Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How it should be done - Blocs & Launch

So people hate when we write our dislike of certain apps.

Well those companies should take a leaf out of the creative book of the makers of Launchpad and BlocsWave.

Here we have two apps that take two different approaches. They listen and over time are making both of these apps into two of the most useful apps available.

@Launchpadforios your teams should be commended for your hard work. I for one will gladly keep buying your product and support your fine work. Your support for iOS is appreciated and makes me more likely to buy your hardware product too.

Thank you again for listening to your customers :)

Comments

• Love blocs, yet to try launchpad. Might buy it soon though

• edited April 2016

I DL LaunchPad and LaunchKey from inception and I must give hats off to Novation for bringing LaunchPad so far and now to include Blocs in their App list.
    Keep listening to your users and develop the apps, only one draw back, would of liked to see LaunckKey developed also.
    Once again Thanks

• edited April 2016

Agreed. I think Blocs Wave is a great example of a simple, fun, easy to use app that could have mass appeal. Unlike the app that shall not be named :), Blocs Wave is being actively developed with a deeper feature set of use in production and live performance.

• @djjuniorpops said:
    only one draw back, would of liked to see LaunckKey developed also.

Nah, I'd rather they made a decent iOS synth instead ;)

Perhaps a synth that emulates those found in the circuit, that could also work as a synth editor for circuit.

I'd start finding a spark for an idea by browsing and 'bending' loops using Blocs wave and/or by messing with patches on the circuit,
    Then when i'd found a circuit patch I like I'd load it into the iOS synth and fine tune it
    Start building a tune within Launchpad by recording drums from circuit into Blocs wave or importing loops from Blocs wave
    As I want more synths or to remove some load from the iPad or to be able to easily tweak the synths during performance I'd move the synths back to the circuit.

That would give me a perfect solution for 99% of what I am trying to do on iOS.

Of course, further down the line i'd want Circuit FM and Circuit Wavetable and Circuit Granular - all with compatible iOS emulations :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

Of course, further down the line i'd want Circuit FM and Circuit Wavetable and Circuit Granular - all with compatible iOS emulations :D

Why stop when you're on a roll, eh? :)