Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

HELP! SOS!!!!!! IPad or Surface PRO?

I only have two days left to return my Ipad PRO and get full credit ..I already have Auria PRO and Gadget plus Beathawk...I could get, well, maybe not a surface PRO but a lenovo Yoga 900 w Bitwig or Prosonus Studio One which I KNOW is more powerful. Keep in mind that I'm not so computer literate...
PLEASE TALK ME OUT OF KEEPINGTHE IPAD! I know its not as good in the end. But I like it and with cream and modstep now I have plenty to work with. I should trade it in but I might not now...Somebody save me from becoming an al ios musician! I'm about to fall down the wormhole!
Crap, I really like Auria pro

Comments

• edited January 2016

popcorn's a poppin

• Hellzapoppin'

• edited January 2016

Here we are... Waiting for you at the end of the wormhole :-)

What is this talk of returning an iPad? Maybe to exchange it for the 128GB model? Go for it.

• Sounds like you know exactly what you want.

• @Audio Gus: Unf I think you hit the nail on the head. in all seriousness, I'm leaning toward IOS..What with "link" and Auria PRO, 2016 is a good time to go all "I.O.S"... I love it. just wondering before my deadline passes..IOS is the new " hardware", it seems

• @Telstar5 said:
    @Audio Gus: Unf I think you hit the nail on the head. in all seriousness, I'm leaning toward IOS..What with "link" and Auria PRO, 2016 is a good time to go all "I.O.S"... I love it. just wondering before my deadline passes..IOS is the new " hardware", it seems

• edited January 2016

My solution was basically to not choose...keep Air 2, add Surface Pro (3) i7 8GB ram, 258GB, (I already owned Bitwig...). I wouldn't be able to pick one, was fortunate to not to have to.

Frustrations with present screwiness (relentless, destabilizing updates) in iOS pushes me away, but it's love-hate. As it is, the systems compliment each other. I had the option to replace Air 2 with Pro, but it wasn't different enough from Air 2, slightly faster slightly bigger screen. I waited to see how "Pro" Pro was going to be, saw Bitwig touch happened on Surface Pro, and that was it. It was going to be a long time before any type of iPad could run something like Bitwig, Falcon, Breaktweaker, Serum, Omni, Diva...but I don't know if I would have made the move if I'd had to give up Air 2.

• Thanks, Littlewoodg!

• I only know self recording with my ipad. With a very small hint of DT Reaper. I love music creation on the pad. It's all fluffy and pretty and flowers............Until stuff doesn't work right, but then it's too cool to be mad for to long.

I know that will help as much as a razor blade for a bald guy..................

• @Telstar5 said:
    Lol (typo

Get a macbook pro, ableton live and keep the ipad pro ;)

• Trade back the iPad Pro, get a 64GB Air 2, a Macbook Air and Live Standard. All you ever need :wink:

• edited January 2016

Depends on if you want a pro system that's also touch. Apple won't get you there by itself.
    It'll be a while before OSX has touch, and iOS is actually pro. Touch was the deciding factor in my mad plan.

• If you don't know what you want, return the Pro and wait until you do know. That's a lot of money to let other people decide for you. :)

• edited January 2016

@AudioGus said:

:D I remember that. I never got out. :#

• @Littlewoodg: So you are all IOS now?

• @TareKith: Nah, because I could be goi g back and forth forever. It's a day before my final return option...I could very well get a laptop and possibly live to regret it if Auria PRO gets much better than it is.

• I pad PRO is pricey but basically it's a leap of faith in that you're betting that IOS will keep expanding ..Look now, w Abketon "Link"..Out of nowhere. And I predict we get garageband for Mac on IOS complete with all the cool drummer programs. If I ever hit the wall I could get Presonus Studio One and use the iPad as a mixer

• Did you ever had the the chance to try some audio apps (like bitwig) on a (touch) surface?So that you can make a comparison yourself?Otherwise it would be definitely to risky for me personally.And with Auria Pro it just "started",Link and Audio units are high on WMLs priority list (next after he sorted out all bugs in AP).And while i don't know the specs of the Lenovo i don't think it's easy to compare them.There's still a full blown win 10 running in the background with all the good...and bad that it will throw into the ring.

• I remember an old idea that if you flip a coin to decide something then you will often make the decision in your head before the coin lands.

@Telstar5 my take with these things is that I don't always need the things that appear best on paper. If what I have is enabling me to be productive then I'm happy. I have been eyeing up the iPad Pro too, but I'm not running out of things to do with my Air 1 and am not being stopped from doing anything so I may leave it a bit.

