Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Building the iOS Music Universe.

Drink a strong coffee while reading this the the full motivational impact..

We're operating inside an exciting niche. I wouldn't say this this area is 'booming' specifically (yet) but it's an area of specific interest which is growing, gaining attention, certainly has the potential to ride on it's own momentum and more excitingly direct it's own destiny! We're like the cavemen who first learned to make weapons! We're creating our own tools!.. only instead of finding rocks, branches and bones and thanking the heavens, we're granting tithe to giant godlike corporations who allow the architects of our craft to eat the crumbs that from their giant rose gold table!! (I digress. Let's keep it tight..)

The point here is that there is so much exciting development and captivating content floating around. Even the process of new apps being released and update cycles bringing new features is an addictive and fulfilling experience, let alone the art that is being built by content creators using these things to innovate, discover and express.

Anyone here who creates iOS Music and promotes through Facebook/Twitter etc, let's stir the pot a bit (or a lot!) and do what we can to contribute towards things growing at a faster pace and in the collective vision of our community.

Here are three easy steps for beginning building the infrastructure that will facilitate this:

1. Share your small collections of links here and let's all go and 'like' or 'follow' everyone else's pages/feeds. We'll all get a self-satisfying boost in numbers and walk around with a big smug grin for the rest of the day.
  2. 'Like' the pages/feeds of all the iOS Music developers you can think of. Worship these guys; they are our new gods. Go through your purchased apps list and track 'em down. If people can throw the names/links out for developers too, that'll get things moving faster. Same goes for iOS Music blogs.
  3. Everyone SHARE and COMMENT on each other's content and specifically push any content, news or updates from developers (these guys work for us so let's work for them). It's also important that we spread our attention across the whole spectrum. Post recommendations of other contemporary creators or developers to go check out. Get those back catalogs out onto your feeds (not all at once ;) ) so that we can circulate them around. Share and boost the lonely posts of little guy who's just experimenting with weird clips for their own fulfillment (these guys often make the most interesting work of all!).

Perhaps it could seem strange to share our 'competitors' content, so let's re-adjust our thinking! We're not competitors, we're contemporaries. What we are really making is not an individuals creation, but a contribution to a body of work that is greater than the sum of it's parts, which will carry it's individual components upwards and forwards on the wave of it's momentum.

The more connected our 'universe' can become and the more fluidly information and content flows within, the more mass and momentum we'll build, the more people we'll pull into our blossoming niche and the more our developers and content creators will be able to simply do their thing!
The best part.. in iOS Music we are all content creators!!

Oscar

https://www.facebook.com/Oscar-South-Bass-137470429612754/

https://twitter.com/oscarsouth

.. caffeine is a strong drug

Comments

• I think we're doing a fine job of this already. Mobile music is the future anyways. How many more years will desktops be popular? The process has started, Pandora is out of the box. I love it when I'm on a another music production forum and people are asking questions like "anyone know of a program that does xyz?" And I'm like "why yes I know several that do that and more on iOS" most of the time they're like "holy shit, I might have to get into all that"

• edited April 2016

@db909 said:
    Pandora is out of the box.

lol, I don't think you know what was inside pandoras box.
    (all the evils that plague mankind, when she closed it again, she left hope inside)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora's_box

• Toothpaste out of the tube?

• Fantastic write up there @OscarSouth ! I must admit though, we're one big, happy, loving, app-addicted, cynical, slightly bitter yet always optimistic, in a love-hate relationship with Apple, geeky, step ahead of ya!

• @db909 said:
    Toothpaste out of the tube?

right, I need to go and brush my teeth

• I feel like a whore every time i post links to 'check out my content,' i still feel dirty from yesterday, the soundcloud spambots have won, ipad eroticism will not lead us to any redemption or exit from this terror, etc etc.

• edited April 2016

@OscarSouth - I evangalize where I can - see youtu.be/0LHEKBCJex4, but you may want to touch base with @MusicInclusive. There is no more tireless champion for iOS rights, both here and on the iPad Musician's Group on Facebook (where they just call him "Derek") and elsewhere,

He definitively "walks the walk." :sunglasses:

• edited April 2016

@rhcball said:
    I feel like a whore every time i post links to 'check out my content,' i still feel dirty from yesterday, the soundcloud spambots have won, ipad eroticism will not lead us to any redemption or exit from this terror, etc etc.

my thoughts exactly
    well, it was a little shorter
    I just thought sounds like group masturbation. ^^

• edited April 2016

Haha, I'm starting to think I may have misjudged the user demographic on this board ;)
    I enjoyed your responses nonetheless! Thanks!

I attended a couple of big Tech expos last year and I'm projecting the fanatical tech startup bubble economy mentality of infinite possibility without tangible limits that you find in those places onto this userbase.

Nothing to see here. Go about your business!

..edges awkwardly towards the door..

• @rhcball said:
    I feel like a whore every time i post links to 'check out my content,' i still feel dirty from yesterday, the soundcloud spambots have won, ipad eroticism will not lead us to any redemption or exit from this terror, etc etc.

To be a published musician is to be a whore, and Soundcloud counts as publishing because the goods are on display. Of course we'd all prefer passersby stop and check out OUR wares rather than that new girl in town who just started working the corner across the street ...

I agree, it feels dirty. I doubt that ever changes much, even for superwhores with megapimps (TayTay on a major label, etc.). Hard to be humble in an industry synonymous with self-promotion, unless you create music exclusively for your pets. Even then ... :wink:

• @eustressor said:
    To be a published musician is to be a whore, and Soundcloud counts as publishing because the goods are on display. Of course we'd all prefer passersby stop and check out OUR wares rather than that new girl in town who just started working the corner across the street ...

I agree, it feels dirty. I doubt that ever changes much, even for superwhores with megapimps (TayTay on a major label, etc.). Hard to be humble in an industry synonymous with self-promotion, unless you create music exclusively for your pets. Even then ... :wink:

Very well put!

• edited April 2016

@OscarSouth
    don't let me stop your enthusiasm
    I am just riding this horse since 5 years, so I tend to get cynical about it
    its nice to see that spark in other peoples eyes :)
    I am pushing it anyway I can, I just do it differently.