Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster Player update just out

Comments

• Thanks for the update.

Still a minor problem, SM Player can not do 'bouncing track' and 'mixdown' on Auria midi channel when it seated as an IAA midi instrument.

• Something to do with Synthmaster being an IAA Instrument, rather than Generator. There are issues with Synthmaster working in MTS for same reason...

• Maybe the volume knob will remain stationary to where i set it even thru patch changes!

• The octaveup/down buttons still randomly stop working :(

• And the cpu usage is still high :(

• Keyboards and Pads works fine, finally!
    Many thanks! Fantastic!
    Still wrong the PitchBend Range, because If you set to value 12 the PBR
    is 11!
    The octave up-down arrows sporadically stop working.
    Stuck notes...

• Ah the live of app developers not easy. If you regularly update your app your always doing it wrong.

• The new UI is a huge improvement over the original. I guess this happened a while ago though

• ISSUE: Cannot Download Factory Presets 2.0

Anyone else?

• @Kaikoo said:
    Thanks for the update.

Still a minor problem, SM Player can not do 'bouncing track' and 'mixdown' on Auria midi channel when it seated as an IAA midi instrument.

I still can't use it in Auria Pro,no matter what i try (instrument,generator,starting SM first and then auria...etc) i still get instant crashes as soon as i just hit the"play"button on the IAA transport panel.Not only then but this one is reproducable all the time.Therefore it's still useless to me.Rim aleady told me that a fix is up to KV331,there is nothing he can do about it.So,what Auria/Device and iOS version do you use?I'm on Air 2 with iOS 9.1.

I appreciate the developers work though,i just need more patience it seems...maybe i should give it a try with Audiobus.

And I really like the new interface as well!

• edited January 2016

The octaves seems not right on the virtual keyboard (iPhone). It doesn't goes under C3. Seems more like a graphical issue since it sounds much deeper.

• edited January 2016

@Crabman said:

@Kaikoo said:
    Thanks for the update.

I still can't use it in Auria Pro,no matter what i try (instrument,generator,starting SM first and then auria...etc) i still get instant crashes as soon as i just hit the"play"button on the IAA transport panel.Not only then but this one is reproducable all the time.Therefore it's still useless to me.Rim aleady told me that a fix is up to KV331,there is nothing he can do about it.So,what Auria/Device and iOS version do you use?I'm on Air 2 with iOS 9.1.

I appreciate the developers work though,i just need more patience it seems...maybe i should give it a try with Audiobus.

And I really like the new interface as well!

Oh, I use iOS9.2 Air2. It is fine for recording midi as an IAA instrument. You just need to use master channel to transform midi to audio. SM Player must fix it's IAA. It is pleasure to wait newer SM Player. I guess they know the situations, just that they keep quietly and working on it. Better than they don't do anything. They are listening and do their best, so I never say a bad words.

• However brilliant the new GUI looks, is it really worth the amount of troubles intruduced ? I think not. Please re-release Synthmaster v. 1.0.11 as Synthmaster Classic.

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    However brilliant the new GUI looks, is it really worth the amount of troubles intruduced ? I think not. Please re-release Synthmaster v. 1.0.11 as Synthmaster Classic.

It's unlikely that replacing a few bitmaps alone will cause all the trouble.There was a"little"bit more introduced with v 1.1

• I love everything about this synthesizer except for the fact that it still generates more crackling than just about anything else which makes it almost impossible to rely on for any type of project.

Restarting my iPad and reinstalling the app doesn't seem to help. I have an iPad Air 2 64 MB with the latest version of IOS installed.

• @Paulyboy said:
    I love everything about this synthesizer except for the fact that it still generates more crackling than just about anything else which makes it almost impossible to rely on for any type of project.

Restarting my iPad and reinstalling the app doesn't seem to help. I have an iPad Air 2 64 MB with the latest version of IOS installed.

I hear you. Frustrating still. And random (over here anyway). Some patches are all crackle, but then I turn to, say, 'Sounds of the World' and I get no crackling at all (apart from switching between patches, which is a shame, but I can live with). Still unlike anything else....

• iOS 8.4.1 on air 1 and not having crackling for some reason. None that I have come across yet anyway.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Paulyboy said:
    I love everything about this synthesizer except for the fact that it still generates more crackling than just about anything else which makes it almost impossible to rely on for any type of project.

I hear you. Frustrating still. And random (over here anyway). Some patches are all crackle, but then I turn to, say, 'Sounds of the World' and I get no crackling at all (apart from switching between patches, which is a shame, but I can live with). Still unlike anything else....

I love sounds of the world. :) :) :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Paulyboy said:

Yeah it's pretty random. Love "Sounds of the World" as well. There are some truly epic patches throughout Synthmaster Player, some of which give me that warm tingly feeling.

Hopefully they fix the crackling issue at some point.

• @Paulyboy said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Yeah it's pretty random. Love "Sounds of the World" as well. There are some truly epic patches throughout Synthmaster Player, some of which give me that warm tingly feeling.

