Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there an iOS video/animation forum like this place?

I wanna set some of my weirder sounds I've created to some animations or video. Like perhaps moving logos with accompanying sound. Anybody know a good resource or forum to find the best apps for this?

Comments

• There can only be one.

• Thanks Johnny, you're the best.

• @db909 said:
    Thanks Johnny, you're the best.

Nah. I'm just a flippant Friday night bastard. I'm sure there are some good gathering places. Might see if that @richardyot frequents anywhere that might be suitable. He's an animator type fellow.

• ...But there is only here and us...

• Think this place exists as it does precisely because it was made by the dudes who created software to connect iOS music apps. If there's something similar for video/animation, I'd start there.

• Diggin' into the Thesoundtestroom site you can get some interesting stuff:

http://thesoundtestroom.com/creating-silly-animation-haq-attaq-103/

• Related: animation app I use a lot is currently free.

StickMotion Animation by Stephen Keen
    https://appsto.re/us/kRbzJ.i

• I'd like a simple app that's like an old school screen saver that reacts to the music and can output video. Just as a simple way to provide some video to YouTube audio uploads. Anyone know if that exists?

• @1nsomniak said:
    I'd like a simple app that's like an old school screen saver that reacts to the music and can output video. Just as a simple way to provide some video to YouTube audio uploads. Anyone know if that exists?

I don't know of any on iOS that will export video, I spent a lot of time looking. I ended up going back to my desktop to do exactly what you said, reactive visuals, this is a good deal at $40: https://magicmusicvisuals.com

Unfortunately there's nothing with that depth on iOS, although Takete has a reactive element. Again though, not nearly as deep as what you can do on a computer, at least not yet.

• edited April 2016

@1nsomniak said:
    I'd like a simple app that's like an old school screen saver that reacts to the music and can output video. Just as a simple way to provide some video to YouTube audio uploads. Anyone know if that exists?

I was looking for something similar, and asked around a bit. Also, on my wishlist (but not a demand) was midi capability, as I figured it could be cool to control effects and such via MidiLFOs in sync with music etc.

I got the names of two apps (can't recall the names right now, it is 6am and I'm in a taxi to an airport, but can dig them out later if needed) that indeed are midi-able video apps, but I learnt a thing I had taken for granted actually wasn't on the feature list of either: recording the output video.

To me that felt like having all the features of Auria Pro but no "record" button. Clearly my expectation isn't common, everyone else just accepted the fact. For me it felt like watching a pink and yellow elephant sipping an espresso in a diner, and I'm the only one staring.

• I always look for that magic 'export' in the appstore description and it is almost never there.

• I think "generate" can record the output (it is audioreactive), but am not sure just now. Somebody nice posted "Fluid Automata" some time ago (@fjcblanco?) in the other thread, it does let you record the output, not audioreactive, though. You have to spend some time with this, to find its deeper functions (cameraview-integration etc.). I use it a lot for contentcreation... .

• Oh, and also "Megaphoto". This lets you create nice little videos of pictures or cameraview. Also not audioreactive. And "Imaengine", great!

• Generate just reacts to the microphone, if I'm not mistaken. You can kinda work it by playing audio loudly in the background while you're using it but it's not quite the same.

• @1nsomniak said:

Yes! There's an app called Matter which is used for compositing generated 3D objects onto still images, but it also has a music -> movement mode where the objects resize/rotate in time with any music you import. It's from a company called Pixite, and they have a whole suite of cheap apps for making cool patterns, geometric effects and other stuff. So between all of those, and perhaps something like iMovie you could achieve what you're after :)

• Thanks for the tips, generate looks promising.

@chimp_spanner I actually have Matter and didn't think of using it for this, I have made a few 5 second vids for Instagram and forgot about it, it has some cool fx for sure!

• Matter has been picked up by too many people, or at least it seems that way to me, I stopped using its video mode because it was seeming cliche. But that might be because i used it in 99% of my videos for like a year.

• Yes, man, I totally forgot about matter, thanks for reminding me. Great App!

• @1nsomniak said:

ProjectM but you have to use a screen recorder to record output

• @RedSkyLullaby said:

@1nsomniak said:

ProjectM but you have to use a screen recorder to record output

i did this vid for a bordelands based track i did using ProjectM. As well as reacting to the music the visuals also react to finger touches

• Nice job on the song and video @RedSkyLullaby I'll have to look into finding a screen recorder that my old iMac can keep up with, probably opens up a few possibilities.