Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What apps have you bought / DL this week ?

2»

Comments

• Voice Rack FX. :neutral:
    Auxy for iPhone. :-1:
    Navichord 2.0. :neutral:

Honestly I tried to feed my app addiction but ended up feeling like I wasted my money, what little of it there was. It is kind of like going to the donut shop, and not liking the donut but eating it anyway.

Voice Rack FX is kind of cool. But I found out I already had voice jam looper, so it felt like I made a duplicate purchase. Oh well, I should be more careful with my purchases.

Auxy for iPhone was one I had on my list for a long time. I got some money in my paypal so I enthusiastically purchased it based on what I had remembered. Honestly I like Figure a whole lot more, and Figure was only $1 at the time (free now).

Navichord 2.0 is kind of cool, I guess, but since I already have Chordion and Soundprism I didn't really need another chord based MIDI controller. And I always forget about Firo. I felt like I was a bit greedy with this one. Oh well, $5 to the developer who seems like a super nice guy, is responsive and present on this and other forums I frequent, so I don't feel bad about this one.

However perhaps this will be the realization that I have a ton of apps already, don't really need any others until I start making awesome music with the ones I have. Pressing buttons is not going to make up for lack of musicianship. I'm done for a while. Back to playing my guitar.

• Not sure if mine span a bit more than a week but, this week I has mostly been downloading:

SoundPrism Link
    Kilmer
    VoiceXTrain

• edited February 2016

@cabo said:
    all about chord progression this week

ChordPolyPad
    Navichord
    Klimper

.. ah, and Loopacks (free) (not sure if I will use this or what for I could)

just added SessionBand Drums and Ukulele (both on sale right now)

I thought the uke version might be good for my own ukulele practices, playing with an expert, rhythmical exercises and such, and I'll surely also find some use for the drums here and there

now I gotta free up some space on my iPad

.. äh, ja .. and VoiceJam Studio Looper (bundle completed)

• Just got GeoShred the other day, which I think is a real blast. Have long been a fan of Julius O. Smith and his physical modeling research at Stanford, , which underlies the sound engine. Sounds are great, expressiveness of the interface is great. Feel like it was money well spent.

• Just got modstep out of rage. Spent the whole morning trying to sync SeekBeats and a MicroTera arp patch with an infinity of possible setups. Finally, after some fiddling also with modstep I've managed to get some kind of sync. It was really driving me nuts.