Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Most powerful and flexible midi sequencer and midi generator ??

Hi, after my deception buying Mapping harmony pro, i decided to find a good midi sequencer and generator.Finally i bought Different Drummer, who is enough hard for The moment but It looks very powerfull for editing midi and randomize midi notes. But this morning i saw there are plenty others apps like DD: Oscilab , Noatikl ,egoist , thesys, nodebeat. Is Different Drummer powerfull enough or should i buy an other one to complete him ? And which one? Oscilab looks great too but im not sûre about the midi export and the note editor .Would it be a doublon If i buy one of this other app ? And If not, What great function of the others am i missing with DD ? I have so many similar apps ( for example i have xynthesizr, cream mobile, Arpeggist) that my appdiction cost me too much money for few new great functions added.I love DD but when i read this forum im always feeling like i was missing another great Killer app.Sorry for the bad english.

Comments

• Oscilab can be a lot of fun. You can send midi out from its different generators and despite its limited samples and synth options you can get some cool sounds in the app. The note editing works like this: you choose exactly which notes you want your waveforms to oscillate between. You also choose a rhythm pattern one bar long. The limitation is that notes will be in that chosen rhythm across all bars for a given instrument. You can alter the waveform to hit whichever notes you want, but they will be locked to that rhythm. So it's better for groovy stuff rather than melodic. However, in live mode, you can transpose the instruments as an arpeggiator, kaoss pad style. The y axis is pitch. So whatever notes and rhythm you have in there, you can slide up and down to transpose. It's a lot of fun, but definitely not an all encompassing midi solution.

• One of my fav is thesys, its hard on the eyes (especially on my ipad mini) and has only one track at a time, but you can jam forever with it and never come up with the same bar twice;
    also like other sugar bytes apps it has iaa sync and start, randomisations buttons etc

fugue machine is insane too and should be more interesting to you (according to what you own already)

to generate midi files chordbot is great too, but you need to export in auria or modstep to edit and send them to your favorites synths

• Oscilab is probably the closest to DD of those you mentioned, and I prefer DD to Oscilab, however I do like Oscilab quite well too. I prefer its interface over DD primarily, but the ability to add effects to the tracks is another advantage. DD does offer some basic effects, but they're not as good as Oscilab's. In DD's favor though is eight tracks with the ability to mangle the notes, rests, ties, dynamics, panning, and beat to an infinite degree, as well as send the result quite reliably to most midi receivers. Beyond mangling though, you can get very straight structures out as well.

The other apps mentioned are substantially different. All are quite good (I'm least familiar with Noatikl though.) Each one will give you differing results, so it really depends on what you want to do. YouTube videos would be my first stop with considering those.

My recommendation is to get familiar with DD, as it covers a lot of ground, then see what else you feel you want beyond that.

• Wow the kaoss is missing in DD ,it is a good idea indeed.I like all the Korg Kaoss pad.But can we midi in and out with others synth ? For the waveform and oscillation i think that DD does it too but i don't know If it is the same system .Noatikl make eyes to me but Im not certain we can edit midi in it ,just generating and programming.Another thing the iPad is almost full,only few hundred mo, so egoist cant be installed :(

• The Zenterface (IAP in DD) functions somewhat like a kaoss pad.

• Yes i just tried the Zenterface, you are right it's a kind of Kaoss with limitless possibilities.Connecting synth with midi looks easier in Oscilab.The two apps look similar, but i Will probably buy Oscilab after trying deeply DD. I just Check the review of Thesys on the french store and they says that s the iOS version isnt so good as desktop.I m fond of SugarBytes app so perhaps i Will Try it too.And Noakitl ....But If i buy all those things i will be homeless before the end of the year lol. Appstore is worst than crack or angeldust for the budget.Thanks god i have only 32 Go on my iPad. :D

• My most powerful sequencer is midiSTEPs + Modstep, there is no matching, plus 3rd party keyboard into 'midi in' of midiSTEPs, thus StepPolyArp and SoundPrism in in this combo! Nothing to beat it on flexibility and extensibility! As you can see, there is no most powerfulness! :'(