot more affordable than poly synths at the turn of the 80s. They were mostly out of production by then but the mid 70s models were available for a reasonable price on the used market. Once the Japanese polys came down in price (Juno-106, polysix, etc) they fell out a favor and seemed to have been completely abandoned as dated once digital took over.

Some bands like The Cure still used them in recording studios for quite a while into the Eighties, but used other synths live. But yes, mostly early Eighties.

• @Fruitbat1919 of course. I didn't mean that they disappeared! More that string synths are, to me, the sound of early 80s whereas the DX7 is the sound of the mid 80s and the D50 is the sound of the late 80s. No idea if that's statistically true, just my own sonic memory.

• @syrupcore said:
    @Fruitbat1919 of course. I didn't mean that they disappeared! More that string synths are, to me, the sound of early 80s whereas the DX7 is the sound of the mid 80s and the D50 is the sound of the late 80s. No idea if that's statistically true, just my own sonic memory.

O yes, the later Eighties was full of digital. I used to find some of the digital synths were refreshing at the time. We had a Korg Trident - thick thick thick. We also had a DW8000 and although it was a hybrid, not strictly digital, it had a lovely new sound for the time (especially having some delay built in). Next few years, TOTP was all DX7, D50 and soon the Fairlight landed! It all seemed to happen so quick :p

• If not for the mullet's alone, the 80's were such a great time. I guess, the music does rise a bit above the mullet. and Jean Jackets, and Stone washed jeans, and Spandex, and Jazzer size, and well the music, that's why I loved the 80's......... :)