Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

great tip for getting storage back!

i guess it works like those idoctor whatever apps,cleaning cache and temp files.I tried it on my phone and it works great BUT i hesitate to try it on my ipad yet.I remember that some had trouble with deleted presets (in iprophet maybe?) or maybe other missing stuff (but i can't remember exactly)after doing a"cleaning"with those doctor apps.

Although the amount of used cache and temp files is MASSIVE on my Air 2 now.It sucks.Looking at itunes it must be at least 5GB (from 128GB).It's tempting to clean that shit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/462isr/get_some_storage_back_by_trying_to_download_a/

A good movie is:lawrence of arabia (8+GB size).

Comments

• Crap, now I wish I had a 16gb iPad instead of 64 so I could use this trick. Nice find!

• I had 4.8gb free. Did the trick with HD two towers a few times. I now have 7.4gb free :o

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I had 4.8gb free. Did the trick with HD two towers a few times. I now have 7.4gb free :o

Finally you can download lotr! Can someone bump this thread up when I'll be out of storage?

• Tried 3 times but nothing gained

• Gained 600mb. Not to be sniffed at. Cheers Crabman.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    IPad also?

Hmmmm. Yes, I'm hiding in the back waiting for some brave soul to tell the iPad story also...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    IPad also?

Hmmmm. Yes, I'm hiding in the back waiting for some brave soul to tell the iPad story also...

Mine was my iPad Air 2 latest iOS

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    IPad also?

I tried it three times but my remaining space was still at 3.7 gig. Maybe I do have a pretty tight iPad. I used the Cleopatra movie. Just select to rent the HD version and a little circle comes up then the apple warning window stating that you don't have enough space and to select ok or go to settings to configure space or something like that.

First make sure you don't have at least 8 gigs otherwise you will purchase the rental. I think.

• Tried my ipad air 2, twice using War and Peace. Went from 3.9GB avail to 4.1, then the second time I tried it went to 6GB avail. Tried a 3rd and it looked like I was actually going to end up renting War and Peace, so I bailed out.

• @skiphunt said:
    Tried my ipad air 2, twice using War and Peace. Went from 3.9GB avail to 4.1, then the second time I tried it went to 6GB avail. Tried a 3rd and it looked like I was actually going to end up renting War and Peace, so I bailed out.

Very funny :) Quest is now upon us: What is the biggest/longest movie available to rent...?

• Tried with several (cleopatra being biggest at over 10 gig) with iPad Air on IOS 9.3 but didn't free anything. Anybody else freed up space with the same setup?

• Just went from 1.5 gig free to 4.2 on an Air2 9.3.1 with Cleopatra...

• Man gonna download some of my session band apps and bring my space down to dangerous levels and run the fix again and we'll see.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@skiphunt said:
    Tried my ipad air 2, twice using War and Peace. Went from 3.9GB avail to 4.1, then the second time I tried it went to 6GB avail. Tried a 3rd and it looked like I was actually going to end up renting War and Peace, so I bailed out.

Very funny :) Quest is now upon us: What is the biggest/longest movie available to rent...?

Just tried Cleopatra and bumped up to 9.8GB avail :)

• Worried that this was an April Fools joke and that I'd be renting a movie I didn't want, so I didn't do it. It asked me if I wanted to download the movie in HD, which is when I chickened out.

• edited April 2016

Amazing - just got back 2 gb's. Used Lawrence of Arabia (newer version)

• Great find @Crabman thanks!

So I assume this nifty little trick only works for full I devices? I have 35g left on my phone but I'm sure there is still some useless junk waiting to be removed. I know I don't "need" the space but my OCD wants my phone to be cleansed!

• edited April 2016

@TGiG said:
    Great find @Crabman thanks!

So I assume this nifty little trick only works for full I devices? I have 35g left on my phone but I'm sure there is still some useless junk waiting to be removed. I know I don't "need" the space but my OCD wants my phone to be cleansed!

it only works if you find a movie....bigger than 35GB :wink:
    Otherwise the"low on memory"message wouldn't popup (that prevents you from actually renting the movie) and ios doesn't clean up the room if it's not forced to do.

• @TGiG said:

Maybe it's about time we started an Approved Movie List and the hell with it. I'm going to start:

1. The Sweet Hereafter.
  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TGiG said:

Maybe it's about time we started an Approved Movie List and the hell with it. I'm going to start:

1. The Sweet Hereafter.

Great movie! Just rewatched the last half when it aired on tv here last week.

How about:

1. There Will Be Blood
  • Tried it several times with Cleopatra, but no change. However, I already run the Memory & Disk clean app which works pretty great at freeing up space. Perhaps the best 99 cents I ever spent.

• Night of the Hunter

• edited April 2016

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@skiphunt said:

Unfortunately, iTunes offers neither Shoah, Berlin Alexanderplatz, 24 Hour Psycho, or Chelsea Girls

• @JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@skiphunt said:

Unfortunately, iTunes offers neither Shoah, Berlin Alexanderplatz, 24 Hour Psycho, or Chelsea Girls

Wow. I know, I know. Should be a thread all to itself, but with Berlin Alexanderplatz and Shoah you have so much of the 20th century's history (and the cause and effect of before and after). Two great (and indeed bulky) pieces of film.

• @Halftone said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TGiG said:

1. The Sweet Hereafter.

Great movie! Just rewatched the last half when it aired on tv here last week.

How about:

1. There Will Be Blood

Def need to start a thread :) (Good movie you chose there....)

• I'm sure this works great until I try to use my alchemy presets...

• @Zetagy said:
    I'm sure this works great until I try to use my alchemy presets...

That's about right. I would say a good 75% of my fear and decisions are driven by '....but what will this do to Alchemy?'

• I could easily just delete loads of full-res photos I've got on my iPad for plenty more room, but I kinda like having lots of source images handy for when I get in a creative mood.

Was just curious if this worked. But I'm quitting while I'm ahead. ;)

• Alchemy seems to be ok so far.