Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Noob needs help choosing iPad apps for MAudio Keystation49

I am a bit too overwhelmed with the amounts of music apps in the Apple Store, so I am open to suggestions. I am looking for good basic sounds.. Pianos, synths, melletrons, etc. I am not too interested in drum machines and sequencing, just want keyboard sounds. I don't mind spending some money, but not a crapton... Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. I have downloaded M3000 and I like it but it is a bit limited. Thanks!

Comments

• edited February 2016

Synthmaster player is free and if you register(don't have to use real email) you get a bonus 100 presets. Quality sounds for free. You could start there.
    http://appshopper.com/music/synthmaster-player

For synth sounds unfortunately you just missed isem and imini 50% off sales. ended feb2
    There are others though and those will be back on sale.
    Thor was on sale for $5 as well until last month now $15.

BUT other decent free ones are
    TF7
    Yamaha Synthbook
    Nanologue
    (^not sure if these come with midi for your keyboard)

Lorentz is relatively cheap and supposed to be good. I haven't tried it.

• edited February 2016

Korg IM1 will give you a variety of good basic sounds. Also, Korg Gadget is a good choice.

KORG iM1 by KORG INC.
    https://appsto.re/us/2phL5.i

KORG Gadget for iPad by KORG INC.
    https://appsto.re/us/NeUjV.i

• Igrand (different pianos and some harpsichords)
    Module (pianos, electric pianos, organ, clav, and some synths, strings and brass)
    Galileo organ (organs)
    Ilectric piano (different electric pianos)
    Mk sensation (12 sounds that include 4 pianos, 4 electric pianos, 2 synth pads, brass, strings.)
    CMP grand piano (4 piano variations)
    Neo soul keys (5 electric piano variations)
    Sopranotron (female voices)
    Icathedral organ (church organ)
    Isymphonic orchestra, oriental strings, (mainly strings in both but also every other orchestral instrument and voices)
    Heavy brass (brass sounds)
    Jordantron (basically synth sounds)
    Ruckers 1628 (harpsichord)
    Roland sound canvas, Sampletank, im1 (this three apps cover basically every category of sounds present in a GM keyboard (pianos, electric pianos, drums, bass, guitar, brass, wood winds, synth pad, synth lead, chromatic percussion, FX sounds, voices, ethnic, in sampletank there are some mellotron sounds)
    Bs-16i, soundfont pro (any sound you want just have to find the right soundfont)
    GarageBand (it's a DAW but it includes very good sounds and it's free)

I'm probably missing a lot and then there are also the actual synths like imini, synthmaster player, ipolisix, isem, animoog, Tera synth, iprophet, sunrizer, nave, Laplace, Nlog pro, Magellan, CZ and lots more.

The best would be to hear some sound demos from each app (there are for most), check their functionality and decide from there.

• edited February 2016

iGrand comes in a free variety and has a great piano for your Keystation.
    Sampletank has a free version too.
    Dude, do you live in Kilgore?

• What sorta music are you into making @kilgore777?. for example SampleTank has basic guitars, pianos, strings, horns etc.. Cyclop for dubstep, Magellan a great analogue synth emulation, Nave a good all rounder, pads and experimental sounds.

• Korg Module is great sounding piano, Rhodes/Wurlitzer, clav

Galileo is a great organ app. You can hide the keys and have all of the controls on one screen.

iM1 if you think 90's workstation keyboards are cool.

Synths is hard. There are many good ones. I get the impression you are a keyboard player rather than a deep tweaking sound scientist. Animoog is very nice and analog sounding. Thor if you ever had Reason. Lorentz if you crave simplicity (one page), much like an updated Juno 106. Sunrizer is also simple and reminds me of the Nord Leads. FM4 for 80's, DX7 sounds. I like iMS-20 with midi keyboard, because you can hide the keys, and get a nice zoomed in view of the knobs. It is monophonic tho. iProphet has good presets.

I am happy with Manetron2 for melotron sounds.

• edited February 2016

Jordantron has some pretty good sounds too

Jordantron by Wizdom Music LLC
    https://appsto.re/gb/eiaM1.i

• All,

Wow, thanks for you quick response.... still overwhelmed but now I have specific apps to check out. I appreciate all the responses and will check them all out.... thanks again!

NoiseHorse - no, I am not from Kilgore..... I am a big Kurt Vonnegut fan (name came from Kilgore Trout).

Cheers!