Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Geo-synth update problems

Damn yo. Now midi is terrible and crackles, crashes and in general works much worse. Unusable really, and before it was perfect.
Even in alesis dock the midi is bad?! Any help? IOS9 now

Comments

• Funny, this was happening on both my iPad, and my iPhone. When I upgraded to both to 9.3, my iPad Air 2 version of GeoSynth is running great. But I am getting serious crackle on the iPhone 6. This is a shame, because I want to use Geo Synth as a poor man's Geoshred on the iPhone.

• Geosynth is way better than geo shred. Unless you love the internal geo shred tones which are cool.

• Geo synth is un-usable on iOS 9 now. Maybe next update. Arghh

• No one else has this midi problem? I just updated (reluctantly) to latest version of 9. Let cha know if midi works again. Oh, and I am using alesis dock. morning yawl

• @oceansinspace said:
    No one else has this midi problem? I just updated (reluctantly) to latest version of 9. Let cha know if midi works again. Oh, and I am using alesis dock. morning yawl

What exactly is crackling? Are you sending MIDI from Geo to another app, which ones?

• I have had no problems, either on the phone or on the iPad. On 9.3.

I much prefer GeoShred over GeoSynth, the interface is nicer, and I do love it's sound. But yes, as a controller, has to be GeoSynth for now.

• @rickwaugh said:
    I have had no problems, either on the phone or on the iPad. On 9.3.

I much prefer GeoShred over GeoSynth, the interface is nicer, and I do love it's sound. But yes, as a controller, has to be GeoSynth for now.

Exactly.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@rickwaugh said:
    I have had no problems, either on the phone or on the iPad. On 9.3.

Exactly.

It's the nuances of GeoShred as an expressive controller that make it superior to Geosynth.

While GeoSynth is great as a controller, gesturally you can do more with Geoshred's sound engine, limited to internal presets.

I always considered GeoSynth a poor man's linnstrument.

• Im sending midi from alesis dock to a bass station 2. This worked flawlessly in the past ios8. I dig what yawl are saying about the geo shred expressive playing surface, but I'm a Stick player and need 8-10 strings. If geo shred gets midi and more strings it will be better. For my needs geo synth is best. Am I wrong about geo shred not having midi? Hails to both apps.
    -The crackling was insane. Also, it would just crash. I know the settings quite well in geo synth, and turned off all fx and made it a sine wave only and then even went into mono mode which is silly but that didn't work either. I still have to try since I updated last night to the newest iOS 9.

Thanks yawl

• I also tried poly mode with a few apps like nave and geo synth crashed. Really weird, my iPad has been almost flawless for a few years. I got an iPad 4 I think

• Just tested it out with Sunriser. No issues here. Try deleting and reinstalling.

• K, thanks I shall try that