Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MegaCurtisBig updated

MegaCurtisBig by The Strange Agency LLC
https://appsto.re/us/CwnR_.i

Comments

• @anickt said:
    MegaCurtisBig by The Strange Agency LLC
    https://appsto.re/us/CwnR_.i

Good news, seems like the team is listening to their user base.

• Nice, best do a delete and reinstall for this because the update broke midi for me but fixed it after doing that. I still get the same bug when I put it in the background and return to the app though.

• @Carnbot said:
    Nice, best do a delete and reinstall for this because the update broke midi for me but fixed it after doing that. I still get the same bug when I put it in the background and return to the app though.

Can't get MIDI to work at all on this. Nothing sees it. What's the secret?

• @anickt said:

@Carnbot said:
    Nice, best do a delete and reinstall for this because the update broke midi for me but fixed it after doing that. I still get the same bug when I put it in the background and return to the app though.

I just deleted the app and reinstalled it. Then it could respond to midi controller input. I'm on ios 9.1 Air2 if that makes a difference.

• @Carnbot said:

@anickt said:

@Carnbot said:

I just deleted the app and reinstalled it. Then it could respond to midi controller input. I'm on ios 9.1 Air2 if that makes a difference.

Is that to an external device or an iOS sequencer etc? None of my iOS apps (MIDISteps for example) see it. I'm on Air 1 9.2.1

• @anickt said:

@Carnbot said:

@anickt said:

@Carnbot said:

Is that to an external device or an iOS sequencer etc? None of my iOS apps (MIDISteps for example) see it. I'm on Air 1 9.2.1

Both. But it's only really useable with an external controller like a midi keyboard for me right now. I tried with Midi steps and Fugue machine and it does sort of work but when I switch to Fugue or Midisteps the audio and or background midi in MegaCurtisbig stops working, audio becomes distorted etc If I restart MCB and focus on the app it starts working again so it has to be open on screen for it to work for me.

Definitely quite a few bugs here, I should probably email the devs.

Some cool midi things are possible though. By fluke a touch slider I have on an external controller can control the sample marker back and forth, not sure which cc this is.

• Interesting. I can't get MIDI to work at all. I tweeted them about it.

• A question if anyone can help!
    Is it possible to select an area of recorded audio to loop and then play chromatically via MIDI in?
    Cheers.

• The app still goes silent when I paste in my own samples :(
    iPad Air 2, iOS9.2.1...

Don't know if it's the app or the usage of a buggy version AudioCopy SDK...

• I can only use an external MIDI keyboard. I can paste in samples using the general pasteboard from AudioShare and can select a portion of the sample for playback.

• @Paul said:
    I can only use an external MIDI keyboard. I can paste in samples using the general pasteboard from AudioShare and can select a portion of the sample for playback.

Guess I should dump AudioCopy.app completely then because MagaCurtisBig defaults to browsing the content in AudioCopy.app when pressing the paste button and ignores what is present in the general pasteboard :(

• @Samu said:

@Paul said:
    I can only use an external MIDI keyboard. I can paste in samples using the general pasteboard from AudioShare and can select a portion of the sample for playback.

Guess I should dump AudioCopy.app completely then because MagaCurtisBig defaults to browsing the content in AudioCopy.app when pressing the paste button and ignores what is present in the general pasteboard :(

Yepp, that's it, don't even have to select a file, it's enough to press paste and let AudioCopy.app start and it kills the sound in MegaCurtisBig....

• @Samu said:

@Samu said:

@Paul said:

Yepp, that's it, don't even have to select a file, it's enough to press paste and let AudioCopy.app start and it kills the sound in MegaCurtisBig....

Another nail in AudioCopy's coffin.

• @rhcball said:

@Samu said:

@Samu said:

@Paul said:

Another nail in AudioCopy's coffin.

Yepp, I wish all apps could automatically get 'AudioCopy/Paste' replaced by iOS-Filepicker/iCloud Drive.

There is no real need for the AudioCopy.app. We already have AudioShare, DropBox, iCloud Drive, Documents 5, FileHub and other apps to manage our files with.

• ouch. ios 9 or above too.
    just in case the developers frequent this forum, any chance of ios8 compatibility in future?

• edited February 2016

Bump to try and get attention from elusive devs!
    iOS 8 support in future version?

(Sorry if this is an unreasonable request or not technically possible)

• FR: scaled GUI for iPad Pro