The Surface may be a full windows machine and have much more amazing software but I don't need or want that complexity when I writing songs and playing with audio.

• edited January 2016

@Telstar5 said:
    @Littlewoodg: So you are all IOS now?

Nope, both iOS and Windows.

All touch, but not all iOS, not all Apple

Because iOS is touch but doesn't do pro (but I love all the stuff on iPad, as much for things like Electrify NXT, iSequence, and the late Alchemy, as for Auria Pro, Beathawk, Praxis Beats, and all the amazing software that is only on iPad) and because as @Jocphone said there's play/work possible that happens only on iPad in part because less complexity = more inclusivity and creation.

and because OSX, though pro, doesn't do touch... So to run touch Bitwig, (or touch MTS Pro and the 10$ Stagelight that has pro features like hosting pro vst) I have a touch Windows machine. That's also loads (no touch) Ableton, touchable Fruity loops...

I'm not an either/or type, more of a both, which has caused problems in my marriages...

I sound like a fanboy often because I'm extremely giddy about what I get to do on iOS, but I'm not exclusive at all. Truth is I was on iPad 1, for a while, (Sunvox! iSequence!) then I found out from my kid what desktops had been doing with music software for like, ever. He had a Mac, and GarageBand then Live, and I was like "whoa!", and he was all "right?", and I got into Sunvox, then older trackers, then EnergyXT, Renoise, Fruity Loops...PC cause of price, and sheer quantity and variety of software (in other words all the free vsts...)
    But I was still boring the crap out of the kid talking about what the iPad did. Still do. He'll be all "that's cool, Dad", and I'm like "right?", but sometimes he's like "but your laptop does what those 7 apps are doing with just 1 piece of soft..." And I'm all "but isn't it cool that those 7 apps can do that?" And he's like "Sure, Dad. Dad? if you get Omni for you, can I load it on my Mac too?"

• edited January 2016

I think the primary consideration here for many will be how much can be earned if they want to resell the device later for upgrading purposes.

The surfaces seem to be following the laptop curve where you can lose $400 or more per year that you use it if you purchase the latest model and attempt to sell it the next year when a new model comes out.

iOS devices seem to on average lose $100 a year. Now, I did recently get stuck in a new curve which cost me $200 over a year, because Best Buy has been allowed to sell iOS devices at $100 off, so now an Air 2 is going to bring in $200 less this year, since all values have been recalibrate in a curve which includes the best buy discount, so now the iOS device value is device value minus best buy discount and then minus $100 for each year.

I'm not sure why apple allowed best buy to do that, but at this point you likely want to get the $100 discount if maintaining the old value formula is a concern.

If you buy a Surface Pro, you most likely need to have the intention of keeping it, or absorbing a heavier loss.

I'm in that situation with my midrange 13' 2014 Mackbook Pro because I bought it full price at the apple store instead of seeking out a discount and have seen a $550 loss in value so far, but if I sought out the discounts would have lost only $350.

That said, I don't truly consider it a "loss", I just consider it my "rental fee" until I resell it and upgrade whenever that happens.

• Of course it depends of your workflow. No iPad app comes even close to a desktop DAW and all the goodies for me yet.
    Also until there are enough "pro" apps we have already iPad Pro 2 or 3.
    Then again a full blown DAW and huge plug-ins are much better with trackpad/mouse, especially on huge screens and may never work for touch devices. I see touch devices mainly as additional input and sound modul rather as a workstation!
    You only can answer it for yourself!

• For me it is all about being useful for my commute. If i could transplant all my tune time to home i would see it just as you do.

@Cinebient said:
    Of course it depends of your workflow. No iPad app comes even close to a desktop DAW and all the goodies for me yet.
    Also until there are enough "pro" apps we have already iPad Pro 2 or 3.
    Then again a full blown DAW and huge plug-ins are much better with trackpad/mouse, especially on huge screens and may never work for touch devices. I see touch devices mainly as additional input and sound modul rather as a workstation!
    You only can answer it for yourself!

• listen to the cry for help that is coming from inside your head, and then listen to Tarekith.

• @kobamoto said:
    listen to the cry for help that is coming from inside your head, and then listen to Tarekith.

This is a good policy across the board especially the listen to @Tarekith part!

• Shovel and a bucket

• I have no idea what that means but I'm intrigued.