Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone here with a Qunexus?

I was going to order one today but i just came across some stuff online about pad sensitivity issues so i just wanted to check, if anyone has a newer one, whether the pads are equally sensitive and responsive or it's been addressed through firmware updates. Also how is the pitch bend sensor? Thanks!

Comments

• @musikmachine There is a free PC software editor you can use to change the response of the pads for the MIDI it sends out.

• Their K-board keyboard doesn't have all of the features of the QuNexus but does have an app to edit its parameters and costs less whereas there isn't an app to edit the QuNexus.

• @musikmachine:
    @Paul:

Sometimes, the sensitivity issue cannot be fixed even with the editor. It is a shame really since it is such a good controller otherwise.

• Hey, thanks! Didn't know that existed.

@Paul said:
    Their K-board keyboard doesn't have all of the features of the QuNexus but does have an app to edit its parameters and costs less whereas there isn't an app to edit the QuNexus.

• @SirKen said:
    @musikmachine:
    @Paul:

Sometimes, the sensitivity issue cannot be fixed even with the editor. It is a shame really since it is such a good controller otherwise.

>

@Paul This is what i was getting at, it's an issue on older models but apparently was fixed in newer ones. Thanks for the tip on the app.

I'm still wondering how good sensitivity is overall, it looks really good from the videos but it's hit or miss in reality.

• Not sure where you are but I know GC carries them and my local guitar store even has them, is there somewhere you could go test one??? Sensitivity is subjective...

• @Cassetteur said:
    Not sure where you are but I know GC carries them and my local guitar store even has them, is there somewhere you could go test one??? Sensitivity is subjective...

Travelling's a bit of a problem for me but this is an online deal i'd worked out so wanted to be pretty sure before placing the order.

• So is the K-Board better then?

• I have the same problem with my qunexus, and it's not resolvable with the software (which does exist for qunexus).

That said, I emailed them, and they said to bring it by, and I just haven't yet (we're both in Berkeley).

I REALLY like it conceptually, and I am hoping to resolve the issue, rather than replace with a different brand. It is SO yummily portable.

• Thanks, sorry should have clarified i meant pad wise. I was just looking at that, Qunexus does have the extra tilt functions and channel pad rotation. I don't really have need for the cv atm but i thought it would be have it there if i get some analogs in the future.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    I have the same problem with my qunexus, and it's not resolvable with the software (which does exist for qunexus).

That said, I emailed them, and they said to bring it by, and I just haven't yet (we're both in Berkeley).

I REALLY like it conceptually, and I am hoping to resolve the issue, rather than replace with a different brand. It is SO yummily portable.

How old is yours and how bad is it in practice; I read it was fixed in newer models from someone who used to work at KMI.

• What it does offer is protection against watermelons...

• Gotta watch out for those watermelons! :D

• edited February 2016

@musikmachine said:

How old is yours and how bad is it in practice; I read it was fixed in newer models from someone who used to work at KMI.

one of the earlier ones. hmmm, i wonder if they will replace?

p.s. pretty bad in practice.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    What it does offer is protection against watermelons...

Yeah, that's Berkeley... Hippies...

• @Cassetteur said:

@funjunkie27 said:
    What it does offer is protection against watermelons...

Yeah, that's Berkeley... Hippies...

Look how nice the weather is in the vid. Just a few hundred yards from the San Francisco Bay, and the wind blows through the Golden Gate in the summer to cool us off.

@musikmachine said:

one of the earlier ones. hmmm, i wonder if they will replace?

I think the store would fix or replace if it's still in warranty. Contacted their chat support earlier, will see what they say.

p.s. pretty bad in practice.

Look how nice the weather is in the vid. Just a few hundred yards from the San Francisco Bay, and the wind blows through the Golden Gate in the summer to cool us off.

Oh, I'd be there in a hot sec if I could afford it, maybe Hayward...

• Like mine (Chrimble present) but the power connection thingie only works half the time. Need to send it back. Must get up. Stay awake. Remember...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Like mine (Chrimble present) but the power connection thingie only works half the time. Need to send it back. Must get up. Stay awake. Remember...

Yeah the cable supplied seems to break easily, I just used a different one and it works much better.

• Just a quick update, i ordered, needed the other gear and hopefully will have it in time for the weekend. Must purchase some fresh watermelons in preparation! :)

• I got it yesterday, only had a had play with the controller, not installed the software or anything but the keys are nice and responsive.

The pitch bend is terrible though, only seems to work to the right and moves a few semitones and the tilt is a bit erratic, can you tweak them pretty well with the editor?

• @Carnbot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Like mine (Chrimble present) but the power connection thingie only works half the time. Need to send it back. Must get up. Stay awake. Remember...

Yeah the cable supplied seems to break easily, I just used a different one and it works much better.

Thanks for the tip Boss...

• no problem with the supplied cable here. I actually like that cable very much because it has an angled plug.

When working with USB hubs there may be MIDI connection issues from time to time (MIDI port not recognised), but that happens with other class compliant keyboards as well (KMI Xkey for example). Re-inserting the plug should solve the problem immediately.

• If you are using it to bridge between a computer and a modular system, there are some noise issues. The noise can be avoided by turning off all the LEDs, (and possibly by using an external power unit) but it's an irritating design fault.

• @Phil999 said:
    no problem with the supplied cable here. I actually like that cable very much because it has an angled plug.

When working with USB hubs there may be MIDI connection issues from time to time (MIDI port not recognised), but that happens with other class compliant keyboards as well (KMI Xkey for example). Re-inserting the plug should solve the problem immediately.

I forgot how bad the KMI cables were, the one for my Quneo was too short and broke not long after i got it, the Qunexus loses connection when i wobble it! Why can't they include a decent cable? They tout the build quality but include a cable like that, what's the point? :D

I've connected it to my hub, seems fine but i can't see the cable lasting long, we'll see! I've got a spare anyway.

• I hate micro USB plugs and sockets. It's not good for music instruments. I hope the USB C plug/socket will be better, otherwise we will always have problems with connectors, or always have to take special care.

Recently I purchased a couple of premium micro USB cables, much better. Not the sound of course, the connection. It's tighter, good plugs, and long enough (1.8m, 3m) so that the plug/cable can be fixed so that it does't move.

• @bennorland said:
    If you are using it to bridge between a computer and a modular system, there are some noise issues. The noise can be avoided by turning off all the LEDs, (and possibly by using an external power unit) but it's an irritating design fault.

Think i read of that issue with the beatstep pro as well so is it a Qunexus issue or an issue with connecting gear?

• My 12 Step had a flaky USB socket so I had to get it replaced. The cable they sent was good in my case, though.