Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A new drone synth: Fong Phone

http://www.fongphone.com

No AudioBus, or sound examples. Looks like a low key (pun not intended) project, but sometimes those are the best. Even though it looks very basic, I am curious.

Comments

• Has a nice looking interface.

• Actually, no info at all.

• If someone feels adventurous... just gotta download the source and build it :sunglasses:
    Or pay 1 buck lol

• It's a bit buggy at present on screen touch ! Not bad sounds shame has no outs could record into field recorder using second IOS unit that's about it.

• Shame that Scape didn't get on the Bus?

• Hey, thanks for the shout out, and yes while lowkey is correct I do think it's a pretty fun little tool with a nice range. For those that are still curious and haven't taken the leap, you can watch a tutorial here: https://t.co/NAeLg2iFKh

As to AudioBus support, we're currently talking about it, but because we did the app in Web Audio for cross platform purposes I'm not sure how realistic that is. I've started looking at the Amazing Audio Engine though, might have some experiments there to post sometime soon.

• How is it used? No way to get the sounds easily to a project then? Surely there are other export options considering it is not on the bus?

• @andrewallred said:
    For those that are still curious and haven't taken the leap, you can watch a tutorial here: https://t.co/NAeLg2iFKh

Nice, bro! That's what we needed :smiley: Hope I still have some store credits lol
    Congrats on the release

• @Tritonman I think for Round One we had scoped it like a standalone instrument (ie plug it into your mixed) just to get it out the door, but we're talking about approaches to that now. Web Audio makes some things easy, but it's gonna make that a little more complicated I think.

• @senhorlampada Thanks dude! If you did end up checking it out lemme know, I'd love to hear your feedback :)

• @andrewallred said:
    @senhorlampada Thanks dude! If you did end up checking it out lemme know, I'd love to hear your feedback :)

I did check it out, and I liked it. :wink:
    Just got in doubt relating scales... But i'll buy it and give a deeper feedback

• It's nice standalone and the video gives a good sense of what it can do. This app seems like it'd be very usable on an iPhone. I agree with the others about wanting a way to integrate it with the rest of our music flow.

• Drones are my catnip. It is a fun little device that would be even more fun with AB, of course.

• @Paul @JeffChasteen Thanks for the comments, always good to hear someone enjoying your work. I'm currently brainstorming around how to do AB integration with the Web Audio API and I don't know that it's impossible, but it certainly could be. Have you all done any dev work here? I'm wondering about resources or people I could bounce ideas off of.