Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Glitchbreaks

Smile on my face this morning! Glitchbreaks got an update for iOS 9 and it now includes link support! :-)
Hoping cubasis get link on the next update!!

Comments

• So stoked! just bought it during the last sale and have been having a blast. One question though, know if theres a way to make all 4 pads play at once? I accidentally got two going at the same time for a moment but it fell back to one pad when I touched something.

• Oops. I had forgotten that I own this already. Redownloading onto my iPad 4 to see if I need to put it on the Air 2.

• edited February 2016

Putting it onto my Air 2 now. I'm not even sure what Glitchbreaks is (genre-wise), but I remember having fun with this. Not sure why it didn't make the cut when I got the Air 2 and left it off of it.

• @MrNezumi

Let us know how you get on, I never bought it for my Air2 as it had not been updated for awhile :)

• I'm guessing Cubasis won't get Link. I don't see DAWs without stretchy audio slaving to the Link tempo. It would be nice though.

@Nu2moro said:
    Smile on my face this morning! Glitchbreaks got an update for iOS 9 and it now includes link support! :-)
    Hoping cubasis get link on the next update!!

• edited February 2016

@t0dk0n said:
    So stoked! just bought it during the last sale and have been having a blast. One question though, know if theres a way to make all 4 pads play at once? I accidentally got two going at the same time for a moment but it fell back to one pad when I touched something.

If you turn on the mixer where you set levels for each pad it previews the ones you are setting the volume for so you can adjust the overall mix, otherwise this isn't an official feature. I can add it to my list though :)

• @Fruitbat1919

Since you asked: I had a chance to play around with Glitchbreaks for a little while. Worked great on my Air 2 / latest OS. I imported stuff from Egoist via Audioshare smoothly. Didn't try the general clipboard. I linked it with Elastic Drums via Audiobus and that worked well. I had a blast juggling the imported beats with the four pads at the bottom of Glitchbreaks and tweaking the glitch controls above them. But, I'm not sure if I'll ever actually use any of this in a finished song. I'm going to invest some more time into it to see where it takes me though.

• @distraub said:

If you turn on the mixer where you set levels for each pad it previews the ones you are setting the volume for so you can adjust the overall mix, otherwise this isn't an official feature. I can add it to my list though :)

hmm, that would be super rad! I can see some great ideas developing by glitching out all four tracks simultaneously then dropping a few in and out at at time to build different variations.

• @MrNezumi said:
    @Fruitbat1919

Since you asked: I had a chance to play around with Glitchbreaks for a little while. Worked great on my Air 2 / latest OS. I imported stuff from Egoist via Audioshare smoothly. Didn't try the general clipboard. I linked it with Elastic Drums via Audiobus and that worked well. I had a blast juggling the imported beats with the four pads at the bottom of Glitchbreaks and tweaking the glitch controls above them. But, I'm not sure if I'll ever actually use any of this in a finished song. I'm going to invest some more time into it to see where it takes me though.

Thanks for the feedback :)

• How's this app for things other than beats?

Also, does it run into clicking noises, or does it have a micro fade system in place?

• I really really like his other app Sliver. I think its fairly underrated...

• @1P18 said:
    How's this app for things other than beats?

Also, does it run into clicking noises, or does it have a micro fade system in place?

I use it for juggling short bursts of noises, sound effects...
    I have never encountered any unwanted clicking noises with it.

• It's glitchy clicks kinda go with the territory don't they ;)

• I thought he said Ticks, but that's my eye glitching to the music ;)

• @distraub said:

@t0dk0n said:
    So stoked! just bought it during the last sale and have been having a blast. One question though, know if theres a way to make all 4 pads play at once? I accidentally got two going at the same time for a moment but it fell back to one pad when I touched something.

Happy about Link (Link makes me happy) and that your list is still alive (and you too :)).

• edited February 2016

@BiancaNeve said:
    It's glitchy clicks kinda go with the territory don't they ;)

Good point. I was viewing more as a slicer than what it really is: a glitcher. After viewing some videos it definitely confirms this. You think I would have learned this from the app's name.

• edited February 2016

We are gradually getting everything Linked up. GlitchLinks is an awesome use for the Link tech. Thanks Mr developer dude, I shall send you a stellar review!

• Was always put off GL because of (shame me now for my trivial true nature) how it looked. Presumed it was a pretend something or other, which with this dev seems unlikely. Anyway, on board now and thinking (penance maybe?) of buying the BreakLoops Volumes 1 & 2; anyone like 'em?

• I'm rediscovering glitches breaks after link was added. this app is pretty sweet. trying to remember what all the buttons do.
    What does the crosshair button do on the r/h side of the screen? does anybody know?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Was always put off GL because of (shame me now for my trivial true nature) how it looked. Presumed it was a pretend something or other, which with this dev seems unlikely. Anyway, on board now and thinking (penance maybe?) of buying the BreakLoops Volumes 1 & 2; anyone like 'em?

I primarily use it for mangling noises, but I do have BreakLoops 1 and they sound solid.

• The crosshair button snaps you back onto the beat if you re-trigger or glitch yourself off the beat, (handy if you change the pitch, or have quantize off). With link it will auto snap back onto the beat at each phase.

And BreakLoops Volume 2 is brand new :)

Thanks everyone, let me know if you have anymore questions, and I would love to hear what everyone is doing with it.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Was always put off GL because of (shame me now for my trivial true nature) how it looked. Presumed it was a pretend something or other, which with this dev seems unlikely. Anyway, on board now and thinking (penance maybe?) of buying the BreakLoops Volumes 1 & 2; anyone like 'em?

I primarily use it for mangling noises, but I do have BreakLoops 1 and they sound solid.

Thanks Mister Jeff.

• @distraub said:
    The crosshair button snaps you back onto the beat if you re-trigger or glitch yourself off the beat, (handy if you change the pitch, or have quantize off). With link it will auto snap back onto the beat at each phase.

And BreakLoops Volume 2 is brand new :)

Thanks everyone, let me know if you have anymore questions, and I would love to hear what everyone is doing with it.

Thanks for the heads up and I will make the vast decision about investing in Vol 2 after trying out Vol 1 :)