Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Problems Using Ampkit And Soundcard

Hello,

i use Audiobus, Ampkit and an external soundcard Tascam IUR.

When i play my guitar i only hear the original sound of the guitar not wit the effect from ampkit. If i record it for example in loopy and play it i hear the sound with effect from ampkit.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• It sounds like you may have direct monitoring enabled. I don't know if your device has this though. If enabled it plays the incoming audio straight to the headphones with no processing.

• Hey Andy,

thanks for your answer but i didn´t understand if you mean with device my soundcard or my iphone.
    the thing is: i first have a mic and a guitar in my soundcard and i didnt remember what i have done with the channels in audiobus but the guitar plays the sound with the effect from ampkit, but the sound of the mic was muffled. Than i upgraded audiobus and make the incoming 2 channels. one with no effect and mic one with ampkit and guitar. but after that the mic was clear but the guitar didn´t play the effect no more.
    Didnt know what was different before that it works with the effect????

• @Sascha said:
    Hey Andy,

thanks for your answer but i didn´t understand if you mean with device my soundcard or my iphone.
    the thing is: i first have a mic and a guitar in my soundcard and i didnt remember what i have done with the channels in audiobus but the guitar plays the sound with the effect from ampkit, but the sound of the mic was muffled. Than i upgraded audiobus and make the incoming 2 channels. one with no effect and mic one with ampkit and guitar. but after that the mic was clear but the guitar didn´t play the effect no more.
    Didnt know what was different before that it works with the effect????

I meant your sound card. I don't have the one you have so cannot say for certain. I also no longer use AmpKit so am unsure of how it handles the audio channels, 2 x mono or 1 stereo.

Are you certain that your soundcard works as 2 x mono tracks and not just as 1 x stereo ? and that you can select each channel individually within audiobus ?
    If so then make sure that the zero monitoring feature is not turned on, when you play you should then hear audio with the effect applied.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Are you certain that your soundcard works as 2 x mono tracks and not just as 1 x stereo ? and that you can select each channel individually within audiobus ?
    If so then make sure that the zero monitoring feature is not turned on, when you play you should then hear audio with the effect applied.

yes my soundcard has 2 channels. in audiobus i can select the input channel 1 or channel 2.
    but where can find zero monitoring feature to turn off?

thanks in advance ;)

• For your device I do not know, is there a switch for it on the device ? try searching google for it.

• ah ok i understand. but there is no switch and i didnt find something at google :(
    i only find that the soundcard has a "A zero-latency monitoring path" but nothing about to switch off or go beside it.

what i wonder about is that it was working in the first set up i had.

Maybe someone solved this problem?

Thanks very much for all your help and ideas Andy. If you have any other idea let me know ;)

• Only other suggestions I have is to trywith the least amount of parts first and then add a piece into the chain each time.

So just ampkit in stereo first.
    Then mic left channel guitar right channel into ampkit
    Then add in audiobus

Keep going until it stops working and that should give you an idea where the problem lies.

Sorry i can't be much more help :neutral: