Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to download audio from Archive.org using only iPad?

How can I download the public domain audio from Archive.org into an app like AudioShare... Or any app really... Using only my iPad?

AudioShare used to have a browser but I understand that Apple made them remove it. The Internet Archive app only plays the audio in-app (would be really cool if they supported AudioBus, or someone else made an app that streamed their content through AB).

In Safari if I click the download link from archive.org, it opens the MP3 file in the browser, but I can't figure out how to save it. Any solution??

Comments

• I tried recently and couldn't do it on my iPad.

• Perhaps GoodReader, or a similar file utility, or some other browser. I think it might be feasible with the iCabMobile browser.

• Haven't tried Archive.org but I typically use GoodReader for those tasks.

• Hmm, I don't see an option to download

• @gburks Goodreader can ^
    Scroll down to 'download options' on archive site, tap on any file, select 'download linked file' in GR's popup window, (top left tap on Downloads gets you back to the now loading file).

• I use an app called Downloads from the app store. it un zips zipped and rar files as well.

trying to see if it will work on archive.org, to download a smashing pumpkins concert, but I can't figure out how to download stuff on this site?

• edited March 2016

Some of the videos have down load links, but the audio I checked out was listed as Streaming only.

Maven+ allows you to download from Archive.org. The first time you play the clip (audio or video) there's a pop up that asks Download or Copy URL.

Couldn't find a way to get the url in Goodreader to download. I can get the url in Maven+ which can then be used in a number of apps to actually download.

• An ode to an AudioBus enabled browser, a BIG Apple no, no. Maybe hope and pray someone will do a port of Soundflower for iOS.

• Screw you, Apple, i'm just gonna hold my iphone speaker up to my ipad mic!

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Perhaps GoodReader, or a similar file utility, or some other browser. I think it might be feasible with the iCabMobile browser.

Yes, the iCabMobile browser works for this.

• I found one sound clip that included a ZIP file as one of the download options. I clicked the download arrow and it opened a new web page where it allowed me to Open In. I opened the ZIP file in AudioShare... It prompted me to unZIP in AudioShare, and brought the wave file in perfectly.

• @Ganthofer said:
    Couldn't find a way to get the url in Goodreader to download. I can get the url in Maven+ which can then be used in a number of apps to actually download.

What apps let you download audio files if you have the url?

• edited April 2016

Throwing Dolphin web browser into the ring. It's free and has a 'Save Link As' function if the download doesn't auto-start. From there you can 'open in' Audioshare et al.

• The Filebrowser App also lets you download from URL's then you can 'Open In' to transfer, but all in all it's a lot of messing especially if you need multiple files.

• Audioshare still has the browser available on my iPad and that is why Audioshare has not been updated yet on this one.

• EasyFTP Pro has a browser. I use this and FileBrowser.

Pro tip. These browsers work well with site that convert Youtube to mp l4 and MP3.

• @gburks said:

What apps let you download audio files if you have the url?

I use Maven+ mostly, as I can usually get the URL with it also. Goodreader will download (almost anything) if you can get the actual url.

• @richiehoop said:

@funjunkie27 said:
    Perhaps GoodReader, or a similar file utility, or some other browser. I think it might be feasible with the iCabMobile browser.

Yes, the iCabMobile browser works for this.

There´s several different web browsers who can download files...

• Why the heck would Apple allow 3rd parties to download and not implement it into safari?

• @TGiG said:
    Why the heck would Apple allow 3rd parties to download and not implement it into safari?

Copyright infringement concerns?...

• edited April 2016

@TGiG said:
    Why the heck would Apple allow 3rd parties to download and not implement it into safari?

As an test, just easily downloaded an MP3-file in iCabMobile for my iPad and open it in Auria Pro...

How more simple can it be ;-)

From archive.org

• edited April 2016

Safari is´nt always the best web browser...

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Safari is´nt always the best web browser...

But, you can not download files with bittorrents.