Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Effects

I'm getting things put together finally, but i know very little about what apps for effects that are out there and what is the best and all that so i'm hoping all my good buddies here will hook me up and list all the best effects.

Comments

• This will get you started in seeing some of the effects out there. Specifically, it lists apps that can live in AB's effect slot.

https://audiob.us/apps/effects

In regards to what would be recommended, it really depends on what you're trying to accomplish. There are plenty of stand alone and multi-effects to choose from, and they can range from subtle to totally whacked.

• In your other thread you mentioned being a one man heavy metal band, Try Tonestack for all of your guitar effects needs, I think it works out at around $49 for the whole lot, but you can get the free ToneStack Go version to try it out.
    I have used ToneStack, Mobile POD (Line 6) and AmpKit - of them all I found ToneStack to be better for me, but I am sure many on here will have different opinions and preferences when it comes to this.
    BTW - I don't play heavy metal :D

I bought Turnado as an effect suite, and haven't used it as I find it very fiddly to operate, again others on here will swear by it, so be as open as you can about what you want to do when asking for feedback from peeps here to get advice more directed to your particular need.

:)

• I do, do the heavy metal thing and for that I prefer the Bias apps, I find that they offer the most realistic sounding amp models plus the amp models also react more realistically. So I have guitar effects covered. I was looking more for effects for when I'm mixing and when i'm doing my techno/trance projects. For instance among other things I do know I want the best compressors and eq's that I can get a hold of.

• Some of the best effects IMO are within Auria. They're pricier, but usually worth the extra cost. FabFilter effects, within Auria, are often cited with users here, and I'm quite fond of them as well.

• I have bought those already, but did not know if there were better or if there are any other effects that would help my EDM productions.

• @buzz98 said:
    I have bought those already, but did not know if there were better or if there are any other effects that would help my EDM productions.

I guess if you have auria and the plugins you are pretty much covered for 'utility' effects :)

• I would recommend ApeFilter even if you have the Auria fx. Then just collect others out of the list @funjunkie27 put up. Just get something that tickles ya fancy and soon you will have a shed load :p

Try to make sure anything you get is Audiobus and IAA compatible and don't bother with the rest.

• Got it, thanks guys

• I am one who would swear by Turnado - I don't find it fiddly at all, also don't forget it's partner in crime- WOW filterbox- perfect for your techno projects

• yea got that one already. I was always a fan of sugarbytes

• I like dfx and flux:fx due to the x-y pads, also live fx is in a similar vein. Maybe pioneer rmx-1000 as its tempo sync'ed, although I'd wait for a sale on that, cystalline is also a fav for pads and stuff. There is an effect called sequential that is a little like effectrix, good for loops.

The ranges by virsyn, aufx, amazing noises and klevgränd are worth a look, some great stuff, sunvox can also be used as an effect and some synths let you route audio thru there fx sections too.

• Lots of good effects out there. Beyond those in Auria, I like Turnado and really like FLUX.