Hopefully they fix the crackling issue at some point.

Yah I would love more 'traditional' sounding sample based libraries from them. Maybe just 'Sounds of the World2' for starters.

• The sound quality of Synthmaster player sound seems very variable in terms of cracks and crackles on my iPad Air 2 on iOS 9.2 depending upon which presets I select and is perhaps a function of how much CPU hit they require.

• @Kaikoo said:

!

Oh, I use iOS9.2 Air2. It is fine for recording midi as an IAA instrument. You just need to use master channel to transform midi to audio. SM Player must fix it's IAA. It is pleasure to wait newer SM Player. I guess they know the situations, just that they keep quietly and working on it. Better than they don't do anything. They are listening and do their best, so I never say a bad words.

mmmh,weird.Not working here as IAA.This time i tried to avoid the IAA transport panel and played SM from an external keyboard in Auria..Doesn't matter,sound disappears after a few seconds and when i switch back to SM it restarts and send another crash report.

And while we are at it,i tried my new Akai MPK Mini standalone with SM and quite often SM crashes as soon as i launch the app with connected keyboard.Need to restart SM and then it works.More crash reports sent.They must have a whole folder with my crashlogs now ;)

• I'm curious about reports of crackling: are there notorious patches to try? Do the cracklings always appear in given patch or is it intermittent?
    Synth standalone or with Auria AP, other DAW, Modstep etc., or hidden stuff in bg? Buffer settings? Over sampling settings?

• I investigated the source of my problems some more and discovered that trying to play Synthmaster Player with Fugue Machine caused a continuous crackling noise and the bpm in Synthmaster Player was flipping around at a different rate. For comparison, I tried controlling Synthmaster Player with midiSequencer and the problems were gone. I haven't experienced this crackling and bpm flipping with other synth apps while using Fugue Machine but apparently there is an interaction between Synthmaster Player and Fugue Machine. I can play Synthmaster Player with SP Electro using the same patch and it causes no problems either. So then I tried turning off the MIDI clock send in Fugue Machine and the problem went away and the problem also goes away if I turn off MIDI beat clock in Synthmaster Player. So if you're experiencing sound glitches with Synthmaster Player, try turning off MIDI clock in Synthmaster Player.

• @Paul said:
    I investigated the source of my problems some more and discovered that trying to play Synthmaster Player with Fugue Machine caused a continuous crackling noise and the bpm in Synthmaster Player was flipping around at a different rate. For comparison, I tried controlling Synthmaster Player with midiSequencer and the problems were gone. I haven't experienced this crackling and bpm flipping with other synth apps while using Fugue Machine but apparently there is an interaction between Synthmaster Player and Fugue Machine. I can play Synthmaster Player with SP Electro using the same patch and it causes no problems either. So then I tried turning off the MIDI clock send in Fugue Machine and the problem went away and the problem also goes away if I turn off MIDI beat clock in Synthmaster Player. So if you're experiencing sound glitches with Synthmaster Player, try turning off MIDI clock in Synthmaster Player.

Cheers! But I don't understand why should we turn the SMP clock on if FugueM is sending it's own ?

• edited January 2016

@Kaikoo The MIDI beat clock is enabled in Synthmaster Player meaning when it is on, it is receiving clock. So if there are bpm based effects in a Synthmaster Player preset you would want to have it sync to the MIDI clock sent by the controlling app such as Fugue Machine. Once again, this is an example of why synth apps benefit from providing LINK support.

• @Paul said:
    I investigated the source of my problems some more and discovered that trying to play Synthmaster Player with Fugue Machine caused a continuous crackling noise and the bpm in Synthmaster Player was flipping around at a different rate. For comparison, I tried controlling Synthmaster Player with midiSequencer and the problems were gone. I haven't experienced this crackling and bpm flipping with other synth apps while using Fugue Machine but apparently there is an interaction between Synthmaster Player and Fugue Machine. I can play Synthmaster Player with SP Electro using the same patch and it causes no problems either. So then I tried turning off the MIDI clock send in Fugue Machine and the problem went away and the problem also goes away if I turn off MIDI beat clock in Synthmaster Player. So if you're experiencing sound glitches with Synthmaster Player, try turning off MIDI clock in Synthmaster Player.

Paul, thanks for the tip.

• edited January 2016

@Paul: iOS MIDItective

• edited January 2016

@Paul said:
    @Kaikoo The MIDI beat clock is enabled in Synthmaster Player meaning when it is on, it is receiving clock. So if there are bpm based effects in a Synthmaster Player preset you would want to have it sync to the MIDI clock sent by the controlling app such as Fugue Machine. Once again, this is an example of why synth apps benefit from providing LINK support.

I see! Not sending but receiving; I was lazy to read SMP manual, because it had many bugs. That means SM Player needs one more fix!
    It is true that SM Player crack and crackle with Fugue that I kept quietly until you said loudly.

Developer, please, fix those cracks and crackles!