Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Peak app sustenance conundrum

The amount of quality new music apps seems to be a bit thin on the ground so far this year compared to the same time last year ( excluding the wonderful aum ) , and the year before that or is it just me ? Do you think ? Not just synths , but there seems to be fewer sample manglers and FX coming onto the market yeah . Theres been a bit if a glut of beat making all-in-one type things , but you can only have so many of those lol . Have we reached ' peak app ' or is it just my inner appaholic tiny person inside expecting an ever increasing need for sustenance in an ever shrinking market ?

Comments

• Had some lovely expansion of apps though. Link for many apps. Great updates like Fugue Machine. Continued support for great apps like Drum Jam, Auria, Gadget and Ape Filter.

Getting to the point where the apps needed are few or those new unknown wonders.

Need a great keyboard layer sampler app or a great BM2 update.
    Would like more AU.
    Continued Link and improved midi spec for many.
    A really top class wave editor.

• First: can't remember what was happening one year ago.
    To name a few '16 quality and someway innovative apps: just any AU, ispark which is the first sampling instrument on ios(in my experience) with layering and actually I guess that's it. Also consider that we are lucky to live in a time where even major upgrades come for free/already paid.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Had some lovely expansion of apps though. Link for many apps. Great updates like Fugue Machine. Continued support for great apps like Drum Jam, Auria, Gadget and Ape Filter.

Exactly, this has been a great spring for maturation, and innovation. Less quantity, more quality.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Need a great keyboard layer sampler app or a great BM2 update.
    Would like more AU.
    Continued Link and improved midi spec for many.

get out of my head

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

This. With AUs, IAA.
    Would like to see a slide-over metering suite with scopes, meters, graph, phase and all that stuff.

• @mschenkel.it said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

This. With AUs, IAA.
    Would like to see a slide-over metering suite with scopes, meters, graph, phase and all that stuff.

For me the best thing about FL Studio is the incorporation of Edison wave editor, it's quite seamless to be ripping out bits of iOS recordings left and right, with all the tools right there, and as many instances on as many tracks as you like. If this was built into the iOS environment in the same way I might actually take seriously the possibility of not needing my computer (at least as far as music is concerned).

• edited April 2016

hm, I am still unsure about audio editors on iOS
    i've seen a few - and I don't like any of them
    I mean yes, It works - but how?
    to my astonishment I do not like to touch the waveforms to edit them
    this stuff I so easy to do with a mouse and keyboard shortcuts it just takes me seconds,
    on the iPad its swiping around forever ...
    so I do editing on the mac
    but I don't know, maybe adobe will come up with something tomorrow and it will be great? ^^

peak app no
    waiting for link support to pick up speed
    waiting for audiobus 3 to fix midi

a good classic sampler (akai 3000 like) is really missing, if it would do realtime stretch it would be even better
    there is no app for that ^^

and a polyphonic synth thats reads .scl & .tun

• No Adobe plz no. I just hate audition but for noise reduction. Even if the best wave editor out there still is audacity.

How could I forget about a real, good sampler? Thanks for the memo:)

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Had some lovely expansion of apps though. Link for many apps. Great updates like Fugue Machine. Continued support for great apps like Drum Jam, Auria, Gadget and Ape Filter.

Exactly, this has been a great spring for maturation, and innovation. Less quantity, more quality.

Thats what I mean though , lots of tweaking / evolving existing products , and some new beat making centres like ispark ( which I hate , actually ) but relatively few new synths FX and sample type apps compared to three month periods over the last few years . Dunno , just feels like there's less to spend my money on lol

• Peak app sustenance conundrum

@carol are you writing my song titles now :wink:

• @Jocphone said:

I dont mind if you use it lol

• @carol said:

@Jocphone said:

Until it becomes a worldwide hit and makes me millions, I would wager..? :neutral:

• @Jocphone said:

@carol said:

@Jocphone said:

Until it becomes a worldwide hit and makes me millions, I would wager..? :neutral:

Id naturally retain all worldwide publishing rights lol