Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Share "delete" function

Ok, I have a loop or a piece of audio that I want to cut a part OUT. But the part to delete is not an extremity. It is inside of the loop.

I have not found a way to do that in AS.... I can only save, etc...but not delete unwanted part of audio. Is it possible in Audioshare?

Comments

• @soundklinik you can use the Caustic Editor for Volca Sample by Rejean Poirier to import a loop from AudioShare and then use the remove function in the edit menu. After that you can export the loop back to AudioShare. There is no way to do this only with AudioShare.

• In my truly humble opinion AudioShare could really use a more advanced sample-editor with similar features to what can be found in AudioCopy.app. AudioShare is miles ahead of AudioCopy.app when it comes to handling files but sample-editing is one area where it's unfortunately left a little bit behind.

• edited February 2016

Thank you guys :)
    @Paul , thanks will check that out, was hoping to do everything inside AS...

@Samu , absolutely, would be nice, even a simple feature like when you choose a start and end of a part to be trimmed, being able to zoom just in that area...for better visibility...

PS. Paul, that's a really good app, does just what I needed and more.

• @soundklinik said:
    Thank you guys :)
    @Paul , thanks will check that out, was hoping to do everything inside AS...

@Samu , absolutely, would be nice, even a simple feature like when you choose a start and end of a part to be trimmed, being able to zoom just in that area...for better visibility...

you can zoom into an area in Audioshare - just tap and hold the spot you want zoomed.

• @Halftone said:
    you can zoom into an area in Audioshare - just tap and hold the spot you want zoomed.

Thanks, I know that part, I was talking about once you select a small part of a loop (to be saved), to be able to zoom the selected part to see it better...las that what you're talking about?

• There are other sample editors available, but honestly it's quite easy to do a 'roundtrip' and send the sample to AudioCopy (Using 'Open In...') and then back to AudioShare using AudioPaste.

Also the colour-scheme of AudioShare is quite hard on my eyes for proper editing, so if AudioShare gets an improved sample-editor I hope it will get alternate colour-scheme as well, but first I'd rather se Mr. AudioShare finish the new AUM, add link to Sector and 'AU' the effects :)

• My Audioshare editor is Twisted Wave, which works brilliantly. I do wish the functions (or at least some of them) were inside AS.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    My Audioshare editor is Twisted Wave, which works brilliantly. I do wish the functions (or at least some of them) were inside AS.

I'm mostly using TwistedWave for editing but there is one annoyance that is yet to be fixed and it's the automatic 'zero snap' when making selections, there is not even an option ti turn it off in the iOS version.

This something Thomas the developer is considering to add to the iOS version together with an option to show the time-line in samples and not only time. The iOS version is based on the Mac Desktop version (I've got both) which is pretty fully featured, and some of the features are slowly being ported over to the iOS version when users request them.

There is alarmingly little feedback to the developer regarding the iOS version of TwistedWave so If someone has ideas it would be a good idea to forward them to Thomas to keep the apps iOS development alive :)

• I think TW is brilliant. I agree with Samu regarding updates. It doesn't need much though.

• edited February 2016

I thought it was only me, i have been asking for additional editing features in AudioShare for some time now and @Samu thats the area where AudioCopy outshine AudioShare.

• edited February 2016

Thank you all so much for your input :).... I was thinking that it was me not knowing how to use the app...(wouldn't be for first time) lol...such a basic feature...it should be almost mandatory....in a sophisticated app like AS...

I wonder why he @kymatica doesn't update, improve or fix it?...Maybe because people use apps that have it? TW?
    Audioshare is my favourite app for audio.

• @djjuniorpops said:
    I thought it was only me, i have been asking for additional editing features in AudioShare for some time now and @Samu thats the area where AudioCopy outshine AudioShare.

That's true, but for 'recording' AudioShare still beats AudioCopy big time. I mean it's not even possible to monitor the input signal AudioCopy.app and no way to apply effects either, all this is possible in AudioShare minus the more advanced sample-editing.

I have 'mentioned' many ways in which AudioCopy.app could be improved but the eyes & ears seem to be closed at the 'R-Factory', I mean they do know to 'how do it' but I guess it's a prioritising thing.

I mean 'strip out' the IAA-Sampling & Turntable iTunes-Import from iMPC Pro add Input-Monitoring, iOS-FileProvider/FilePicker support and get rid of the 44.1Khz 16-Bit Limit and BOOM AudioCopy.app would start to shine really bright, heck I'd even be prepared to pay for it!

• The one AS thing I would like is a metronome.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The one AS thing I would like is a metronome.

That would be nice but I'm thinking there will be no need for that once AUM is out :)

• @Samu said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The one AS thing I would like is a metronome.

That would be nice but I'm thinking there will be no need for that once AUM is out :)

BUT I WANT MY METRONOME DAMMIT! :)